passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Edith Finch is interesting. I didn't love it but it's got a great sense of a lived-in space that speaks back to the player. If you like exploring little virtual worlds and environmental story telling then you need to play it.

If ps plus is good for anything it's to signal boost stuff like this that people would miss or not bother with.

A bit of a tough sell for sure. Edith Finch is a great little game and everyone loved Overcooked but these are both the sort of games we were getting before they cut them down by a third. In fact I already thought Overcooked had been given away.

It's a good month in terms of the quality of games, but I think people are expecting bigger games. Since they've reduced the number of titles they need big names in there, even if the big names aren't any better than Edith Finch

18 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

A game that needs online or is kind of useless

What are you on about? Overcooked is local multiplayer, not online. And it’s far from useless single player, Elena plays it on her own all the time. 

Anyway, shite month for me. Already own Overcooked and expansions (and got all the trophies), and got no interest in Edith Finch.

Yeah, local co-op is piss-all good to me. I only multi online. I’ll add Overcooked to my library,obviously. But I’ll pretty much never have the chance to play it multi. 

Not having online multiplayer is a massive oversight in this day and age.

PS5 is packing some 'special sauce,' says AMD boss

‘We're really excited about what the next generation PlayStation will do'

With Sony finally beginning to talk about PlayStation 5 in an official capacity, AMD has now chimed on the subject, discussing its partnership with the format holder and the 'special sauce' that powers it. 

Speaking with Jim Cramer, Lisa Su, CEO of AMD, spoke of how 'proud' the company is to be part of the PS5 package, although wouldn't give any hints as to when the next-generation console will arrive in stores.

'We are so honoured and proud to be part of Sony's next-generation PlayStation,' Su commented. 'This has been a really long-term partnership with them. We love gaming. We think gaming is a really good secular growth market. What we have done with Sony is really architect something for their application, for their special sauce. It's a great honor for us. We're really excited about what the next generation PlayStation will do. And happy to be a part of it.'

Sony confirmed last month that the PS5 will not be released before April 2020, so if it is out next year, we're probably looking at a November release going by past hardware cycles.

EA Access is coming to PS4

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-07-ea-access-launches-on-playstation-4-july

EA's game subscription service EA Access will launch on PlayStation 4 in July, after years as an Xbox One console exclusive. On PC, EA runs a similar program, Origin Access.

EA Access on PS4 will offer the same big back catalogue of EA games as on Xbox, along with the same 10 hours of early access to new titles, and discounts on game or DLC purchases.

The subscription service will cost the same as on Xbox, too - either £4/$5 a month or £20/$30 a year.