passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shin Megami Tensei / Persona News

HandsomeDead

• 2 weeks later...

not technically a Persona game, but Shin Megami Tensai Devil Survivor 2 is currently not coming out over here. It's a DS game so you could just import it, but Ghostlight, publishers of these games, is looking to get 1,800 people to preorder it from their website, that way it will cover the cost of manufacture and they can release it

Hi everyone. First off, I just wanted to thank you all for your support and comments this past week. We value all of your opinions and whilst we of course appreciate your positive support, we also understand and share your frustrations regarding the difficulties we’ve faced in releasing Devil Survivor 2 in the PAL region. Well, the moment of truth has arrived and pre-orders for the title are now live. As I said last week, we’re making DS2 available across two deals and we hope that you’re ready to help us reach our minimum order quantity in order to release this excellent SRPG. We’ll have some images of what we’re loosely referring to as the “Gold Edition” of DS2 very soon, but in the meantime, here are the (slightly updated) details :):

Standalone Release

Devil Survivor 2 (DS)

This special edition will be factory sealed and include an exclusive A4 folded poster featuring the cover art. Anyone pre-ordering the game will have the option to include their name in the manual and also as a bonus, pre-ordered units will feature a special gold coloured Devil Survivor logo on the inlay.

Pre-Order price £24.99/€29.99

The game will be available to all PAL territories.

Devil Survivor Bundle

Devil Survivor 2 (DS) & Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) with a £10.00 discount!

You'll receive Devil Survivor 2 as above and both games will be factory sealed. As with Option 1, anyone pre-ordering the bundle will have the option to include their name in the DS2 manual.

Pre-Order price £49.98/€59.98 (usual price £59.98/€69.98)

http://www.ghostlight.uk.com/games/nintendo-ds/devil-survivor-2.html

the site is getting hammered at the minute so it will probably hit that target. I'm tempted but there's other games I want, and I already have enough rpgs unfinished on the DS (could be a rare rare game though)

what's interesting is that only 1,800 sales are needed. I'm not usually that interested in sales numbers, but it would be interesting to look at what it takes for a niche rpg to be worthwhile releasing

• 2 weeks later...

More Persona Arena on the Way!

Fine fighting game Persona 4 Arena is to get a sequel, Japanese mega-mag Famitsu has blurted (via Polygon, Shoryuken).

The do-no-wrong developer Arc System Works is naturally behind it, and is bringing two new fighters to the fore: Yukari Takeba and Junpei Iori.

Takeba is fast and armed with a bow and jumps around a lot - a technical description if ever I've read one. Iori is more of a brute, armed with a bat, and apparently has a baseball-style combo buff thing going on.

The new game lets you select either Normal or Shadow types of fighter. Normal grants Bursts whereas Shadow enables Shadow Rage, an ability that temporary allows unlimited use of SP Skills, Skill Boosts, etc for mega combos. How very offensive.

Existing characters are getting new moves and skills, and there are some tweaks to the fighting systems such as charged special moves.

Persona 4 Arena hit PS3 and 360 here in May. "In fighting game terms," wrote our expert Matt Edwards, "I'd have to describe it as the midnight carnival meets the midnight channel for some midnight bliss."

It seems more like a Super Persona 4 Arena than a full on sequel. The current one is on my large 'to get' list and it has kinda dropped off now. I think I'll wait for this update as Yukari and Junpei are two really appealing additions, to me.

• 3 months later...

Announcement of Persona 4 Vol. 2 incoming?!

The next Persona game might not be Persona 5, but a sequel to Persona 4.

Karen Strassman, the voice actress for Nanako Dojima in Persona 4, has listed “Persona 4, Vol. 2″ and “Golden 2 Persona 4″ on her online resume.

Strassman has separate entries for Persona 4 Arena, so “Persona 4, Vol. 2″ couldn’t be referring to that.

A new Persona is expected to be revealed this Sunday, November 24. Or, at least, we couldn’t think of anything else that teaser site might be for.

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-4-voice-actress-lists-persona-4-vol-2-on-resume

Atlus have confirmed that that teaser site is counting down to a "big Persona announcement":

Atlus has launched a Nico Nico live stream page for its upcoming announcement this Sunday, which an update on the p-ch.jp teaser site tonight confirms will be a “big Persona announcement.”

The stream will kick off ahead of the Sunday reveal this Thursday, November 21, from 20:00 Japan time, with a 72 hour countdown leading up to the announcement.

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/atlus-confirms-big-persona-announcement-for-sunday

Fingers crossed. :)

Persona 5!!! Has still not been announced. Instead the big announcement was for a sequel to the fighting game we already knew about and a Vita dancing game

there may have been a 3DS thing announced too, I've seen something mentioned but the gaf thread is impossible to follow at the minute and I missed the start of the stream

edit: Persona 5 winter 2014 for PS3. Hopefully they translate as they go along so we aren't waiting too long, but eitherway it's pretty much nailed on that there'll port it to something else at some point

Link to the 3DS game http://kotaku.com/the-3ds-is-getting-a-new-persona-game-it-looks-differe-1470582779

I can't really tell from the pictures, but it looks more traditional Shin Megami with the way you're facing the enemy, although judging by the graphics it's not going to be as hard

Famistu Magazine did an interview with Sega-Sammy COO Naoya Tsurumi. In the interview he said Atlus are free to develop new games for dormant Sega IP's, but the big news and the reason I'm posting this in the Shin Megami Tensei thread is simalar to Relic or Creative Assembly, Sega will be the publisher of Atlus titles. So their is hope the the new Persona games will get a North American and European release.

Famitsu: What will happen to the Atlus brand?

Naoya Tsurumi: As a new company, we will venture together, with Index working as an independent company. The plan is to have Atlus and Sega continue shining as brands, while aiming to increase their degree of independence.

Similar to the studio we’ve acquired from overseas [note: presumably Relic], they’ll continue managing their own brands and IPs, and making them bigger. Then, Sega will be the ones to sell them. So, think of it as us telling them “Continue working on your own IPs with pride and confidence—the sky is the limit.”

Famitsu: Atlus just announced the latest of the Persona installment. The timing of the announcement must have made fans feel reassured.

Naoya Tsurumi: Having the fans feel uneasy is the worst thing we could do. Above all, I’d like to make sure that the fans feel a sense of reassurance. If we were to lose fans, then all would be for nothing. Making fans and the employees of Index happy is what I believe will be our best return [for the company], and we’ll do our best to keep that up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good news you guys in the U.K. might see SMT: Digital Devil Saga I & II on PSN.

U.K. publisher
Ghostlight
have posted another update regarding the
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
games on their official blog. Ghostlight’s Ross Brierley writes:

Moving on to
SMT: Digital Devil Saga I
and
II
for PSN – if you remember last week I mentioned we were looking into these titles again following the recent release of
SMT: Nocturne
on the North American PSN Store. Well, earlier today I learned that following some discussions with Sony, they are investigating whether the two
Digital Devil Saga
titles will work with the latest version of the PS2 emulator.

This process is likely to take a few weeks but we’re keeping our fingers crossed in the hope that all goes well. Whatever happens, I’ll be sure to let you all know as soon as I hear anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Digitial Devil Saga out this week on PSN. Something for you Vita fuckers to fiddle with.

Ghostlight is summoning Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga to the PlayStation Network in Europe this week, the British publisher has announced.

The Atlus-developed RPG initially arrived on European shores in 2006 for PS2. Ghostlight announced plans for a digital re-release back in 2012. And now, two years later, it's finally happening! Digital Devil Saga will be available for PS3 starting June 4 for £6.49. Yay!

http://www.destructoid.com/shin-megami-tensei-digital-devil-saga-hits-psn-in-europe-this-week-275757.phtml

• 2 weeks later...
Shin Megami Tensei IV has finally been given a release window in Europe. The game will be available in Europe in Q3 of 2014.

Additionally, Nintendo of Europe have also announced that NIS America will release Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth in 2014 in Europe.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/shin-megami-tensei-iv-reaches-europe-q3-persona-q-2014/

500px-GoodNewsEveryone.jpg