passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Just signed up, downloading dark siders as this finishes tomorrow, oddworld sw, lbp2 that's enough for now but some big games there!! And for 11.99?? Bargain!

Howmuch space do the game data files take up?!! 150mb hdd and its full of all the old crap i used to play, half of it is corrupted as well, good thing i can use google!

Perhaps i can't use google, i found the secret 3rd menu. Did a system file restore, tried to delete the offending file nope won't touch it still, ah well only 2gb of data that won't go unclaimed, and i know its from Resistance 3 hmmm lousy game now stuck on my ps3.

If anyone has anyother idea's?? also anyone changed the hdd on a ps3 slim?? any limits?? was thinking of 500gb should be enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also, PS+ members:

From September, you'll be able to grab the critically acclaimed Machinarium, the white-knuckle ride of Retro/Grade, the reimagined classic Double Dragon: Neon and more, all at no extra cost.

I think PS+ has become essential for any Playstation owner now. I think it's great. Started Saints Row 2 last night. I've got enough stuff on there to keep me going for a year and it's stuff I've actually been wanting to play as well.

Yep i have recently got plus and while i rarely play games at the moment, it has been great for downloading updates etc.. when i flip the ps3 on to watch a blu-ray or lovefilm there is always a notification for updates, saving me some game time!!

I did miss deus ex which was the reason i got it in the first place, im sure something else will come up!

Microsoft really do need a rethink of their Gold service in the wake of Sony's recent updates for PS+, just having a solid multiplayer service isn't enough any more.

There haven't been any games that have made me want to sign up as yet, already own and have played everything they've made available so far, definitely keeping my eye on it though. I may partake in September when it's 25% off.

Can you only access and play the games for that month, or for as long as you subscribe? Would I have access to past months games if I signed up now?

Can you only access and play the games for that month, or for as long as you subscribe? Would I have access to past months games if I signed up now?

You can only initially download them in the month they're available, but Ed was saying you can then download previous "purchases" if you've deleted them, which I hope is true as I want to play Burnout Paradise.

As far as i know and could be wrong, once you download the games once they are available as long as you have the subscription. Ive got about 4 lined up on the console and another 3 or 4 in the shop area awaiting download.

Would love some ps vita support when that happens i will probably hammer whatever becomes available as long as im interested, the vita gets so much more gaming time at the moment.

One thing i would like and hope sony are working on it is lovefilm, iplayer and netflix for ps vita, can't be that far off now??

• 1 month later...

Sony are finally going to give their psn store and overhaul

Sony has released the first screenshots of the redesigned PlayStation Store.

The platform holder told TheSixthAxis that the Store's new design was influenced by consumer feedback.

Sony said last month: "PlayStation Store for PS3 is set to get a new look from October 2012, making it even easier for you to find and download the content you love from the comfort of your sofa."

The new PS Store could launch as early as next week following scheduled PSN maintenance on Monday. What improvements would you like to see?

Earlier today Sony announced that UK PS3 sales have surpassed five million units.

Screenshot_17+copy.jpg

Screenshot_18+copy.jpg

Screenshot_7+copy.jpg