passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fringe

Hendo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a few episodes through season 1 and im liking it. The 'what are we going to do, how will we solve this, oh solved it' thing is definitely a bit jarring but you have to follow certain conventions to fill a series and get it recommissioned and so on so im fine with that.

Still going strong on this, really enjoying it but there are one or two things which make you roll your eyes a bit. Im liking how things are starting to link together, getting a few theories together, but its almost like whenever I think of something clever, the show goes and spells it out.

• 4 months later...

Seen two episodes of season 5 now, thoughts so far:

Generally its really good, and Walter Bishop just gives it that bit of magic. Ive found myself liking Joshua Jackson's character a lot more as the series has gone along too. It always seemed like they were going to make Olivia the superstar, but Peter being the audiences anchor was a bit of a curveball.

Im still not sure what I feel about it jumping all over the place all the time. It has lead to some good stories, and ive liked how they revisited some of series 1's stories with Peter having already experienced them in his original timeline, but it made me care about the other main characters a lot less because they arent technically 'mine' any more. Its brave of them to do, many other shows would certainly play it safe.

When series 5 starts, and im only two episodes in mind, I really didnt like yet another change out of the blue, but over the course of the opening episode it won me over because I liked Henry Ian Cusick's (Desmond from Lost) character but then he disappears soon after, although he might be back I suppose.

It feels a bit like Heroes when it started to go all over the place, but lots of people have said they really like the last series so im going to continue to put my faith in it and hopefully not be let down with the ending

• 1 month later...

I forgot to say id finished this now. All in all it was a great show, and I respect it for not doing the normal successful US show thing of milking the same formula until it gets stale, even if it might have had one or two misses among the hits. Strong lead cast throughout especially with the amount of doubling and tripling up some had to do, but John Noble as Walter Bishop was a delight from start to finish and definitely goes down as one of my favourite characters of all time, definitely the highlight of the show for me even til the last minutes of the last episode.