passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam has a sale.

Sly Reflex

Bought some nice things. L4D and L4D2 for £5.24, Cave Story+ for £1.74 and also The Walking Dead season pass for £12 last night. Some nice person I know also gifted me a copy of Trine 2 :) Was going to buy Dear Esther as well but already played it a few times and didn't think I'd get any more mileage out of it.

Hoping that Portal 2 goes back down again, missed it the first time and would like to get it on the Mac for the user created maps.

I noticed Hitman Blood Money (and the Hitman Collection) dropped significantly in price yesterday (from the already reduced price I bought it at on Saturday).

In this case it only amounted to a few pounds difference, but Valve seem to be fucking about with prices a lot this sale. It could be frustrating if that keeps happening.

I guess the moral of the story is buy at a price you're happy with and then stay away from steam for the next couple of days, or only buy stuff at 75% off.

steam sale rules - only buy stuff from the daily/special flash deals, untill the last day - then buy whatever else you wanted from the regular sale. as the regular sale stuff often has a special deal at some point during the sale.

Okay, just logged on and there's a hell of a bundle deal on Steam.

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack:

GTA

GTA 2

GTA 3

GTA: Vice City

GTA: San Andreas

GTA IV

GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City

£4.99

Ummmm, don't worry about permission, just take my damn money already. Thank you.

It's a good job you mentioned that floyd, juuuust caught the Portal 2 flash sale I'd been waiting for, completely forgot to check it earlier. Managed to buy it for £3.74 with 13 mins to go. Looking forward to messing around with the Perpetual Testing Initiative stuff later on.

• 4 months later...

I'm pre-empting the steam sale by bumping up[this and asking what people are going to be on the lookout for.

I'm wanting some cheapo FTL and Torchlight 2. I want some city building game too similar to Sim City, although I wont buy if it has negative hubbub about it.

What are you guys looking for in the sales? Is there any recommendations we should be passing about?

it's supposed to start tomorrow, I think the autumn sale might have killed it for me a bit, there's very little I need/want

I wouldn't mind Need for Speed, maybe FTL. Rage was dirt cheap last time, people should give that a chance (I think it was a fiver), the Ys games, Binary Domain (I might rebuy it myself actually), and that game... what was it... Dave something... DEAR ESTHER

The GOG sale has been really good so far, picked up La Mulana today. FTL is only $5 on GOG at the moment btw.

Hoping to see a big discount on Torchlight 2...some other indies would be nice too. Miasmata and Waking Mars are brand new so probably unlikely. But they might slash the prices of Mark of the Ninja, Retro City Rampage and Thomas Was Alone.

A big discount on The Book of Unwritten Tales would also be welcomed...

I'd skip Fable 3 unless you really really like Fable. They went a bit far on the dumbing down. It does have some of the finest voice work in it I've seen in a game though.

Borderlands 2 is a no brainer if you like loot-em-ups. It's even better if you can take someone with you for the ride.

• Hendo pinned this topic