passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

illdog

What classes have people gone for? I'll try and pick one that hasn't been picked and see how it plays out. If it's anything like Demon's Souls, depending on your class radically alters how you play. I think after a few picks I ended up with a Royal which meant I could spam all sorts of shit at enemies to get rid of them. I tried playing a rogue like toon and it was fucking impossibly difficult.

EDIT: Pyromancer, Wanderer and Deprived. I know Wanderer was in Demon's, I don't know about those other 2 though. It looks like they mixed it up a little bit.

Had my first "FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." moment today. Lost somewhere in the region of 12000 souls and 10 humanity from steaming into a boss area without realising *cry* :(

I fucking hate this game.

But I fucking LOVE it as well :D

I've found that you can farm humanity pretty effectively from putting a summon sign down outside boss rooms. Kill the boss and walk away with the souls and +1 humanity or die and return to your world with no consequence. Means it's not as rare a commodity as I first assumed. Plus you get to see the boss first hand and practice a bit if you're having trouble.

Had my first "FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." moment today. Lost somewhere in the region of 12000 souls and 10 humanity from steaming into a boss area without realising *cry* :(

Dont suppose its the Carpa Demon is it? Cos he's making me hate this game. Its the first time ive found it unenjoyably frustrating. Its hard enough getting to him, but he knocks you down pretty quick and there's barely enough time to get out the way before his second hit kills you. And 70% of the time i cant get out the way. After the 4th time of getting to him after getting past all the pissing skinless wolfs and soldiers and dying from two quick hits i gave up. Just cant be arsed to keep running a;; that way. May try again tomorrow.

Dont suppose its the Carpa Demon is it? Cos he's making me hate this game. Its the first time ive found it unenjoyably frustrating. Its hard enough getting to him, but he knocks you down pretty quick and there's barely enough time to get out the way before his second hit kills you. And 70% of the time i cant get out the way. After the 4th time of getting to him after getting past all the pissing skinless wolfs and soldiers and dying from two quick hits i gave up. Just cant be arsed to keep running a;; that way. May try again tomorrow.

It wasn't the Capra Demon, it was something else that was much, much bigger :(

To save you some frustration, and because that he can be a real dick:

There's a staircase immediately to the right of the bosses doorway. Head down there first and fight your way past a couple of Assassin's lying in wait. As you venture down the alley you should see a doorway on the left, at the top of some stairs. Nip in there to find a useful merchant (remember her for later on ;)), and you should also recognise the sewers where you started. run along the length, there are no enemies and open the gate at the end to find yourself back near Firelink Shrine. Much easier run back.

Get some help in if you can, this goes for any of the bosses, makes things a bit easier at least.

Raptr counts 27 hours played this weekend. Wow. I've fought a number of the big bosses, done alot of co-op which is awesome when it works. I'm at a point now where despite leveling up a great deal, everything is gigantic and hard as fuck. Where do you go when you're stuck between a rock and a hard place?? :(

There's a staircase immediately to the right of the bosses doorway. Head down there first and fight your way past a couple of Assassin's lying in wait. As you venture down the alley you should see a doorway on the left, at the top of some stairs. Nip in there to find a useful merchant (remember her for later on ;)), and you should also recognise the sewers where you started. run along the length, there are no enemies and open the gate at the end to find yourself back near Firelink Shrine. Much easier run back.

Get some help in if you can, this goes for any of the bosses, makes things a bit easier at least.

Thanks bro, i shall try that, thats awesome.

Where do you go when you're stuck between a rock and a hard place?? :(

Umm...up?

I just defeated 2 huge Gargoyles but put me in a small room with 2 dogs and a monster I don't get to look at for long enough to see what it is and i'm doomed. There's no "Hey, I'm a monster, here I come!" The fucker runs at me before the came finishes the animation of walking into the room. Time to grind.

Thats where i'm stuck.

I think in that fight the problem lies more with the tiny room than the boss itself. With enough room to move about these dudes are pretty easy to down.

Here's how I finally managed to kill him:

You need to roll literally as soon as you can when you enter the room. Don't wait, just hold towards and hammer the B button. With any luck you'll roll straight past him, avoiding his unblockable attack. Once you're clear, run to the left side of back of the room where you'll find a short staircase. Whatever you do don't run to the right as there's a little overhang with some columns that are very easy to get stuck on with the dogs running about.

Run up the stairs and move to the right where you'll drop a little onto some ruined stonework. You can take out the dogs relatively easily standing here as they're funneled up the stairs. Just remember to keep you shield up as the Capra Demon will follow as well, a little way behind. He'll get a little way up the stairs and try a jump attack. This will hit so keep your shield up but he will fall down underneath you. Do a plunge attack, then rinse and repeat.

The guy is a massive cunt, but as long as you can dispatch the dogs quickly he shouldn't pose too much of a problem if you keep away from his attacks, especially the double overhead and horizontal swipes. It's usually better to roll towards him if you're close enough, but best just to use your judgement on that.

I dispatched the Capra Demon with a light melee class, anything that can roll about quickly is better for that fight. Not sure how you'd fair with a caster. Not very well I expect.

Really? I thought you were many levels above me? I think I'm lvl22.

Im level 20 so i guess not.

*more awesome advice*

That shortcut shit was fucking spot on, nice one. Still cant beat that Cuntra Demon though, i keep getting caught by the fucking dogs and then its goodnight.

Pshhhh.... im not sure i have the patience for this game. I really like it but im not great at doing the same thing again and again and again, and ive been trying this cunt for about an hour and a half. I don't wanna give up though, ive got too far but im really not enjoying this section at all. Fucking shame cos despite the difficulty i've really enjoyed the battle up to this point.

The idea of the game appeals to me a lot but I don't have the gaming time or certainly not the patience to be doing bits over and over again because a game is unforgivingly punishing. Awesome thread to read through, one of my favourites on the forum however.

Fed a big serpent thing some shit pies in exchange for souls last night. He fucking loves 'em laugh.gif

My one wish was that the co-op was better implemented in this. Well, not even that really, even if the game had dedicated servers like Demon's Souls it'd be an improvement as there would be more summon signs littered about. In Demon's Souls' heyday you couldn't move for messages, shadows of other players and summon requests. I know the sense of isolation was intended but having proper co-op where you can choose friends to summon in would've elevated the experience rather than hindered it.

I can't see them ever patching it in, despite the community being up in arms about the state of online play, as they never fixed hardly anything in Demon's Souls. Fingers crossed though.

Found an excellent farming spot for Humanity last night.

First make sure you're in human form and have some humanity already. The higher your humanity meter the quicker you can farm as it increases your item drop rate.You can still do this without, it'll just take a bit longer. The rats have a chance to drop humanity in item form and there's a big bunch of them right next to a bonfire in the sewers.

Leave the first bonfire in the sewers, killing the torch wielding dude as you pass so he doesn't give chase and ruin your day. Turn right down the stairs, continue forwards down another set and you should see a bunch of rats to your right. Kill these and pick up any drops. Turn around and follow the corridor along watching out for the rat in a box as you approach the corner. Keep following the corridor round and drop down to find another four rats to kill. Run back to the bonfire then rinse and repeat.

Whilst they're a somewhat rare drop, I managed to collect about 10 humanity (humanities?? huh.gif) in the space of just under an hour, not to mention a good chunk of souls to boot. Bit of a boring process but the rats dies quickly and it's always good to hold back a few humanity in your inventory just in case.

I've started this now, went with the knight class. I've played for just shy of 3 hours and died twice. One of them was a fair enough, you caught me unaware, but the other was a whoa wtf affair. These two skeletal dudes rose up and I was doing fuck all damage to them. I worked out that if I hit them with a heavy attack I could buy some time to be aggressive on the other bonefaced cunt. I managed to smash fuck out of one, so then it was just the waiting game waiting for the final skeleton to open up and take a blade to the ribs. I had it down to a sliver of health and boom, full healthbar gone as it basically executed me by thrusting its blade up under my jaw straight out the top of my head. No warning or fuck all. When I've levelled up a bit I'm going to go back down there and teach that cunt a lesson. In pain. Bastard.

I've managed to upgrade my sword to an axe, and I can duel wield axes. I'm not sure it's much better than having the shield on tbh though, I've tested it on enemies and the damage output doesn't seem to be that high unless you are hitting them with the hard blows. If you have played this game you know that the hard blows aren't exactly something you can pull off over and over. Fights are more like tactical jabbing and then going in for a flourish when you see an opening. I'd rather have the shield and stay safe rather than occasionally have the ability to cause big damage.

On a side note, is anyone playing in 5.1? The sound is incredible, it feels like I'm physically wearing the armour as it clunks and clicks as I navigate the level. It's brilliant.

EDIT: The no party chat while playing is an utter bollocks decision. I cannot understand their reasoning behind that. I think it's a redundant idea that should be saved for game modes where once you are removed from the playing field and can see other players is more suitable to it implementation. It's totally out of place here.

There's no party chat but you can initiate a private chat with someone. Which is weird they'd allow one and not the other. When i've joined games they've requested chats and it's worked. Bit weird just chatting to strangers but you're both focused on the task so it doesn't matter really.

Completed Sen's Fortress like a boss. Human form all the way and no deaths, including kicking the bosses ass. BOOM. Felt awesome when that cunt went down. Upgraded my main weapons so they kick even more demon ass now.

The next part was... ohmy.gif Just wow.

Found a lightning spear which is wiping the floor with almost everything prior to where I am now. Also found a Divine Sword so I can finally bust up ghosts and those Skelly's in the graveyard once and for all. This one's for you Sly!

This game just gets better and better, it's just so fucking rewarding. I've put almost 40 hours in and it still keeps on giving!

Dude, your an inspiration (to a WHOLEHOLE generation/And unless you got 10 SSsssticky Fingers/Its straight immitation/A figment, of your imagination/But but but but wait it gets worse/I'm not watered down so I'm dyin of thirst/Comin thru with a scam/foolproof planB/boys make some noise/ and just, JUST SLAM)

I'm not even going to bother with spoilers tbh, if people are going to play the game and want surprising they'll be avoiding the thread (like I was skimming it) or they'll be reading everything. Everyone else is just a spectator and isn't bothered about stuff being spoiled.

So I've beat the Taurus boss. Ended up dying a fair few times, but I figured a way to kill him pretty easy. I did work out on his ankles because I couldn't be bothered risking going up the ladder again for the bit of HP he had. I then died numerous times with that fucking red dragon cunt. I couldn't work out the pattern he was attacking on and of course ended up trekking back to that bridge at least 5 times. I got a lucky break and managed to get under the bridge, only for the two fucking pikemen to come down and royally fuck me up. After that I managed to get to the place I was and drop the shortcut. I then got fucked up by some rats. Well, the poison killed me anyway. The rats themself are not all that troublesome, but the poison will kill you, it's very much a case of delaying the inevitable once you are poisoned.

I was shooting the tail of that red fucker just to piss him off, but the guy I had in chat at the time (LH Sabre) said that it dropped a awesome sword. I spent like 70 odd arrows and got nothing. I'm not sure what the deal is there.

For all it's a difficult game, I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot. The satisfaction of discovering combos with various weapons is satisfying, especially when you fuck up mobs that were previously giving you trouble, swapping between weapons to give you an advantage against certain enemies in certain conditions seems to be the way forward. I think I'm going to have to grind a bit to get any further though, those fucking rats messed me up with their poison, and that big knight under the fire throwing fuckers schooled me after me initially kicking him all over. There's also a big fat cunt at the bottom of the tower that needs sorting out, I saw him and just ran back to the bonfire as I knew I wouldn't be able to beat him. Luckily he stopped pursuit. He's probably scared of what I'm going to do to him later on in the game once I'm all macho'd out.