passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

High-res Screenshot Thread

DANGERMAN

• 3 weeks later...

I can believe it, it's certainly not the leap I was hoping for, not that it looks bad. When I go back to Skyrim properly I'll try for some better areas.

As an aside, I seem to have a bit of movement on my pov. I don't know if it's because I had it on my tv which is a lot bigger than my monitor (and right next to me for the purpose of capturing the screens) or if it's an issue with the data streaming from my HDD. It should be fast enough for the textures, and it didn't feel like a framerate issue, so I might migrate steam to my faster HDD

How is it ported to the TV? HDMI should be ok, but a pc cable doesn't give the best quality.

HDMI, it's only on Skyrim I noticed it, but then it could have been a one off or purely because I was say a foot away. I could even have been imagining it, either way I'll be going back to my monitor to play Skyrim when I do, I'd rather the pc controls

• 2 months later...

I'm only playing Witcher 2 at 1680 x 1050 so these could probably look better, but it does mean I can get 50-60 fps depending on if I'm running or not. I'm running the game on high with a couple of things turned off or dropped, can't remember what though, shadows was one I think (on normal)

witcher22012-04-2801-ljqtl.png

witcher22012-04-2801-wrrff.png

witcher22012-04-2801-9tojs.png

I'm not sure how clear it is on that ^ screen. There's a filter over the top of certain views, usually when you're close in (I don't think it's over the entire game but I could be wrong). It sort of adds a bit of grain, apparently Witcher 2 has a sharpener effect running so it could be that, either way it adds the effect of extra detail on textures and faces. You can kind of see it around the edges of Geralt's stubble on his right cheek, and on his nose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crysis 2

crysis22012-06-0100-0gb71m.png

crysis22012-06-0100-161775.png

I reinstalled it onto my faster hdd, and it does seem to run better. That said it's not running particularly fast, certainly less than 60fps, but I can't remember if it was locked at 30 anyway. Anyway, the screens are supposed to show off the tessellation and the Hi-res texture pack, the latter is certainly an improvement over the default textures but I don;t think my resolution really makes the most out of it

That's some good looking bricks and mortar

I can't tell if you're taking the piss, but it really is!

No no, it really is. REALLLLLLLLY good looking bricks and mortar. :facepalm:

I'm not even sure if I'm being sarcastic or not now.. It does look good though.