passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

Sly Reflex

So yeah, I'm impressed after initially been disappointed with the consumer units. It feels like a sturdy piece of kit and the GUI is very nice. Might take it to the streets when I'm in the city and see if anyone else is doing the sleep mode thing. I have no idea if anyone will be carrying them around but the least you can do is try.

We need to get some multiplayer games going to see how much of a fuck about it is. Friend codes might be a pain in the arse, but who knows, playing online might be piss ball.

So far so fucking good. After initially being underwhelmed with the logo 3D i soon changed my mind when i got past the initial setup. The 3D is really impressive, you have to see it for yourself, it cant really be described.

Anyways, im not regretting my purchase one bit, its got amazing potential.

Short but sweet, ive got games to play on this bad boy.

Yeah, I think the 1st bit you notice the 3D really sink into the screen is when it allows you to rotate your Mii.

Speaking of which, how the hell do you send your Mii's to others? I tried to work out how to send one to Hinn and couldn't fathom that shit out. I cannot even see where you can send messages.

i was feeling a bit sick then i played on the 3ds and i feel a lot better now. it probably cures cancer too.

more seriously i was messing with the 3d slider and tilting it all the time to see what would happen and yeah it does look funny if you do that stuff, but it didn't seem to affect me much. keep it still and in the right place and the 3d effect seems solid, better than i was expecting even, in 3d films they sometimes look a bit odd when you try and focus on something you're not supposed to look at (might be DOF effect that most games don't have?) but the 3ds-3d didn't seem to suffer from this? pilot wings looks cool as does face raiders but not played much of anything yet.

This is amazing. :D

I started with the '?' augmented reality card at work today, and soon had a crowd around me watching me shoot the monster that jumped out of the table. Not one person wasn't impressed by it.

I've only played Pilotwings so far, and I love it. It's a great show piece as it's easy to play and has a great 3D effect.

Now I've spent a bit of time with the hardware, I'm a lot more impressed with it than I thought I would be. My main negative is the stylus position; I keep going to the right-hand side then realising it's on the top. I'm going to put my Hori screen protector on the touch screen in a bit, not going to bother with the top.

Does anyone else try to see 3D on their monitor after they've played a bit of 3DS? I think my eyes are still getting used to it. It's really weird.

Aye it's playing silly buggers a bit with eyes as well, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

On the whole I'm as impressed as everyone, perhaps the launch line up isn't spectacular (are they ever?) but the potential is mouth watering, especially knowing Nintendo's ideas factory these days.

My only real gripe is that I keep instinctively pressing the power button instead of start, which on Monkey Ball quits me out of the game :angry: but I'll train myself out of it.

Street Pass really does rely on people taking their 3DS's out with them every time they go anywhere. I think something like that on a cellphone would work great as everyone has it on them at all times, I doubt people will have their 3DS's carried around with them in a few week once the newness wears off.

yeah, I took mine out, got the coins and all that, but came back encounterless. Might be different if I take it on the train on monday, I didn't get anything friday but maybe people didn't have them yet

oh yeah and I've made Rio using a photo of him off the net

post-73-030174400 1301162625.jpg

You can transfer Miis from your Wii using the Mii channel (the 3DS tells you how to do it if you select that option). It wont let you delete you 3DS Mii (the one associated to your account) and replace it with your old Wii one, but you can always turn your wii on and edit that one to see how you did it first time. My new one looks more like me now, though the beard's still shit

Hopefully the 3DS takes off massively like thes ones before and loads of encounters will be made ^^

Is there any point to having more than just your Mii?

Theres also too much stuff to carry in my pockets! Wallet, Phone, Keys, 3DS.

Is 3DS had a small attachment thing which uses as a pedometer and tracks data from other street passes which could connect & charges from the 3DS would be awesome.

Anyone get Ghost Recon? It seems to be getting good reviews. I have a game voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

I have it but I've been caning Pilotwings. I'll bang it in later and puts some views up. Also, add me on friend codes. You started the thread and I still have not got you synced yet.

I've noticed a design flaw. You know the touch screen has that ridge around it? When you close the lid, it appears that the left and right parts of it are touching the top screen. It leaves vertical marks on the top screen. They're easily wiped away, but it shouldn't happen in the first place, really. :mellow:

Other than that, I have no other issues. I've read on other forums of loose hinges, but I don't have that.