passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

I would have liked to finish SotC on the PS2 before playing the PS4 remake but given my circumstances that’s unlikely to happen now. Looking forward to playing it!

Since I signed up for PS Plus i’ve gotten the Uncharted trilogy, the Bioshock trilogy and now Shadow of the Colossus for free. It’s a good time to be a gamer. 

More PS5 rumours:

Japanese journalist Zenji Nishikawa reported PS5 Pro will launch alongside the regular model back on September 6, 2019

The original source for this report is Zenji Nishikawa (not VFXVeteran or OsirisBlack). It seems a lot of people are jumping on this story only now. I just wanted to set the record straight.

"Japanese journalist Zenji Nishikawa has posted a video on YouTube in which he states that Sony will be releasing a PlayStation 5 Pro model alongside the regular base model come launch day, which is expected to be near the end of 2020. (...) This is just a rumour but Zenji Nishikawa seems quite reputable (he got a thank you on the credits of The Last Guardian!)" (TheSixthAxis)

"The rumour was started by Japanese journalist Zenji Nishikawa on YouTube, who has proven accurate in the past with his predictions about the PlayStation 4 Pro and the Switch Lite." (Metro)

"According to Nishikawa, the PS5 Pro will cost around $100-$150 more than the basic PS5 console. The report states that Sony is taking this approach because it has 'acknowledged the interest in a high-end model and wants to give players what they want right from the beginning of the generation.'"

Take with heaps of salt obviously.

Sonic Forces might be the most forgettable Sonic game ever. It's clearly better than the likes of '06 and Unleashed but it lacks any kind of standout feature, level or idea. It feels like a Chinese ripoff copy of Generations that does kind of the same thing but without the flair. Yes, there was a character editor but, well, yawn. It's not a bad game but I'd rather have something weird like Lost World which at least tried to be something unique.

1 minute ago, Nag said:

In regards to the PS5 Pro rumours... I can't believe we've hit March and still have no real solid info on this thing, what on earth are Sony playing at?

There is some solid info out there in the form of the two Wired articles (think they're linked a few pages back). But yeah I think we're all desperate to see the box, games and specs at this point.

Xbox didn't announce the XBOne until May 2013 so it's possible they could wait that long this time around. It's also possible their plans got disrupted by the Coronavirus and instead we'll get a State of Play at some point outlining the specs/box etc. with a price announcement coming later. There has been some speculating that a PS Meeting/State of Play will be announced tomorrow (Kojima has been teasing something for tomorrow too) as Giant Bomb alluded to it in their recent podcast and a few other rumours. But yeah there's been so many rumours and speculation about various bits and pieces to do with the PS5 announcement at this point that we can't really rely on any of them at all.

37 minutes ago, Nag said:

Even though it would be nice to get some Info I feel a State of Play is the wrong way to go about something as big as that, it would just feel sort of an anticlimax to all the waiting...

I agree and would much rather prefer a PS Meeting but with the Coronavirus threat at the moment I'm not sure inviting Journos from all round the world to a theatre somewhere in the US is the best of ideas. So yeah a State of Play will be fine with me in the circumstances.

EDIT

in other news Control is coming to PlayStation Now.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-04-control-wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-lead-marchs-playstation-now-offerings

Wow. Before gamepass? That’s a legit get over Xbox for a change. Didn’t see if it’s streaming only or download, though.

Man, I bet Control comes to Gamepass before I fire up that digital Xbox copy I bought god dammit. No more buying games with these subscription services about, buying games new is for suckers

2 hours ago, Maf said:

EDIT

in other news Control is coming to PlayStation Now.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-04-control-wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-lead-marchs-playstation-now-offerings

Wow. Before gamepass? That’s a legit get over Xbox for a change. Didn’t see if it’s streaming only or download, though.

Man, I bet Control comes to Gamepass before I fire up that digital Xbox copy I bought god dammit. No more buying games with these subscription services about, buying games new is for suckers

It's great get and I may sign up to play Control, PS Now slowly but surely catching up with Game Pass.

Also, it's available to download, I believe all recent PS Now games joining the service are and quite a few of the back catalogue including recent additions Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Wolf 2.

Although Gamepass this month has Ori day 1. PSNow getting a big name game that Gamepass doesn’t have or hasn’t had feels like the first sign of the first step to getting this right. The understanding has begun. But they got a ways to go. Dropping exclusives day 1 is still better.

2 hours ago, Maf said:

Wow. Before gamepass? That’s a legit get over Xbox for a change.

They did already have exclusive costumes and such in the base game on PS4 so there might have been multiple deals between Sony and Remedy/505 in the background.