passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

PSA  if the first time you boot the PS5 is when it's stood up, when you put a disc in and it doesn't read, you've probably put it in upside down

Guilty. I thought that the disc would be read on the larger side. The other side just looks like the casing.

Fun fact: My PS3 account Lives! Updated my password and just like that, I'm back in. The trophies are an odd little time capsule, back from when I was more of a gamer.

15 minute download for Demon's Souls though...

Oh and how do you turn that bloody voice off??

I'm not going to post a picture of my set-up at the mo. Because now the PS5 has arrived. I realise the window sill the TV sits on isn't any good and I need something a lot less temporary...

Oh and I am indeed playing Offline. Not intentional either.

I initially couldn't even choose anyway before some some required update for Demon's Souls. When that was done, upon being offered the option to play on or offline, I thought 'why not?' and clicked online. It took me straight to a Playstation Plus page. Completely forgot about that and not in the mood to fuss with it now. 

Ultimately left with a positive vibe off my play session today. Which was in truth, after the set up and updates, only just over an hour. Souls games are easy to break up like that, with a boss fight to cap off the session.

On 20/11/2020 at 08:51, Nag said:

How is the Fallout 4 season pass still £39.99?... who's head of pricing, Dick Turpin?

It reminds me of buying 1st Party Nintendo titles second hand. They certainly don't depreciate in value.

That’s just down to terrible digital store pricing though not Nintendo style stubbornness. They never take into account the age or worth on those stores. Recent case point - Darksiders 3 - Just purchased for £11 new, it’s £43 on the Xbox store... Pointless buying anything unless on these consoles unless it’s on sale. 

I’ll get between £5-10 when I sell Darksiders on when I’m done with it too. 

Had my first issue just now with the console, playing Spidey MM just randomly froze for a second before completly powering down with out warning.

Had to Boot back up from system and repair controller the system done a small quick repair before restarting back up fully

not rebooted the game yet but all appears okay at OS level for now.

Anybody else experienced this?

Just looking on some reddits, seems its quite a common issue on all games, given its causing system shut downs

I would assume its more at a hardware level.

I have not connected any external Discs and not used rest mode either so seems, that somethings wrong at a deeper level, seems Sony have been advising people to plug directly into the wall instead of a powerstrip,  but people who have contacted support are being advised if keeps happening unit may need repair / replacing.

I had that glitch mentioned a few pages back when I first booted it up with the Day 1 update taking ages to download (before turning it off and back on again which cured it). 

Aside from that though it’s all been plain sailing so far.  I’ve had one or two bugs in Spidey MM where the frame rate went a bit stuttery for a little while after I’d skipped a load of cutscenes (NG+) and I just had one on my last session where the audio wouldn’t work for a few minutes but it has never froze or booted me to the dash etc.

2 minutes ago, OCH said:

Well I haven't had any real issues. Although Demon's Souls did download itself again today, while I was playing. Which was weird.

Was it just updating?

33 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Was it just updating?

No, that was the weird bit. It said downloading, not updating. I had an update as soon as I first put it on, so I know different text is used between the two.

2 hours ago, Nag said:

How are people finding the UI?... apart from it being quick (to be expected) I kind've think it's a bit shit at the minute, bare boned and pretty messy, obviously that'll change up during it's lifetime but then again PS4's didn't change massively so we'll see.

They seem to have removed the Web browser from the user side but it does have one. Some of the issues are just that I'm used to the old way 

Like, if I want to power down the console I used to hold the home button down then select rest or whatever. Holding it down now takes you to the UI, whereas tapping it is where you find the power. It's the opposite of what I'm used to