passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

3DS News Thread

Manicm

• 2 months later...

So the 3ds, how long before Nintendo retire the model and will there be a replacement?

Its difficult with Nintendo to look in a crystal ball as they can be diverse and different but surely the 3ds has ran its course...

With the vita gradually disappearing will this be the end of handheld gaming? And the eventual move to a better gaming platform on phones? There certainly powerful enough.

Will Nintendo release a switch lite? This has been rumoured one with a smaller screen and the controllers stay fixed, would that be a good way to keep the handheld market?

The switch is great, but I wouldn’t risk it on the bus or taking it abroad on holiday. I’ve took it to Wales and Scotland but on a flight through X-rays and hand luggage I’m not sure I would want to risk such an expensive console..

Does anyone feel the 3ds has longer to live? Yes we have a few games coming but will this be retired this year?

I think the 3DS is more or less done.

If I was Sony or Microsoft I would release a controller you slot your phone into and sell your games on the respective Android or iOS stores that may only run if it detects you have the controller plugged in.

I think it would be a brave company to release a new handheld right now.

There are a few games still coming. Apparently Nintendo have said they're doing Direct focusing more on the 3DS in the next few weeks

Here's what I found as confirmed coming out, I'm sure there's some stuff missing too, and remember we've had a Shin Megami port, Detective Pickachu, and that Radiant Historia port, plus a few other rpgs

Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s JourneyNintendo 3DS

Nintendo

NR

TBA 2019

Shovel Knight: King of CardsNintendo 3DS

Yacht Club Games

NR

TBA 2018

The Unlikely Legend of Rusty PupNintendo 3DS

Gory Detail

NR

TBA 2018

Treasurenauts Nintendo 3DS

Atooi

NR

TBA 2018

Shakedown Hawaii Nintendo 3DS

Vblank Entertainment Inc.

NR

TBA 2017

Luigi's Mansion Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo

NR

TBA 2018

Etrian Odyssey X Nintendo 3DS

Atlus

NR

TBA 2018

Sushi Striker: The Way of SushidoNintendo 3DS

Nintendo

NR

TBA 2018

Wario Ware Gold Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo

NR

August 3, 2018

Captain Toad: Treasure TrackerNintendo 3DS

Nintendo

NR

July 13, 2018

I didn’t notice till yesterday that there’s no 3ds consoles on the Nintendo shop just the 2ds and there’s one animal crossing 3ds buried away in the shop that’s it.

I knew it had some games coming up, might pop to cex and get the professor Layton games for my flights next week.

Yeah, it's not exactly fill to the brim with games, and the Vita probably has as many, but there's some decent stuff coming 

I've noticed that it's rare you get games making use of the 3d nowadays, maybe the 2ds is the only one that does any numbers now 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

There's one or two people that might care about this, there's a new 3DS game coming, as in a commercial physical game.

It's Andro Dunos 2, a sequel to an old Neo Geo shoot em up. You can get it in different regions, I've put the link to the EU version below, and it comes out in September, limited to 5,000 copies

https://www.pixelheart.eu/produit/andro-dunos-2-3ds-eur/#description

There's also a Dreamcast version coming, limited to 3000 copies, and a Dreamcast port of the original game, which is tempting, but I can't really be buying Neo Geo games on Dreamcast, particularly when there's games on that system I actually want to play but can't quite justify buying

I might pick up that 3DS version. New Dreamcast games isn't as exciting anymore, particularly in how easy it is to produce them. I mean it's still extremely cool that people make games for it, but 3DS being cartridge-based (and a Nintendo system) is another matter entirely.