passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Orcs Must Die! (and OMD!2)

Bob

Bigger combos give you more coin. Thats why I stunlock groups and then blow them over edges using the wind belt. The more orcs that die in quick succession bring in more pennies. I wasn't sure if effects stacked like I witnessed in that yt video. The whole bubbles thing popping up on the screen is quite poorly done, it never really explains what any of it means.

You think we'll be able to do that up to 50 H? I was thinking maybe bring thearchers in and stack them across the top, as very little went up there really. It's hard to tell, maybe the gnomes would be better as they have AoE rather than single target. If we snaked the path of my side with barriers a bit further than we had it could cause a right trap for some bombers. The unpredictability of Gnolls might screw that idea up.

I think Archers might be a good shout.

I need something different because after I put down my initial traps I felt like I had money to burn but nowt to spend it on.

I can't decide if the Pushers are any good or replace them with grinders instead.

The thing is you want the mobs to walk as far as possible so you can damage them en route. You don't get to do that using the grinder method. It's worth a try I guess, I just think it's an expensive way of doing things. 1900 coins plus 600 each to funnel mobs is really expensive. Zigzagging mobs is much more cost effective.

I have thought of another way that leads the up and over the bridges and then back up the wall, so it might be a valid way of doing it. So many barriers though, it'll run into the tens of thousands.

Refunded all my skulls and bought everything back.

Just got to wave 41 on Endless on my own on Crossfire which I'm quite proud of. I did the barricade and grinder trick but concentrated on one side while I fought on the other and eventually built up both sides the same. It does mean that one side was more vulnerable than the other due to one being closed off and the other not (I didn't stagger the barricades) but it did work well.

By the entrances I filled the floor with brimstone and the places left I put acid squirters and it did a good job.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I reckon it'll come out something like Monday Night Combat. I just don't like the idea of vs in this game, it sounds like a clusterfuck. 5v5, loads of creeps and wall traps all firing at the same time? I think they're pushing the boundaries of what people look for when they purchased the last 2 games.

• 3 years later...

3 years later and the free-to-play version is out.

It's exactly what you expect with tons of stuff you can pay for or just grind it out.

I've gone through the prologue tutorial and done a couple of matches online, 3 player co-op, and it's pretty good.

The menu UI is pretty horrific - they've stuffed just about everything they possibly could on there but luckily you can ignore most of it.

• 1 year later...