Sly Reflex

The Hot Topic

I’d really love to see a port, some kind of ‘definitive edition’ or remake of Mario Sunshine on the Switch.

I’d love to see a Diddy Kong Racing remake too.

Whereas, I'd love to see a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing. Maybe even Diddy Kong X Crash Team??

Nintendo has some contemporary series too that they have seemingly abandoned to obscurity. 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race, Pilot Wings and Fighters Destiny, a quite unique take on fighting games.

I think F-Zero GX would be at the top of my list just so I would have easy access to it..

I'd play Super Metroid with the tighter controls from the GBA Metoid games but I'm not pining for it as the original is still a great game as is.  1080 Avalanche is super underrated and I'd be up for a remake of it. 

I don't really know.  I'd say Nintendo games hold up pretty well and have less reason to be remade.  But I'm an idiot and will happily buy a simply prettier version.

I’d like a remaster of Thousand Year Door, would be cool to play that again.

A remade and modernised take on Eternal Darkness would be good but that will never happen.

In other Zelda remakes, Four Swords Adventures was under appreciated, mostly as I remember people thought it was a multiplayer only game. Online and local version of that, with the cool switching you do in single player, that would be a great fit for the Switch. I think there was a 3DS version but a remade one of the GC version would be great.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

A remade and modernised take on Eternal Darkness would be good but that will never happen.

Indeed. I was one of the backers of the Crowd Funding for the sequel. Unfortunately, as it turned out, not that many people were genuinely interested in a sequel being made, so I'm sure the series is as dead as if Konami made it... RIP Bloody Roar, Suikoden, Vandal Hearts, Silent Hill etc etc

I would guess it was more not wanting to give Denis Dyack any capital, plus not trusting him to do a good job. That was my logic at the time.

I only cared about the game itself. It is the only crowd funding I have ever been a part of and after being somewhat disillusioned by the whole thing, I don't feel anywhere near the affinity for another series to do so again.

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I would guess it was more not wanting to give Denis Dyack any capital, plus not trusting him to do a good job. That was my logic at the time.

It looked cynical as shit, I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed it didn't get funded 

template1.jpg

After the success of Tetris 99, GameCentral readers come up with ideas for new battle royale titles based on existing games and films.

The subject for this week’s Hot Topic was suggested by reader Ciara, who asked what other genres, or specific games, do you think should have a battle royale spin-off? A battle royale game being one where a large number of people (typically around 100) compete until there’s only one player left, so that could be anything from a racing game to survival horror.

We were impressed by the wide range of ideas, that ran from movie licences to entirely original concepts. Although the two clear winners in terms of existing games were Bomberman and F-Zero.

Weird, I’m watching a Eurogamer video about this as I type. 

Bomberman is a dead cert as it’s basically a battle royale game on a much smaller scale. Same with Worms. 

The MGS universe is ripe for the battle royale treatment, and to be honest I’m surprised Konami haven’t tried to repurpose MGSurvive yet. 

I think the most obvious one would have to be Battle Royale itself. Have it with cell shaded anime inspired visuals, bomb chokers, hyper gore, all of it. 

there was a 100 person online Bomberman game a few years back, unofficial but I used to play it quite a bit

After playing Far Cry New Dawn I think if Ubisoft wanted in on the battle royale genre they could do worse than use that as a base. You've got a large map full of foliage, good gun play, then you'd have the novelty of environmental dangers like fire and animal attacks that could spice things up

Although Bomberman would be a good call,that won’t ever happen. Because it’s owned by Konami,and they’re a bunch of absolute bell-ends. 2018 consisted of Metal Gear Survive,and that’s pretty much it. So although that would be an interesting idea,they couldn’t be arsed to actually do it. 

I haven’t played Tetris 99,but I like the idea of it. It’s certainly more interesting than a ‘regular’ Battle Royale game ala Pub G or Fortnite,which I always find immensely tedious to play.

So on that wavelength,I’d like a Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move BR. Or a Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo one.

4 hours ago, regemond said:

Vigilante 8. Or any kind of vehicular combat, really.

Large scale, Multiplayer Wipeout would be awesome, alongside one of the best soundtracks in gaming.

19 minutes ago, OCH said:

Large scale, Multiplayer Wipeout would be awesome, alongside one of the best soundtracks in gaming.

Would that be enough to get you to play an online game?😮