Sign in to follow this  
Hendo

Disc Drivin' Tournament

Anyone fancy having organised games?

Either a proper organised tourney league or specific game rules, like only bombs used, etc.?

To my memory the following people have this:

stoobie

wildejon

mr lakitu

jimbo

Hendo

RetroEd

Might need another couple of people or just do a 4 man stab with me, Jon, Stoobie and Jimbo as I don't think Mark and Ed are playing anymore.

I'm in. I have loads of games of this and Words with Friends on the go. I'm a big fan of the take turn whenever idea. Pity I am shit at chess or I would be doing that as well.

You guys are going down :)

I will need to free up some space as I already have 20 games on the go!

Might need another couple of people or just do a 4 man stab with me, Jon, Stoobie and Jimbo as I don't think Mark and Ed are playing anymore.

Yeah, I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped I would. :(

Well that's 4 unless anyone else wants in?

Any interest on having rules, like certain items only, no items, certain maps, etc ?

I reckon that is a good idea, maybe pick a couple of maps only? Or at least have each round on set courses so its fair. Seems to me that who starts wins usually...

like certain items only

I didnt realise there was more than one item - i've just been using speed boost so far. How do you get the others?

Oh man, you're going to kick yourself!

See that icon on the bottom left of the screen....?

To make things go quicker and easier, rather than doing several two man races, how about a few 4 man races with each person taking a turn to start it to make things fair?

Each person chooses their map and invites the others. Still not sure what to do with items - leave it open as the game is or have a "no item" rule? Might be just easier to go with how it comes and let the bombing mayhem commence.

lol :)

Took me a while too, but still, lol.

Hendo: Your idea of 4 man races sounds great to me, far more competitive when others are in the way too, bring it!

Ok, I'll go first.

I'm choosing Jump Start (the first course), anything goes.

4 points for a win, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, 1 for last.

Can't start yet as Jon as 20 races on the go. :(

Standings:

P    Name              Rnds  Wins  Points
-    Hendo             0     0     0
-    mrlakitu          0     0     0
-    stoobie           0     0     0
-    wildejon          0     0     0

No way, do I?!

It's a pain as everytime I finish one people opt for a re-match! I know a couple of the guys and I'll ask them not to start another.

Actually, I could resign... when do you want to start?

First game is underway, waiting on Mark to have his go.

Also, Jimbo and Ed need to boot up their games again to resign their current games as I can't quit out of them unless it's my go!

When you have turns to take does your Disc Drivin icon show it with the red numbers?

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I check often anyway but it should pop up all the time when it's your go.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I check often anyway but it should pop up all the time when it's your go.

Yeah, I get the pop up message, but I wondered if I had missed a setting somewhere that shows the numbers. Mine never shows them - and it annoys me more than it should.

It should show the numbers straight away, but it seems like it only shows the numbers if you go into the game and exit before you've cleared all your new games.

Can't believe it's taken this long to nearly finish the first round, I blame Mark.

When it's finished, Mark start the next one up, random track or your choice.