So here’s my update from today’s session.

I finished Painted World and got back into Anor Londo. The place is a nightmare but somehow not as infuriating as a similar part in DS3 which is a bit of a call-back fan service. That was much harder I think.

Finishing that, I got the ability to warp between bonfires which is great, but only certain ones. And where I need to be there’s no direct warp so I’m back in Blightown, trying to make my way to the bottom again so I can put myself back in the poison swamp. 

So needless to say, I turned the machine off and gave myself a break.

Rekindling this this thread 🔥

Started Remastered (why they didn't call it Rekindled is beyond me) on the Switch yesterday and just finished Blighttown and killed Qualag. 

It's nice to go back and play it now that I'm more familiar with the games as I can see a massive improvement in how I'm playing compared to how I was when I made the Let's Play series for Remastered on the PS4.

During that playthrough Mark and I called people in to help with (and by help I mean carry) pretty much every boss and it felt really cheap, so I'm doing this playthrough 100% solo. No player phantoms. No AI phantoms. No jolly co-operation at all.

It runs great on the Switch, even Blighttown, and the pick put/put down gameplay you get with the Switch (I'm playing in handheld only) is perfectly suited to this game. 

I'm soul lvl 40 something and have been putting most of my points into Endurance so I can actually roll in the armour I'm wearing, and a bit in strength so I can wield better swords. I've put about 3 points into Vitality and haven't had any issues at all. Been practising parry's and backstabs as often as possible too.

It feels great to be playing this again 😊

10 minutes ago, RikSP said:

Rekindling this thread 🔥

No player phantoms. No AI phantoms. No jolly co-operation at all.

That's how I've played Souls since Demon's Souls. This another one of those games on my "to do list" when I get back into the mood to play my Switch again. I enjoyed flip-flopping between this and Hollow Knight. One a palette cleanser for the other. I'm playing a Castlevania build. So, if memory serves, I was on my way to Blighttown to claim the first Whip...

Up to Ornstein and Smough and I can't do them for the life of me. 

First phase isn't too bad, I can get Smough down without much trouble, but when Ornstein absorbs him it all goes to shit. 

Hoping that because I've got one phase down it shouldn't be long before I work out the second, but fucking hell, it's got me so angry I'm shaking. Still determined to beat the cunts without Jolly Co-operation though, I just need to sort my dodges out.  

Ornstein and Smough is legit one of the best boss fights of all time.

Oh it’s a Top Five Miyazaki for sure. But of all time? Not a chance. 

If memory serves I took Ornstein down first as shin-Smough is much easier to deal with.

You may already know this though and are maybe going for the specific item dropped by shin-Ornstein (in which case, good luck).

Four Kings and Seath down. Nito and Bed of Chaos left.

I'm trying to find the Black Knight Sword but no one is dropping it for me 😕

Tomb of Giants is a cool location. I don’t remember anything about Bed of Chaos. Is that one of the bosses in Lost Izalith?

Bed of Chaos I think is not affectionately referred to as the “Bed of Bullshit” by a lot of the Dark Souls community 

Bed of Chaos and Nito have been vanquished! Sadly, so has the joyful Knight Solaire. He went crazy, attacked me, then killed himself by rolling off a bridge into the lava below like a graceful Terminator. 

Bed of Chaos was easy as fuck this time. When Mark and I did it last year it took us 22 attempts over an hour and a half, today I only died once against it. 5 minutes and done, RNGesus was on my side today for sure. 

Nito was another story, he took me much longer than I'd care to admit, I kept getting mobbed by the respawning enemies in the fight. On my last attempt I switched to the Crystal Halberd and destroyed him with minimum issues. 

If I play my cards right I'll have Gwyn, Lord of Cinder killed before lunch. 

Manus is the legit final boss though. It is really surreal just how much of what Gwyn does is punishable with a parry, considering he is the last boss.