passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam has a sale.

Sly Reflex

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't buy much this year. I got Elite Dangerous, and had a bit of a chat with Sly via Steam messenger about it. It's a steep learning curve, but I feel I can get into it.

I also got most of the Prince of Persia games. I have the original Sands trilogy on physical disc, but my latest incarnation of gaming pc doesn't have a disc drive. That, and the discs used Securom copy protection that I hated. I've found with a few mods found online I can play the Sands trilogy in 1080p, and mapped to the Xbox gamepad for input. It doesn't look too bad, but it's clear they're old games. I've nearly completed Forgotten Sands, and had a load of fun with it. It has some graphical issues at max resolution, but plays fine. It's my second play through. I have it on my Xbox account, but it's not backwards compatible yet.

I also picked up Dirt Rally, Empirion: Galactic Survival, and Warshift. All cheap. 

18 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

I've got my badge, so if anyone needs swaps I've got The World is Grim Enough, Cry Havoc, Whooooaaaa Dude, and Even Better Than I Expected for trade

Oh, I just need Cry Havoc. I'll send you a trade request later!

• 5 months later...
  • Hendo pinned this topic
  • 11 months later...

I think it's decent, there's a lot more newer, good stuff on sale this time it seems like. Depends of you've been buying regularly or not as you said. I picked up all witcher stuff for a tenner, and throne breaker for a tenner, got pathfinder kingmaker for 11 quid and then Rust for 6.50 so for around 40 quid got some pretty solid games that should keep me going for the rest of the year if I mix them in well with Apex and PUBG. 

Picked up 428 Shibuya Scramble and Nostalgic Train. 70% off Shibuya Scramble which is an expensive game.

Some decent discounts on other games on my wishlist so I might pick up more before the sale is out.

Not exactly Steam sale, but i just bought the Atari Vault for like £2.50 on Fanatical. Wow, I've forgotten how hard some of those old games are. ITt's about 25 classic Atari cabinet games, and a fuck-ton of old 2600 games. It goes well with my Megadrive vault.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a couple of things in the sale in the end. Sticks and Bones I had forgotten the sale was on when I went to buy it, then Spark the Electric Jester 2 because it had an extra price drop because I've got the first game

Anyway, the point of this, the Steam sale race thing they had this time, needlessly confusing. It turns out, and I found this out on the final day, that it was potentially quite good. There was achievements for things, the usual stuff like leaving a review or watching a broadcast, there's some involving specific games, including some games that were free for the week. And of course you could spend money buying stuff

Doing all that gets you points, I somehow ended up with about 14,000 all told, and that was without getting round to playing Divinity 2 which I was going to do yesterday (there was points for doing a particular move in game). It turns out that for 15,000 points you could get an extra £5 off any purchase during the sale. Why Valve didn't make that clear from the start who knows, because it wasn't hard to get that amount of points seemingly, I spent about £10 all told and only accidentally did the general store achievements

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On my steam store homepage, it is recommending me a sale for an anime game about gangbangs by the looks of things. It's right up front in the 'popular new releases' section

Don't get why tho. I think they saw Melty Blood and saw that I had a VR headset and made some very unsavoury (and extremely inaccurate) presumptions

Anyway, you certainly don't get this on consoles.

For a good example of a game massively improved by its PC version, RDRII is worth a look at