passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Xenoblade Chronicles

Jimboxy

Mine turned up today :) I immediately turned the sleeve and it's lovely. Only two hours in (obviously barely anything) but I have to say it's better than I was expecting. The world is large but not bare. There is plenty to find and monsters to grind with. The voice acting is.. It's ok.. It's kinda nice to hear different british dialects at least. I imagine americans usually notice differences in most games with american actors too but as a brit you all sound the same :P

There's an overwhelming amount of things to see, do and collect. I can imagine the side missions alone will take me to the Wii U launch. For someone not used to playing or liking this kind of rpg it can be dizzying but the ease of the fighting system keeps me happy to stroll along at my own amateurs pace.

Over 7 hours in and I really enjoying it. Well, I enjoy it most of the time, it's hella whimsy and the dudes are kinda growing on me; it's throwing in some really interesting game mechanics, too. But I will say this; I don't have a fucking clue what's going on in some of the big fights.. not a fucking clue.

I am really enjoying it too, the voices are a nice change and it mostly looks great. Like Lakitu said, it throws a lot if info at you to start with, but so far there is no real urgency to the story, you are pretty much left to explore a bit before progressing.

Is anyone else dieing a lot? Maybe I've not quite got the battle system sussed.

I've got my white mage equivalent now and I'm not dieing as much. I upgraded my healing skill a bit as well which helped.

That was until I was murdering some ponies for their neck meat when this huge red fucker just wandered over and wiped out my entire party with one hit!

I've seen that guy, but I noticed he was over level 80 while I was about level 15 at the time so left him well alone. His time will come eventually.

It's good the game is lenient when it comes to death because it really isn't afraid to pepper in some real high level beasties amongst the grunts.

Actually played it lots today. Just got past

my girlfriends death. It was annoying as id just picked up some swimming costumes and was looking forward to seeing her in them

. The gem mixing thing, I'm never going to understand that. I hope it doesn't matter. I just seem to look for blue numbers and avoid equipping red numbers :S

Are you manually filling your collectipedia? I thought it would do it automatically but you need to manually go in and select items to put in - you do get some equipment add-ons for your efforts so it is worth it.

I've not pushed the story on for a while, I have a bridge to cross but I am concentrating on completing all the missions before I go on. There are some with a clock beside their name so I am guessing I need to complete them before progressing or I will lose them.

I was too lazy to get my classic controller pro out at first but now I have and have I've never looked back. It's far FAR better than remote and nun chuck.

I'm 10hrs in now and I just got onto the thingies leg. My jaw dropped. It's one huge area without load times, countless enemies of many variaties. One of which is around 100ft tall and level 80. I stayed clear of that thing. This is amazing and worth the wait.

Got this today and played for a couple of hours this evening. Have to say i'm not really feeling it so far. The voices are pretty jarring, almost bordering on comical. It's like all the voice actors are doing shite impressions of british accents. Gameplay is okay, nothing special as yet, although it's nice to see a game incorporate a threat/aggro mechanic for once, kinda comforting for my WoW addled mind.

I'm hoping this picks up in the next couple of hours play otherwise it's going on the same pile Duke Nukem and LA Noire are currently occupying :(

If the voices are bothering you there is an option to use the Japanese VO with subtitles. The game drip feeds the gameplay mechanics; you're still a bit away from seeing some of the more basic mechanics.

I'm in a swamp now which looks amazing at night. Loving it myself. Not that it's much coming from me as I've played bugger all released this year but for what it's worth it's my GotY so far.

A japanese VO... wow. That's quite a surprise. Will have to turn that on next time I play, should improve the cutscenes and crazy battle phrases somewhat.

I'm going to press on with it for a while longer as the vision Shulk had when he picked up the Monado (seriously, who comes up with this shit? :D ) looked quite interesting.

scuse the double post.

beat that monster, then got a quest to kill it (as far as I can tell, seems to be the same place) which I can't do because its dead.

Which brings me to the problem I'm having, the map and quests are horrible. I got a quest to kill 2 rabbits outside the commercial district, I think I know where that is, and I know what the rabbits are, but the quest isn't activating. I think all it needs is the ! to appear in the world when its within sight, or simply the pointer to change to the quest once you select it

I'm having trouble with one of those quests. Not with that monster, but with a different one. I think it's best to leave any named/unique monster until you know you have a quest to kill it. They're mostly passive anyway so have no reason to take them on.

And there are different varieties of Bunnits; you're maybe not killing the right ones.

The unique monsters will return eventually. I did the same and after a few sessions he came back.

You don't get a pointer to missions but you should get a message flash up that you have killed a mission monster.