passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield 3

Hendo

PS3 textures tend to be the same as the PC use for games purely because they aren't what choke the ram (because they read off the disc/install) and the bluray has the space. When it's moving you'll see a difference, or on a bigger picture so you can see the AA or lack of AA.

That said, the PC version is going to be miles ahead of the other 2

I'll be getting the 360 and PC versions. I'm going to get whichever graphics card has the best performance vs price when it come closer to the time. I heard some people saying that you'll need 2 graphics cards to get the best from BF3, which to me is fucking insane.

that's been a thing for a while tbh. My card, which is so big I'm using the box it came in when I move (not as a house, just for book and games), so big I had to move my harddrives to different parts of my case, so big it's actually larger than my motherboard. Anyway in the instructions it recommends pairing it with another one to get best performance :mellow:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165032

Battlefield 3 is coming to late night network television. Next Thursday, June 16th on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Battlefield 3 for console will be shown. No word yet on who from EA or DICE will be on the show. TV listings simply say "A demonstration of Battlefield 3". OffDutyGamers tweeted the console version will be shown.

Jimmy Fallon has featured different video games and appearances by Engadget editors have been quite common on the show.

I think as time progresses we'll see a lot of big games get airtime on shows like this. It's a sign that games have matured when they can be put on these pedestals for all to see.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/13/physical-warfare-pack-and-back-to-karkand-questions-answered.aspx

Q: Is the Physical Warfare Pack available in all regions, or just in the UK?

A: It will be available worldwide at select retailers. It was first announced in the UK. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Will Physical Warfare Pack imbalance the game?

A: The three exclusive items in the Physical Warfare Pack were specifically chosen not to be overpowered or imbalance or break the game in any way.

Q: Why do I want the Physical Warfare Pack?

A: Owning these items will give you a more varied arsenal, but it will not give you a significant advantage on the battlefield.

Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?

A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.

Q: When will the Back to Karkand expansion pack be released?

A: We have not yet announced the Back to Karkand expansion pack release date.

Q: How much does the Back to Karkand Expansion pack cost?

A: We have not yet announced a price. However, it will be included in the Limited Edition at no extra charge.

Q: Do I have to choose between Back to Karkand and the Physical Warfare Pack as my pre-order bonus?

A: No. There is no way you can pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition and not end up with the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge. On top of this, select retailers all over the world will carry the Physical Warfare Pack. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Why do you offer pre-order bonus items?

A: Because we believe in rewarding our core fanbase with special offers -- such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge.

So it's basically the same as what happened on BC2 then.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/16/physical-warfare-pack-available-to-all-battlefield-3-players.aspx

A point of clarification for all of our Battlefield fans. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack to all Battlefield 3 players later this year – for free. Read on for more details on this and Back to Karkand.

So maybe this is stating the obvious, but all of us at DICE are here because of our passion for games and the passion to bring you the games we too love to play. I always knew our pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 would be open to misunderstandings. This post is an attempt by me to answer any questions you have.

I would like to start by clarifying that the Physical Warfare Pack is a time-based exclusive. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, don’t worry. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year.

The Physical Warfare Pack will be available as a pre-order bonus all over the globe. Right now, the UK is the only country where it has been announced, but stay tuned to get constant updates on where you can pick this up in your country. And remember, if you do not pre-order, you will still get access to this content at a later date, free of charge. If you do pre-order, you will get access to it from day one.

For Battlefield: Bad Company 2, many in the Battlefield community were very vocal about wanting additional, new maps to expand the multiplayer experience. With Battlefield 3, we want to make sure we can increase your library of maps quicker than we did for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. We also want to give you something special for pre-ordering, as pre-ordering is basically your way of saying you believe in DICE and Battlefield 3. When we announced that everybody who pre-orders Battlefield 3 would get an entire future expansion pack at no extra charge, I knew we had created a very generous pre-order offer.

Back to Karkand is a massive, themed expansion pack available a period of time after the base game, developed by a separate team here at DICE -- the same team that brought you Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. If you played Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, you have a pretty good idea about the scope and ambition of our expansion packs. This is so much more than just four remixed maps.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3, you will be able to play Back to Karkand at no extra charge as soon as it is released, but it is not day one DLC and it is not on the base game disc. We think it’s a sweet deal, and it’s available to everyone everywhere. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3, you can still buy Back to Karkand separately and play it as soon as it is released, the very same date as anyone who pre-ordered. In other words, there is no segmentation of the community when we launch the base game.

There are more pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 out there, and in order to try and avoid any confusion we will return within the next couple of weeks to detail all of them as well.

As always, post any questions you have here, in our forums, on Facebook, or Twitter. We are listening and value your opinion.

Cheers,

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE

I hope we don't see an Dr Pepper style crap going on again, that was a bit off. Although this pack available to all in the UK but no-one else is more or less the same thing I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Some guy from a source I don't really trust has come out and said Gamestop have announced that BF3 is outselling MW3 in the preorder chart. I dunno why this is all hush hush because you can go into any Gamestop and look at the preorder chart. BF3 was top when I was over in Texas, and I'm surprise it still is top given these disputable rumours. Apparently Gamestop are pushing it over Activision's title as well. I always thought a sale was a sale was a sale when it comes to selling.

Pre-order bollocks ahoy.

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/pre-order-bonus-items-battlefield3-limited-edition

There are a number of pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 available now or soon to be available. Some countries have already announced their offers, while others will follow. Your best bet is to check in regularly with your favourite retailer/digital download service.

By the beginning of August, you should be able to find all of these items where they are supposed to be available. Here is what they all are and how to get them.

BREAKDOWN OF PRE-ORDER INCENTIVES FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at any retailer all over the world.

Available: Release date of Back to Karkand TBC. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available day one.

Value: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately if you don't pre-order (date and price TBC).

More info: In this blog post. More to come.

Physical Warfare Pack

What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. If you do not pre-order, you will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date.

Value: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.

More info: In this blog post.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade

What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

Available: Day 1.

Dog Tag Pack

What it is: A set of 5 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 5 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your Xbox 360 avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free

What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.

Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.

Value: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

More info: In this blog post.

I'd like the SPECTAT unlock just in case we get the "I'm wearing full camo apart from my illuminated red beret" syndrome. It's a pretty bullshit situation, just give everyone this stuff EA.

http://battlefieldo.com/the-first-high-res-bf3-renders/

It’s our pleasure to bring you the high res renders of the US Marines classes in Battlefield 3. The Medic, Support, Recon and Assault. For those who you in love with the grass wookie from BF2/BC2, looks like you will be a ninja instead. You will notice it looks like the Recon class has either a Iphone, Ipod touch or Zune strapped to his arm. We can assume that these are the ingame renders. Great to see the amount of detail put toward each individual class. I think we are all waiting anxiously to play this game. Luckily there is only a short amount of time until the Open beta happens. For now, enjoy these images!

If you’d like to view the High res version, when the window opens, Right click and Save as or open in new tab!

Update: For those of you unsure of the validity, compare this ingame to render image.

bfo_reconrender.jpg

bfo_assaultrender.jpg

bfo_engineerrender.jpg

bfo_supportrender.jpg

There are some nice touches there, the Recon no longer having the ghillie suit is a welcome addition, they wont be able to disguise themselves as much now which is a good thing given that prone is now in the game. The attention to detail with the knee pads down on one leg so that when he is knelt down he doesn't lose circulation in the raised leg isn't something I'm betting a lot of people will recognise.

The Engineer has tools on his back, I wonder if those pliers will overtake the blowtorch or repair tool?

Support has a pair of scissors to cut through the ammo belts I assume. He looks awesome with all the ammo draped around him.

I wonder what the opposing teams classes will look like?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/04/battlefield-3-going-all-burger-king-in-the-multiplayer/

EA's posted an interview with Battlefield 3 Lead Multiplayer Designer Lars Gustavsson on the official game blog, and the key with multiplayer in the new game, he says, is that Dice wants you to have it your way. "The mindset at Dice during the development of Battlefield 2 was pretty much: 'Play the game our way, or play something else.'" he says frankly. "Now, we have made a conscious effort to reverse that mentality."

That means more modes in general, including the return of Team Deathmatch, an Infantry-only mode, and the Conquest and Rush modes that were so popular in the last iteration. Gustavsson also says that the game will incorporate "Battlelog," a social hub that's presumably similar to EA's very popular "Autolog" from the Need for Speed series.

Sounds good to us. We'll take our Deathmatch with no tomato, please.

I'm not entirely sure what the hell this means, I've always played how I want. :unsure:

It's a further sign that they're after Call of Duty - Battlefield has always been a very specific game whereas Call of Duty is pretty open-ended to how you play it with either the perks and guns or the huge amount of game modes. As a basic example, you can play a really tactical slow game in CoD with something like One In The Chamber or you can play something a bit faster and then Deathmatch which is normally just carnage. Battlefield's always been more about the slower, tactical game where you stick with your squad.

Sounds like they want to give more variety in Battlefield, make some quicker game modes.

If they try to do the job properly to get the CoD userbase in then Battlefield fans will hate this game because that would mean making it more accessible.

I'm completely sick of this ridiculous "war" between the two games, let the games speak for themselves!