passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Skyrim

Sambob

Got this on PS4 and had a great time on it last night, did the opening sequence then just wandered off. Found a bandit camp and then found a master vampire and some gargoyles that I was way under levelled for but using sneak attacks and some crafty skull bashing with two handed hammer I was able to get through it rather than just go away and level. 

I have to say I'm very disappointed with how few mods there are compared to the xbox one version. Sony really fucked up with not allowing external resources to be used, some mods are 20-30 hours of game play but never mind. 

• 4 years later...

So I'm continuing the world's slowest ever Skyrim playthrough, or half a kind of a playthrough anyway. Basically I want a new VR plaything and so this is it. What made me go back to it is a very cool mod that turns Skyrim into one of the things I wish it was and sort of isn't. An orienteering game

So basically I have all HUD turned off and never use the in game markers or map, I don't know the topography of Skyrim at all so I can't just blunder my way around easily. I decided I'd try and make my way to this town on the sign here, 'Ritten'. Not for any specific reason I just wanted to figure out how to get somewhere in the game without using the HUD and no knowledge of the game in general

28DA494494C4F3EEE6E205D57461E1E8013EB415

Turns out though that it really fucking far away to just stroll to in VR, so literally it took me a few sessions to get there due to VR being one of those things which you don't spend a long time in. During which in the meanwhile someone made this excellent mod for the game

5160120C4EC6928B7398F97C3C1C3C95D13B7F36

A map and compass (the compass isn't in this screenshot). Unfortunately this chap you see here hard locked me into an unwinnable fight that I had to go back a couple saves to get away from. He wanted to turn my Khajit into a rug which is fucking racist, wtf.

What the mod does as well is towns will also have their own more local maps which show you different areas in greater detail. So 'Iverstead' which is the town I'm in is to the north west a bit from the place I want to check out.

723E4FD92D72885428B72F9A3430E0BFF8D11AE8

I went with Khajit cause they have all these sneaky attributes and I don't really want to be doing melee in VR, it ain't a good time. Unfortunately when I got to Iverstead those stalking fuckers caught me again and I had to run through fields eating everyone's potatoes to tank the fight and survive. On fucking novice difficulty.

So I need to rob a few ppl and buy some arrows I think. Originally I was using this to check out the new 120fps mode for quest 2 but unfortunately that seems to cause a few issues with the game where mooses will jump up onto trees and murder themselves (which suits my hunterer gatherer style player, but still) or horses will horrifyingly teleport behind you and twitch around like crazy, which I definitely did not appreciate in VR

• 1 year later...

I've been playing the anniversary version of this. Loaded up as many story type mods as possible, a nice big house in the country, and the beautify towns mod, which turns most towns into mini Chelsea flower shows. It's great😀

Didn't really expect to play for long, just establish my character build, (one hander with block this time), look at some of the mods, then store it for another day. 

Seems someone slipped me a vigorous potion of questing though, because I'm 60 hours in and have just joined the stormcloaks and the dark brotherhood. Bugger.

• 2 weeks later...

God knows how many hours I've done on this, now. Fucker has crazy content, and you always seem to run into a new quest just by opening your big mouth, even to someone as seemingly innocuous as a shopkeeper or a beggar.

I did plan to start far cry 6 this month but there's so many open threads here in Skyrim that it feels rather unheroic to just up and leave to go sunning myself in some Caribbean dictatorship. 

It's funny, because I have this memory of getting this game when it first came out and not being that impressed - possibly because it felt different from Oblivion and I was a bit set in my ways. And yet here I am many hours into my 4th build, and reluctant to put it down.

For me Skyrim has become a rather comforting digital holiday that I indulge in every few years to remind myself just how a holiday should really feel!