Sly Reflex

The Hot Topic

I would have given a lot of money at one point to see KOTOR. 3 made, the MMO is sort of it but not quite.

It's odd really because KOTOR 2 was a dissapointment in many ways, and definitely felt like the consumer being badly screwed over, so I shouldn't have wanted it that much but really did.

Something I'd pay in advance for now is possibly mirrors edge 2 but my money would come with some caveats, because mirrors edge could have been an amazing game but for a few things which just didn't fit. I would want to hear about their intentions for the next game, I think a sort of sandpit style multiplayer could work well, getting to the highest point, or maybe if they embraced full shooter and mixed it with the free running, because it wasn't just the shooting that ruined the last one but the implementation of it, done well and you've got a good recipe....although Brink springs to mind and that wasn't pleasant, although again a case of poor implementation.

I don't even want a new game.... just Capcom to remake Resident Evil 2 & 3 with shiny new HD graphics in a Resident Evil Gamecube stylee, tank controls, fixed camaras, the whole lot. ;)

So Many things I'd like to do.

I want Sony's Studio Liverpool to pump out games like they used to under the Psygnosis banner during the PS1 era. Their games were rarely out of my console. If I had infinite money I'd love to give them everything they need to make a new G-Police or Colony Wars, or a a new game along those lines. I really liked their style of Sci-fi, what with WipeOut and Rollcage too. I'd really like to see Psygnosis' glory days back.

Something I'd pay in advance for now is possibly mirrors edge 2 but my money would come with some caveats, because mirrors edge could have been an amazing game but for a few things which just didn't fit. I would want to hear about their intentions for the next game, I think a sort of sandpit style multiplayer could work well, getting to the highest point, or maybe if they embraced full shooter and mixed it with the free running, because it wasn't just the shooting that ruined the last one but the implementation of it, done well and you've got a good recipe....although Brink springs to mind and that wasn't pleasant, although again a case of poor implementation.

Mirror's Edge 2 was something I was going to bring up. I'd totally give money to it, but I seriously don't know what path I'd like it to go down. I'd hate to see it go full shooter, we already have a fuck load of shooters and I don't think we need any more. Maybe have it as a racing game or something, but not numerous players on one track style, jut racing against shadows of other people.

I don't even want a new game.... just Capcom to remake Resident Evil 2 & 3 with shiny new HD graphics in a Resident Evil Gamecube stylee, tank controls, fixed camaras, the whole lot. ;)

This is something else I'd like to see, although I'd like to see them done in the same vein of RE4 over the shoulder style. I don't think I'd want to chip in with the costs though.

So Many things I'd like to do.

I want Sony's Studio Liverpool to pump out games like they used to under the Psygnosis banner during the PS1 era. Their games were rarely out of my console. If I had infinite money I'd love to give them everything they need to make a new G-Police or Colony Wars, or a a new game along those lines. I really liked their style of Sci-fi, what with WipeOut and Rollcage too. I'd really like to see Psygnosis' glory days back.

Psygnosis had some incredible output during the PS1 years. Taking them back to their highlight years where they were kicking out games like Destruction Derby, Colony Wars, G Police, Wipeout, the Formula 1 games and oddities such as Overboard and Team Buddies would be great to put money towards. They also published a lot of games they didn't develop, I know Alundra was one. By funding someting ike that you'd get a serious fuzzy feeling in your belly.

I'd probably be fine chipping in for some Nintendo classics that didn't get sequels when they should have done. Pikmin 3 for instance.

Also, in before someone mentions Shenmue 3, either here or on the letters pages on the weekend. :ph34r:

I would like to see Ni no Kuni (DS) being localised. Also Mother 3 being officially released in some format.

Would be nice to see Dark Cloud 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3.

The child in me would love to see someone make games based on the Redwall books.

Also, a next-gen resurrection of Arcanum could be very interesting if done right.

easy, reform bizarre. get them to make pgr5 - basically the same as 4 (and 2) but with more real world tracks as well as the city ones. or any racing/driving game really, blur 2 would be great too.

mirrors edge 2 is a good call too.

Mirror's Edge 2 is a great call. To keep me happy they wouldn't have to change it that much, just tighten it up and fix those context sensitive moves and I'd be fine with that. They can do what they like with the shooting, I had the best time with it doing a pacifist run anyway.

I'd probably be fine chipping in for some Nintendo classics that didn't get sequels when they should have done. Pikmin 3 for instance.

That is a thing being made anyway on the WiiU. Miyamoto's having a ball with it apparently. Linky

Originally, I was making Pikmin 3 to be launched on the Wii platform. Because the Wii U is capable of HD quality pictures, and will be accompanied by the subscreen on your hand. I thought that I would be able to make a Pikmin that was closer to my ideal. I am now actually enjoying myself, working on the game.

I'd give Nintendo the money to localise Captain Rainbow.

I know ninty are doing Luigi's Mansion for the 3ds but would love a proper Wii or Wii U version thats the one game they could make for me!

I'd quite happily give a chunk of money to Michel Ancel to do Beyond Good & Evil 2 on his own terms, as expansive and ambitious as he wants to make it.

Oy yeah, just thought.... i'd be on Cliffy's dick for a new Gears trilogy starting from Emergence Day.

I would sell every single game, peripheral and extraneous console I own to help fund a new online Steel Battalion on the 360 that used the old controller. None of this Kinect shit, I want to fire up my mech by flipping a whole panel of actual switches, getting the revs just right so I don't stall it and push that massive accelerator to see it take it's first lumbering steps in glorious HD.

Goddamit, why won't Capcom release a proper Steel Battalion, instead of this retarded motion control shit?!?

I'd give cash to Harmonix for them to make a game where you actually played along on a guitar or bass. I know that Rocksmith has done it but apparently it's meant to be really bad. I wouldn't really trust anyone else but Harmonix to try anything like this as I know most of them play and I feel they have the mentality and know how to make it happen.

I've only heard decent things about Rocksmith. they have said it will get a Euro release at some point but I'm not holding my breath. I've been thinking about importing it from the States.

This weeks hot topic.

With Sony's PlayStation Vita due out this Wednesday in the UK, the topic for this weekend's Inbox seems fairly obvious: what are your impressions of the portable and do you intend to buy one?

What do you think of the hardware itself and does it represent good value for money? Is the addition of the twin analogue sticks and touch controls a significant step forward? Are the graphics impressive to you and are there are any other features you would've liked it to have?

There we go. Answer this. Answer this now.

My impressions of it are good as Ive said and posted here. I don't know how much of my excitement is down to it just being new and shiny but to be fair it does score very highly on the shiny scale.

I really like the analogue sticks and the graphical power, the few times I played it I felt like I was playing the Playstations answer to the Wii-U concept. The potential is there for it to be massive however if I'm totally honest I'm steeling myself for it to initially be slow and even in the long run for it not to live up to its potential if sales aren't high enough and support for it trails off, however so far it's doing a lot of things right. The launch line up is pretty strong and I remember when we theorised about the price maybe being 500 at release do although I think 230 and 270 is high it's definitely going to drop further in price. At the minute games and especially memory are a bit steep but that's something that will get better.

Am I planning on getting one? Pre-order says yes.

I've still had my hands on one so my impressions of it are purely from observing; seeing videos, internet chatter and stuff like that.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up with one at some point, but the 3DS and WiiU are systems that are in line first so when I get one is a case of when I have a spare £250. I can't think of a real deciding reason why I want one. I guess it's because it plays video games, and I like video games, and it will have ones you can only get for that system; maybe even good ones!

There's nothing in the launch line-up I want apart from WipeOut 2048. The other games are very much typical and forgetable launch titles, ports of games I can already get on the home consoles (and would rather have on the home consoles) and Uncharted ( :raspberry: ).

I'm trying to think of proper reasons for wanting one but I can't think. :facepalm: But I will, I know it. I've actually been playing my PSP quite a bit recently. Mostly Rock Band and LococRoco, but I got Final Fantasy Tactics started again, too, and I hope to see it through. I hope they do keep those types of games alive on the Vita as just having home console experiences on a handheld isn't the way to go. Not everyone has an iPhone.

I think the tech looks great but as things stand there's no chance of me getting one. Of course if I get a job and have some money burning a hole then I can see me buying one whenever they repush it (so new bundles or price drop, the former being far more likely to happen in the next year than the latter).

I always assumed I'd get a psp at some point, but it never happened. I was tempted when the Go came out but that there wasn't a reliable way to get cheap games, other than hope for psn sales, it didn't seem worth it. Also, and I know this is a cliche, but I don't want console games on a handheld, so was only interested in a handful of things. The Vita seems like it's set to suffer the same problem, and as such it's never likely to be as high a priority as, say, the WiiU or even another needless overhaul of my pc

I feel the same as the 3DS - I'm sitting, waiting it out.

To be fair, I'm more interested in the 3DS at this point because there's a better library, but the Vita launch looks a hell of a lot more inviting than the 3DS one. But then, exactly the same thing happened on the last gen - the DS launch was pathetic and the PSP launch was amazing.

I'm happy enough with iOS gaming at this point, the more asynchronous games that appear, the more I play.