passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saints Row The Third

DANGERMAN

Some quality conversation from todays session.

"I never understood why Run DMC did that song with Aerosmith. Aerosmith are all kinds of shit. Run DMC are not. Aerosmith are one of those bands nobody asked for. They are like the crumbs that appear down the back of the sofa. Nobody wants to acknowledge them or deal with them unless they really have to"

:lol:

I sat and did all the collectables tonight while listening to the match. The way they've done it means it was quite relaxing. Took me maybe an hour to mop up the ones i didn't have.

I was cruising around looking for the gang fights, I found a few of them, but some of them must be really well hidden. I'm guessing it doesn't really help that they are a bit glitchy, sometimes you have to stand right in the middle of them before it registers which targets you have to kill. Hopefully I fall for them naturally just driving or flying around, although I think I might be wishful thinking there.

I levelled up quite a bit as well, although I'm still miles away from getting those really good perks. Really all I want is the unlimited ammo so I don't have to go into buildings to drop my wanted level each time I start to run dry.

Yeah, that wasn't like that on my screen. She was definitely on the ground!

Had some odd bugs myself.

Sly puts his truck halfway through a wall.

post-62-0-71239800-1376870091_thumb.jpg

After I've finished for the night, my character just continually falls through the ground and dies.

post-62-0-93313100-1376870133_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

I started playing this again, revisiting my backlog as I am.

I dont know what the difference is between the last time I played this and now but something has changed. I like it now, i've been having all sorts of fun. The missions are packed with variety, they're stupid as fuck but they sure are fun.

So. Yay.

• 2 years later...

After thinking a lot about Crackdown 3 and how much time has passed between the first one and now, I kept thinking about how this game stole the loopy GTA style game thunder from Crackdown.

It’s on GamePass so I downloaded it last night and booted it up today.

My save isn’t there so I’m right at the beginning and early on it’s way more GTA than Crackdown but it’s fun going back to Steelport. I had to up the sensitivity of the right stick controls though, as it moves too slowly for my money.

I’ll probably never see it through to the end again, but worth it to mess about with the character creation and have a big fat black guy with pink straight bobbed hair and a gruff cockney voice.

31 minutes ago, Hendo said:

After thinking a lot about Crackdown 3 and how much time has passed between the first one and now, I kept thinking about how this game stole the loopy GTA style game thunder from Crackdown.

It’s on GamePass so I downloaded it last night and booted it up today.

My save isn’t there so I’m right at the beginning and early on it’s way more GTA than Crackdown but it’s fun going back to Steelport. I had to up the sensitivity of the right stick controls though, as it moves too slowly for my money.

I’ll probably never see it through to the end again, but worth it to mess about with the character creation and have a big fat black guy with pink straight bobbed hair and a gruff cockney voice.

I think they go all-in on the Crackdown stuff in Saints Row 4 more than this one. That has the giant jumps, flight, even orbs to collect at some point.

Yeah,Saints 4 took it to an even more ridiculous level. Which was brilliant. Soon as you got your superpowers,cars literally became useless.

And the character creation in the series was always great. Because who doesn’t want to play as a cockney geezer,telling everyone to piss off. Good times.

• 1 year later...

Well, Saints Row 3 is back, Remastered. And I’m glad to be playing it again. 
I bloody loved this first time around, to the extent of getting the Platinum. And I’ve no doubt I’ll be making an attempt to do so again this time.

The Saints games are just ridiculously enjoyable, from its over the top carnage, to it’s brilliant Character creation (Give people the wanker sign? Yes please!). It’s completely stupid, and god I love it. 

You get all the DLC, as you’d expect. I’ve seen some criticism on reviews that “it’s locked at 30fps”. I’m not a graphics whore, so that means bugger all to me. This looks great, and is just as fun as it ever was. 

Agents Of Mayhem was quite a misfire, it didn’t feel nearly as fun as the Saints games. Still, never mind. I’m off to beat people to death with a purple dildo. Then dance on their corpse. Fun times.

After 20 hours, I’ve completed the Campaign, found all collectibles, and done all side missions. Though I’m at 100%, I’ve still got a few Challenges to get through, in order to get the Platinum. Then I can tackle the DLC, which I never played.

Still a really fun game.