passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

High-res Screenshot Thread

DANGERMAN

• 1 month later...

this is what I meant Sly, despite my misgivings before it came out, the bright sections look way more interesting

maxpayne32012-08-0322h7u0s.png

I didn't notice the low texture quality on the beam next to Max when I was playing, but the other textures explain why the download was 30gb

maxpayne32012-08-0322w6u0q.png

I was toying with posting some pervy catwoman shots but you'll have to make do with these

batmanac2012-08-0723-9que0.png

I think the image below shows what the DX11 brings. Like Crysis 2 the tessellation makes textures look more raised, so the limp wallpaper on the wall and the worn rugs on the floor. Arkham Asylum had physX support too, which I can't run, but there are points in City where it looks like they've managed to simulate it (curtains/sheeting blowing about, litter flying around)

batmanac2012-08-0719-z2uzc.png

I was talking to spatular before and he didn't really get why I was posting pictures of bricks and rugs in here rather than big epic fight scenes or fancy light shows. It's to show off some of the technical stuff games do graphically, which I find quite interesting (not sure anyone else does)

Wasn't sure whether to post here or the PC catch-all thread. I decided here since I'm putting up pretty pictures. I've been playing a self contained story mod for Half Life 2 : Episode 2 called Mission Improbable, and it's really good so far. http://www.moddb.com/mods/mission-improbable/

I'm always impressed how well HL2 and the episodes scale, they still look pretty good today considering how old the engine is.

2012-08-13_00001.jpg

2012-08-13_00002.jpg

2012-08-14_00003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

quickly captured a couple of shots from Borderlands 2, neither of which are particularly special but it does look pretty nice on the pc.

borderlands22012-09-1pvpwg.png

I only grabbed a couple of shots and this is the worst one, but I like the lens on the gun showing what you would see

borderlands22012-09-1vvove.png

I played the first game on 360 and this is pretty much what I remember that looking like. I watched the Giant Bomb quick look before though and it looked rough. I'm sure their video player didn't help matters, but it definitely looked worse than I remember :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I picked up Sleepy Dogs for £8 when Dangerben tweeted about the Green Man Gaming deal the other week. It looks absolutely amazing with the high-res texture pack installed and all the graphics settings bumped to 'Extreme'.

HKShip%202012-11-26%2023-00-34-03.png

Unfortunately, it runs at about 26fps on my PC with those settings, but oooooh.