passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Digital board games

Hendo

After a few crafty games of proper Cluedo (well I say proper - they've changed the characters and the rules <_< ) over Christmas, me and a mate wanted to try some virtual board games and turned to Risk as neither of us knew how to play it so did the single player co-op style by discussing how to approach each turn against the AI. It got proper involving and we both really got into it, despite still not really fully understanding it.

When I got my 360 the GTM forum was having regular sessions on Catan so I bought that and Carcasonne and still to this day haven't really played either of them. Don't understand how to play them either.

So I guess the point of this thread is to ask for help in those games and ask for recommendations of good board games on games machines.

I nearly bought Cluedo on the phone but it turns out it's more a spin-off than the proper version and I keep hearing good things about Ticket To Ride also.

you can't really go wrong with Catan, Ticket to Ride or Carcasonne. They are all great digital versions of fantastic boardgames. T2R can be hard to wrap your head around at first, but stick with it and its really rewarding. The Carcasonne boardgame is probably my favourite boardgame ever, its one that everyone seems to be able to get into, but is plenty of depth to it as well. Catan I've only played a few times, but again is very very good, but probably that hardest of the three to get into and is very strategic.

If you can try to get the actual boardgames of any of those, it makes a good alternative to sitting in front of the telly. Other great games are:

Zombies

Bohnanza

BANG!

Battlestar Galactica

to name a few.

I :wub: boardgames

• 3 years later...

Cool. I think that carcassonne is probably my favourite of the ones mentioned here, although Catan is a great game, both tended to get quite nasty when we used to play them at my old work, mainly because me and the guy that introduced them were much better than most other payers so it devolved into a war between the two of us with the winner being whoever could convince the other players to fuck over our rival rather than ourselves. If we could manage to get an online lunchtime game of something going that would be wicked, we must be able to sort something out surely.

EDIT:

Have to admit to being massively into Warhammer as a kid, that was such an epic tabletop/board game at times, but just got way to complicated and niche for its own good. If they could make a decent electronic version of that game, and I cant see why not, then that would be excellent.

@Pikman I think it might of been me that recommended you that. Haha.

I think it was and I still don't get it. It's annoying as I really want to understand it!

Carcasonne can be played over a few days, might be easier for me at least :)

I love that someone is trolling gamers on a game forum :D