passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Dualshock 4 will only work with PS4 Games on PS5

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.

The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).

The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games. 

Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. 

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

And that’s it! We’ll continue to provide updates on PlayStation 5 down the road, so make sure to check back soon.

I don't really see why they wouldn't work. I doubt the PS5 goes in to a PS4 mode the way the Wii would for Gamecube games, so I suspect it's more that they aren't recommended, fully supported, etc, so the rumble might not work right, but I'd be surprised if you can't use the sticks and buttons, even if just wired. Wait and see I guess, at least fight sticks and steering wheels work. It'd be nice if the pads do but I didn't end up doing split screen all that often this gen, just here and there. Different if you've got kids I guess

I get on a technical level why the VR camera and Move controllers working isn't great news, it'd be nice if at some point they put out better ones, but it's good for me, means all the VR stuff I've not got around to will work, hopefully to a better standard too. 

I understand when some games are normally lost if they had a unique set-up that is discarded with the next gen. Wii and DS titles come to mind. But Playstation has never really had that problem... For games that people cared about anyway. 

you could use PS3 pads on the PS4 if they were plugged in. Like I said, I suspect it will be the same here, which solves the problem when you're stuck for a 2nd pad. I can see why people would be annoyed, but as others have said, same as it ever was

This was probably the most eye-catching game of the show for me. Abzu was very good so that also raises my interest.

And this of course.

Looks ace. Release date September 15th, bit of a pleasant surprise.