passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

2 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Do most do that? I tried once with the PS4 and it almost lifted off and shot through the window.

I'd imagine a significant number of consoles are either in cabinets or otherwise slightly hidden. I'm not saying all or even most, but enough that the camera would need to be movable 

It's suggestion is that it's for live streaming, in which case I assume the streamer will need to have the console  strategically placed to capture their gurning face. 

Everyone else will probably tuck their console away in the least annoying place possible.

That said the article also warns that everything in it might be untrue. Rumours, eh?

It wouldn’t be hard to have a camera (which would be of higher quality than before) to be part of the console and not be effected by its fans. 

In my mind it’s of high quality for vr gaming. It could even be detachable. I’m not saying it’s a good idea tho cus it’s not. It raises the price of the console for the 95% of people that wouldn’t ever use it. 

27 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

It wouldn’t be hard to have a camera (which would be of higher quality than before) to be part of the console and not be effected by its fans. 

That will be why cameras are usually attached to noisy vibrating objects I suppose. It's famously great for audio and picture quality 

Isn’t there cameras on fridges? I can’t think of anything else a camera isn’t on an appliance and sold separately because of vibration. As for sound you’re assuming it would have a mic. In my mind that’s in the controller and/or headset. 

Kinect was bad for games but I really liked being able to tell my Xbox what to do. It was just cool. Not worth the extra premium the camera added to the box, but if there’s a better way to bring that feature back I would like it. 

I think Wiivo is probably correct that it could be for VR headsets, in that it acts as the sensor that locates the headset in physical space to map it to where it is in the game. I think the new oculus headsets do something similar to avoid have the satellite sensors around the room. 

In my opinion those that don't care for vr are saying so out of ignorance and have never actually used it.

Right now I've angered all non VR gamers, let me continue with opinions disguised as fact.

Some of the VR games out there are excellent, some aren't (the same as regular non vr games).

I'm probably a bit biased as a trekkie though as i see what VR is, the starting blocks to a functioning holodeck one day.

My only real issue with current VR games (more so shooters) is the space required to play them.

Robinson: The Journey really showcases what the PSVR is capable of and i hope to see more from that team and franchise, Sony'sVR Worlds is also excellent but it should be as it's basically theirbig VR advertisement. On the flip side Arizona Sunshine or whatever it's called is so bad it looks like somebody made a vr game on a ps3!

Getting back on topic, that being said, i don't want the camera included in the console. Like Andy i got the ps4 camera and it had no use.  Then psvr came out and required a new camera making the older one entirely redundant

I haven't tried it out, but can/does VR work as a 'regular' game with added depth? ie you don't have to use to move controllers, you can just use a regular controller, but it gives an added sense of immersion?

Or are the Move controllers necessary for enjoyment?

4 minutes ago, regemond said:

I haven't tried it out, but can/does VR work as a 'regular' game with added depth? ie you don't have to use to move controllers, you can just use a regular controller, but it gives an added sense of immersion?

Or are the Move controllers necessary for enjoyment?

Yes and no, some games require the move controllers,  other are suggested but bot required. I've not played with move controller yet as they seem quite difficult to actually get hold of now. But all the games I've played with regular controller have been oodles of fun.

Don't bother with the gun controller though if you don't have a lot of room

Just now, Nag said:

You're right, I've never used it... And until they can make it as easy as slipping on a pair of glasses I never will.?

It's still early days for the tech really. What you're talking about i expect will be 10-15 years away

The vr headsets do sort of slide on like glasses... just really big ones haha

53 minutes ago, Fragpuss said:

Then psvr came out and required a new camera making the older one entirely redundant

it works with the old ps4 camera too!

also i agree vr is ace :) if you can get moves, beat saber is pretty much the best thing ever.

45 minutes ago, spatular said:

it works with the old ps4 camera too!

also i agree vr is ace :) if you can get moves, beat saber is pretty much the best thing ever.

But you can't buy it without the new camera included (to the best of my knowledge)