passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

illdog

Lakitu, where did u go to level up so much?

Found a crazy easy way.

Gather 20,000 souls. I did this running up to the dragon (up the stairs) then back down so he breathes fire, kills the bad guys and scores you 300 souls. Go back down to the bonfire. Repeat. Pretty boring but worth it because then...

...Go to the blacksmith who is before the stone headless monster (or where that guy WAS). I've only seen one BS so you should know who I mean? Buy the Seal of Atoire or something under the keys tab. It costs 20,000. Cha Ching!..

...now to lol. Head through the room where the stone guy is/was and go left. Keep going past 3 or 4 imps and you'll see a door. Hit the wall to the left behind some rubble and... :o secret bonfire!!!

...Now go open the door. Go down the stairs and head left, sticking to the edge of the stairs. You'll now be at a point. Wall on one side, a sheer drop at the other. Head back to the foot of the stairs. Not too far in are 3 bad guys. The first will shoot shit at you, the second will try to chop you up and the third is semi transparent. Yeh....

...For practice go far enough in just so the first guy hates you. Then run back to the point I had you look at. Watch as the idiot walks up the stairs and jumps down from the ledge, over your head and into hell. 2000 souls for you! Yes, 2000! If he manages to get onto the ledge, hold up your shield. As he tries to hit you he'll move back and...into hell ;)

...SO, like I said, there's 3 dudes close by. If you run by the first, in front of the second then the third should also notice you (the more you do it the more you'll get a rythem going as to where to run). All 3 will run back and use the stairs before deciding life isn't worth the hassle and throwing themselves off netting you... 6000 souls each time.

Back to the bonfire you found, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I think that's the most I've ever typed on my iPhone. Ever.

Epic Lakitu WIN.

I went from a Level 20 monkey to a level 40 sex warrior in two hours this morning using the Lakitu technique, sometimes insomnia is your friend. Ive got 10,000 souls to buy some more shit from the Blacksmith and then im gonna figure out what to do next.

I was shooting the tail of that red fucker just to piss him off, but the guy I had in chat at the time (LH Sabre) said that it dropped a awesome sword. I spent like 70 odd arrows and got nothing. I'm not sure what the deal is there.

As Lakitu said, use large arrows. If you stand in the middle arch (once you've taken the enemies out ofc) and shoot the tail, you can then shoot it again when he lands on the bridge as the tail drops down right next to you. You have to be quick about the second shot but if you can pull it off it'll take no time at all.

And the sword is definitely worth it, trust me, especially early on.

Thanks for that farming info Lakitu! Managed to farm over 100K souls in about 20 mins or so although i've since joined the Forest Hunters covenant so the dudes there won't attack me anymore. It does mean I get to be pulled into people's games to fuck them up when they try to trespass in that forest area though :D

I've started again. I wasted all my humanity trying to kill the gargoyles. Put this together with me killing the first shopkeeper, dropping most of my useful items and me feeling like I was getting nowhere I decided to start afresh.

I chose a Bandit class this time, a bit stronger and harder than a Wanderer. I'm up to the armored pig thing so Im catching up quickly.

Go Stoobio, you can do it.

Ive joined the Forest Covenant and went back to Mr Carpa Cuntface Fuck. He beat me again but we were both down to our last hit. I can definately beat him now and it will be the last thing i do for a while on this beauty. I need to finish off Dirt 3 then im going to be all up in Batmans face, then its Skyrim and Skyward Sword. I'll fit in plays of this where i can but it might have to wait till December.

I'm getting very near to the end of this, in fact I think i'm able to challenge the final few bosses right now, but it's a point of no return thing and there's still areas i've yet to visit.

Like Illdog i'll be playing the shit out of Batman, Skyrim and Zelda (also AC:R and Saints Row 3) for the forseeable future so as much as it pains me to do so I guess i'll have to come back to this later, at least until Batman is all finished up anyway (for another thread but how fucking ace is that game looking?? wub.gif).

Also, for you achievement whores out there, I found out that you can grab the achievements for joining covenants without actually joining them. The achievement will pop as soon as the confirmation message appears asking if you want to join. You can then just select NO and carry on in your original covenant if you'd rather not actually join them.

I've just destroyed the Gargoyles. :) I got the Drake sword this time and it has made the game so much easier!

No idea what to do next mind. I know I have to go to the other bell - I hope its not behind that one legged tailed jumpy stone man thing near the blacksmith. He scares me.

From Software has announced that it’s to release a new patch for Dark Souls.The patch details comes via the developer’s website and have been translated by the helpful people onNeogaf.

It’s been said that the contents of patch are just a taste of what’s to come. Here’s what to expect so far though.

• Fixes to certain spells and effects:
    - Magic Shield, Strong Magic Shield
    - Tranquil Walk of Peace
    - Ring of Fog, etc.
  • Unlimited uses of magic and items
  • Regular weapons rebalanced against reinforced weapons
  • Adjustments to the player matching conditions
  • Loading problems when switching between maps

This is good news, especially if there's more to come.

Glad they're at least making an effort to rectify the online situation, I can't see them going the whole hog and allowing friends to group up though. Also happy to see they're fixing some effects, Ring of Fog is a biggie. Not being able to see someone sneak up on you if they're very careful is one thing, but not being able to target them at all is just ridiculous.

Bit weird they're allowing unlimited uses of magic and items, didn't realise it was a problem for anyone. I'm hoping this is a mis-translation though as that could be potentially game breaking.

Things I love about this game:-

The Map - I love the way that you keep coming across little short-cuts which link back to areas you have already been through. I've just opened a sewer door that couldnt be opened at the start of the game and has opened up a nice little shortcut and a new vendor.

The glitches - I was farming a few souls by popping my head up on the bridge to piss the dragon off (I've already nabbed his tail) so he burnt the baddies on the bridge. Every time I did it I had to go less and less up the stairs until he started killing them at the top of the ladder in the bonfire room. Then all of a sudden he somehow kills himself, I get 10000 souls and he no longer re-spawns. Thank you for the free souls Mr Dragon :)

Things I hate about this game:-

The Capra Demon - He is a shitbag. A dead shitbag, but a shitbag all the same.

The glitches - I was farming a few souls by popping my head up on the bridge to piss the dragon off (I've already nabbed his tail) so he burnt the baddies on the bridge. Every time I did it I had to go less and less up the stairs until he started killing them at the top of the ladder in the bonfire room. Then all of a sudden he somehow kills himself, I get 10000 souls and he no longer re-spawns. Thank you for the free souls Mr Dragon :)

:o

You lucky cunt.

• 2 months later...

Anybody on here still playing/finished this?

Back at college now so i can only play at weekends. I'm around 55 hours in, level 89, my weapon is the Black Knight Halberd +5 and i'm using Havel's armour set, apart from the shield. The last thing i did was get to the end of the Tomb of Giants but i was dragged off the xbox before i had a chance to fight Nito. Still have the following areas to go: New Londo Ruins/Abyss, Dukes Archives/Crystal Cave, Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith as well as The Great Hollow/Ash Lake.

I really love the game anyway. The gameplay is ridiculously engaging and the way the game handles npcs and narrative is just brilliant.

Not a bad weekends work anyway, beat Gravelord Nito and The Four Kings. Glad to be rid of the annoying dark areas. Upgraded my estus flask to +2 and am currently in the second portion of the Dukes Archives...

Hopefully next weekend i can finish the Dukes Archives/Crystal Caves. After that i will try to wrap up as many of the remaining achievements as possible, which will mostly involve farming for the various upgrade components to get the max weapon achievements, and hopefully i'll get a few level ups along the way. I've seen videos of the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith and they look pretty nasty.

Current stats:

Level 91

Vitality - 36

Endurance - 36

Attunement - 8

Strength - 36

Dexterity - 20

Resistance - 20

Faith - 9

Intelligence - 9

My plan is to level vit and endurance to 40 along with strength, and then just strength from there on out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooooo......I went out and bought this. :unsure:

Weirdly, GAME had no copies (I was thinking there would be a ruck of second-hand copies) so instead picked it up new at Tesco.

The kind of way I play these kind of games is perhaps completely at odds with the game itself, as I tend to button-mash, rarely defend, level up my HP and attacking and just use brute-force. I gather this will not see me very far.

At the very least, I will document my travels here for all to point and laugh at me. Maybe I'll provide someone reading it with some entertainment.

Starting stats:

darsouls1.JPG

Fuck this game. :(

I spent ages trying to get out of the first tutorial stage with the first boss. I'd seen videos of this bit before so I knew to avoid him the first time and then the second time attack while falling but it didn't help me. Took me at least 5 attempts before I finally did it.

Also even though I had the Master Key, there was a door that I couldn't open - there was an item by a body at the bottom of some stairs that were crumbled so you couldn't get it without going all the way round, climbing some stairs on the other side and opening the gate that led there. There was a guy there that was meant to teach you how to parry. Tried everything but the door wouldn't open.

At the moment I can read and rate people's messages but I can't write my own and I can see flashes of the ghostly visions of other people playing right now but I've no idea how I get someone in with me.

In the next area I did my first level up, some health some defense. Talked to a couple of NPC's and found a graveyard with skeletons rising from the ground, Army of Darkness style. Found them too harsh so simply ran round picking up the items I could see. Then there's this big fucker appearing who destroys me in one hit. I run back, pick up my souls and run back to the main area, thinking "I know my video games - they won't be able to follow me!" Wrong.

I spent ages trying to get out of the first tutorial stage with the first boss. I'd seen videos of this bit before so I knew to avoid him the first time and then the second time attack while falling but it didn't help me. Took me at least 5 attempts before I finally did it.

Also even though I had the Master Key, there was a door that I couldn't open - there was an item by a body at the bottom of some stairs that were crumbled so you couldn't get it without going all the way round, climbing some stairs on the other side and opening the gate that led there. There was a guy there that was meant to teach you how to parry. Tried everything but the door wouldn't open.

At the moment I can read and rate people's messages but I can't write my own and I can see flashes of the ghostly visions of other people playing right now but I've no idea how I get someone in with me.

In the next area I did my first level up, some health some defense. Talked to a couple of NPC's and found a graveyard with skeletons rising from the ground, Army of Darkness style. Found them too harsh so simply ran round picking up the items I could see. Then there's this big fucker appearing who destroys me in one hit. I run back, pick up my souls and run back to the main area, thinking "I know my video games - they won't be able to follow me!" Wrong.

You'll be able to write your own messages when you buy the orange soapstone from the undead burg merchant. If you're playing in online mode there'll be messages indicating his location when you get near.

That graveyard has some cool gear but it's not a low level area. I presume you mean the giant skeletons? Yeah they'll probably kill you in one hit at level 1 or 2. You keep your gear when you die though so if you managed to nab some stuff then that's a job well done.

The next area you are supposed to go too is up the hill to the right and through the little tunnel there.

People say survival horror is dead but I haven't felt this tense or scared by a game in a long, long time. I had my first glimpse of a massive dragon just now and practically shit myself.

I don't know how many options there are from where I started after the tutorial stage, but I opted for a second trail.

Some help needed from those who have played this lots:

1. I see that enemies respawn - is it worth grinding for souls to level up?

2. Have I made the wrong class? I love the axe I started with, like the fireball too but it's limited in number (only 8 throws at the moment) so I've gone back to the axe. Is this a waste of the pyro class? Have I missed something vitally important? With the fireball my soft attack throws a fireball but the heavy attack only throws a punch.

It's not like you can pause the game while you change weapons (I think it carries on regardless?) so I'm just sticking with one or the other, so the axe is winning right now.

3. I'm getting attacked from afar and one of the messages suggests to use long range attacks but the fireball doesn't go very far, am I screwed?

4. I have to reverse hollow myself but it says I have no humanity even though I'm sure I'm picking up humanity quite a lot. Is this something that should come later?

5. Should I just put this down to experience and start again with another class?

Taurus Demon

Came across him, thought I was done for. Then I managed to somehow knock him off the bridge. ^_^

Bit stuck now - I know I have to get to the dragon but I'm not sure how. I think the only option I have is to drop back down to the bonfire by the snipers. I've been going round and round this section now for hours, just grinding and levelling up.

Bought the ability to leave messages and found the ability to summon people. How do I sell unwanted items?

Before I found someone's summon symbol so I pressed the button and a dark evil bastard came up and destroyed me. :finger: