passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PS3 Slim issues

retroed

I think my PS3 Slim is borked. I switch it on (via console, pad doesn't do anything), it fires up then beeps three times and the red light flashes. :huh:

Oh, and I get a single blip of a yellow light next to the USB ports.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With YLOD isn't it the power light that changes to yellow? Mine stays red, it's the HDD light that blinks yellow once then turns off.

EDIT: took the HDD out and it still beeps three times and power light flashes, but obviously the HDD light doesn't flash yellow.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh yeah, the the power light does blink yellow once. :(

I don't think so. Whether I find the receipt or not I'll be giving SONY a call as I doubt Gamestation will do anything about it. They can probably tell how old it is or when it was registered online by the serial number, can't they? I'm not that bothered about saves or anything, but my account details are on there and obviously my PSN etc is tied to the system.

I don't think so. Whether I find the receipt or not I'll be giving SONY a call as I doubt Gamestation will do anything about it. They can probably tell how old it is or when it was registered online by the serial number, can't they? I'm not that bothered about saves or anything, but my account details are on there and obviously my PSN etc is tied to the system.

You can ring them to deactivate all systems registered to your account. I'm not sure card details are held on the console itself. Might be worth doing a bit of digging to find out. Can always change your password on the Sony site to prevent people getting in if it does fall into the wrong hands.

Cheers. It's only my PS3 and PSP Go activated I think, as I always deactivate before selling on. Pretty shit though, the PS3 hasn't really been used that much. It is our DVD/Blu-ray player but still, you'd think it'd last longer than a year. For all the flack Microsoft get, their systems have been super reliable since the Jaspers.

In Sony's defence, you don't hear of it happening very often to PS3's though. I think you're the only person I know that's had a problem. Hope you get it sorted dude, if its in warranty it shouldn't be a problem hopefully.

I think what I'm going to do is go into Gamestation at the weekend and explain the situation, maybe they have a log of receipts on their system and they could print me another? I've heard some companies are able to do this, but have never had to ask about it before. If they aren't able to help out then I'll be on the phone to Sony. Three weeks today and I'll be out of warranty!

I think what I'm going to do is go into Gamestation at the weekend and explain the situation, maybe they have a log of receipts on their system and they could print me another? I've heard some companies are able to do this, but have never had to ask about it before. If they aren't able to help out then I'll be on the phone to Sony. Three weeks today and I'll be out of warranty!

I heard the manager in Gamestation say the other day that anything sold in the eu has to have a 6 yr warranty... he also said good luck trying to get companies to stand by it...