passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

3DS News Thread

Manicm

yeah I was just reading this on eurogamer, I'm not convinced. The analogue stick add on maybe, although I'm not sure it would get enough support (you'd still have to develop as though it wasn't there anyway), and the rest of it just seems like panic.

Even if things dont pick up as they'd hope Nintendo would still be better off sticking with the 3DS as it is and throwing support at it, rather than dumping it and ensuring millions of people dont buy their next console

urgh, the 3ds just doesnt appeal at, even if it was as slim as a credit card & came with augmented reality glasses. i will not buy the same nintendo games again & again.

(plus im still quietly hoping that the vita will not be fucked up by sony).

my main problem with handhelds these days is i dont want to play an inferior version of a console videogame on a tiny screen, which with the sony handhelds is a particular problem

i would love to play however, a certain super sweet 3d remake of one of the best games ever made

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the 2nd analogue stick is happening, but is for Monster Hunter Tri which is launching in Japan at the end of the year.

1882524-391680324_super.jpg

If they bundle it with the game then that's not too bad, but the thing looks massive, the 3DS looks like a gamegear

The problem with them forcing it is that developers will have to assume people dont have it, so you'll end up with a situation where it's unneeded or only used by a handful of games

nintendo i think, the reports are that it will be available separately, which I think is a mistake. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out it was a 3rd party thing and everyone's getting worked up over nothing. I really do think a redesign would kill the 3ds, they've done their best to give it the worst possible start as it is

unless the plan for this is to make it like the WiiU controller with compatibility between the two, then they need to pitch it as that when they launch the 2nd stick

Bringing something like that out now, after it hasn't been out a year, it does look like they rushed the thing out to market.

I'll buy one when there's something I want to play on it, if it means waiting for a better designed system then that's that really.

It seems the 2nd analogue stick is happening, but is for Monster Hunter Tri which is launching in Japan at the end of the year.

1882524-391680324_super.jpg

If they bundle it with the game then that's not too bad, but the thing looks massive, the 3DS looks like a gamegear

The problem with them forcing it is that developers will have to assume people dont have it, so you'll end up with a situation where it's unneeded or only used by a handful of games

That looks ridiculous!

The analogue stick add-on for the 3DS will be supported by:

Monster Hunter

Resident Evil Revelations

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater

Kingdom Hearts

Shin Sangoku Musou Versus

It's apparently about $20 and requires 1 x AAA battery to work and games that are compatible with it will have this icon: icon_accessories04.gif

The mysterious downloadable DS version of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords will have an entirely new single-player mode, Nintendo announced today.

Until now, all we knew about Four Swords was that it's an updated version of the four-player adventure that originally sat alongside A Link to the Past on the Game Boy Advance - except this time we can play through it without those ancient and troublesome Link Cables. New stages and abilities will unlock once the main quest is done.

You can download Four Swords on DS, DSi or from the 3DS eShop from the 28th September until the 20th February next year

ign

Official pic of the circle pad add-on thing.

3cbfd358b828a4088e360f631825d891.jpg

A bunch of info taken from rllmuk forums.

Wii:

Skyward Sword has taken 5 years to make, 100 staff involved.

Japanese Wii release dates:

Dragon Quest I-III collection - September 15

Just Dance Wii - October 13

Go vacation - October 20

Kirby Wii - October 27

Taiko no Tatsujin - November 23

Skyward Sword - November 23

Itadaki Street - December 1

Mario & Sonic at London Olympics - December 8

Graphs

Wii and DS Audience split 50/50 between Male and Female

3DS audience split 55% Male 45% Female

3DS

Pink 3DS for Japan in October

mistypink530px.jpg

Firmware update to add 3d video playback, new shop (or new features), new Mii Plaza (with new spot pass games?)

28 3D videos from conference to be uploaded onto store (probably Japan only?)

Production IG, Studio 4C and Shaft making 3d Kid Icarus Anime shorts for 3DS. Worldwide release for free

Announced:

Mario Tennis - 2012, has gyro support

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai - March 2012, Nenderoid style (Sega)

Culdcept - 2012 (Omiya Soft developed, Nintendo published)

Culchuopit (soccer sim)- 2012

Ace Combat 3d - Winter 2011(Namco Bandai)

Tekken 3D - Winter 2011 (Namco Bandai)

Dynasty Warriors Vs - 4 player support.

Girls RPG - this year (Level 5)

SD Gundam G Genration 3D, December 22 (Level 5)

Bravely Default :Fairys Tail - Square Enix RPG with Akihiko Yoshida character designs and AR features

Fire Emblem - Spring 2012, not a remake, has co-op mode

MONSTER HUNTER 4 for 3ds! - No date or details announced

Previously announced and now Dated/confirmed:

Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 - November 2

New Love Plus - December 8th

Monster Hunter Tri-G - December 10

Theatrythm Final Fantasy - Winter 2011

Snake Eater - Winter 2011

Kid Icarus - Jan 2012

Resident Evil Revelations - 2012

Mario & Sonic at London Olympics - 2012

Animal Crossing - 2012

Mario Tennis. :)

You can watch the whole conference here.

i'm not too happy about this circle pad add-on, wonder if future 3ds's will have 2 pads as default? or they'll stick to 1 + add ons? and the battery requirement just makes it worse, AAA's are pants. oh well. this sounds cool anyway:

Production IG, Studio 4C and Shaft making 3d Kid Icarus Anime shorts for 3DS. Worldwide release for free

Mario Tennis. :)

Yea, im holding out for a GBC/GBA style RPG version - both of those for Golf and Tennis ruled. I doubt we'll get that lucky though.

I curse myself for getting sucked in to the hype. I was adam ant that i wasnt getting a 3DS then BOOM, i got one. Stinking pawn of the media.

Nub News.

Mum was the word from Nintendo on the growing nightmare known as Nubageddon at their 3DS press event today. But those observant folks over at Andriasang noted an update to Big N's hardware site containing juicy info on the peripheral.

The "Slide Pad" will require a single "AAA" battery to function and will only work with compatible games. Titles currently confirmed to be compatible with the Slide Pad include Monster Hunter 3G, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble, Dynasty Warriors VS and Kingdom Hearts 3D. The peripheral is listed at a price of 1,500¥ (roughly $20 US), which sounds pretty reasonable considering I don't expect more than two dozen games will use it without a hardware revision to the 3DS to force the issue.

I was waiting for a new 3DS but $20 (say £15) isn't a massive ask, I'm not even sure I'd buy one but if I were then I think I could part with that.. maybe even wait for a sale or a nicely priced bundle.