passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

illdog

Bed of Chaos and Nito have been vanquished! Sadly, so has the joyful Knight Solaire. He went crazy, attacked me, then killed himself by rolling off a bridge into the lava below like a graceful Terminator. 

Bed of Chaos was easy as fuck this time. When Mark and I did it last year it took us 22 attempts over an hour and a half, today I only died once against it. 5 minutes and done, RNGesus was on my side today for sure. 

Nito was another story, he took me much longer than I'd care to admit, I kept getting mobbed by the respawning enemies in the fight. On my last attempt I switched to the Crystal Halberd and destroyed him with minimum issues. 

If I play my cards right I'll have Gwyn, Lord of Cinder killed before lunch. 

• 2 months later...

So this is Dark Souls, attempt number three.

The story is, that I tapped out of the Souls series after completing the pre-DLC Dark Souls 2. Of the first three games, Dark Souls 1 was the only one I never finished. I basically got bored of it upon initial release and never went back to it. When Remastered was first available on Switch, I decided to return to it and see if it held my interest until the end this time.

...Then I stopped playing, again. Not just DS, all games. I had too much Real Life stuff going on. Since yesterday, I'm giving it a go once more. Started from the beginning with a new character and already defeated Taurus, after only two play sessions, roughly an hour each. Opted out of the custom build of the previous save file. I might go back to it, but for now I just want to try to finish the thing first. 

Dark Souls: The Min-Max saga continues

Two hour playtime today and I got quite a bit done. Looted the upper levels of Blighttown, Valley of Drakes, Darkroot Basin and bought all of the Bonfire boxes, via the first Merchant and Andre. Plus defeated two (technically three) bosses. The Mighty Moonlight Butterfly, the Bell Gargoyles and the first Titanite Demon (who I think is more of a "boss" than the butterfly).

Level 24 Cleric 

Highest Stat: 30 Strength

Mace +5

Dragon Crest Shield +2

Might take a stab at New Londo next, although that is probably the area I enjoy least. Or head straight for Pinwheel..

Correction above: I explored Darkroot Garden in that session. I ventured to Darkroot Basin in this one.

It is weird that as I started the game after ringing the Gargoyle bell, Lautrec was already at Firelink? I thought you needed to free him, apparently not. So I killed him instantly, on my way to the Basin. Accidentally discovered the back door into Havel's room while I was there. Killed him too. Wasn't so lucky against the Hydra, as it didn't do anything other than water blast me from a distance. Gave New Londo a quick go, before remembering why I used to hate it, after a bullshit 'drowning in ill-defined deep water' death...

Currently at the Catacombs. My war of attrition against Necromancers, wages on...