passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Virgin TiVo

Manicm

Anyone use this?? just wondered as ive just signed up as firstly i wanted some extra tele channels and sky sports and Virgin have offered me free sky sports for 6 months and XL tv for half price for 6 months so thought why not, im paying £23 a month for broadband so and extra £13 gets me tv as well.

Have i signed up to a dead duck?? or is it any good??

I can't have sky due to no BT phone line and BT want over £200!! to fit a line, which is odd as i have a BT socket in the flat! damn BT

I've not used the tivo stuff but Virgin TV and broadband are awesome, free HD too

I used to have Virgin Broadband, phone and TV, but I switched to Sky, as I was getting pissed off with the Yo-yo bills I was getting from Virgon. Low one month and then high the next. They never did tell me why it was like that. I got a deal from Sky, where they paid for my BT line installation.

On the subject of Sky broadband, I have to say I really like their service. It's never capped, and never slows down, like Virgin can (fair usage policy). And I'm lucky enough to live near the exchange box, so I get 19.5 meg on my "up to 20 meg" connection.

I must be lucky with Virgin as im close to the junction as well, so tend to get full 20mb, bills have been the same for the last 4 years, but i have only had the internet till now, so will have to see how things go, i get tivo the day after GOW3!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well got the TiVo box fitted today, and first impressions its a nice bit of kit, the menu's are quicker than my generic PVR i have for freeview, options on it are better and execute well.

So far recording is good and pause live tele etc.. all works well.

Just one drawback no HD for me, my TV refuses to Handshake HDMI wise with the TiVo so im stuck with a scart input, my PS3 refused after a few months to connect and now this, need to find a way to update samsung software, or even at some point buy a new tele.