passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The War You Don't See

Hendo

great film. i choked up big time when the soldier who was obviously a good bloke told his story of finding those kids and trying to get them help. pity theres no space for human feelings or humanity at all in the war machine. particularly the US war machine it seems, judging by the shoot first ask questions later approach they take which so often results in friendly fire and civilian deaths. i mean 90% of the iraq death toll were civilian deaths? :o :o i also remember reading an article about the horrendously shady friendly fire killing of american pro-football hero Pat Tillman, which had a 'factoid' in it that something like 40% of US servicemen die of friendly fire..

did it chage anyones views on the hurt locker? i havent seen it but when i get round to it im sure ill watch it through different eyes now

and how annoying were those news bigwigs??? contrasted against the (perhaps belated) refreshing honesty and dignified admissions by the journalists that misreported war, their slimy evasiveness and semantics turned my stomach even more than they wouldve done normally.

Yeah the U.S. soldier telling that story with the footage backing up what happened was heart-breaking. And the cold bastards just replied, "Shouldn't bring kids to a war".

Most of the journalists seemed to accept they didn't do their job, bar the head of ITV news who just seemed to be on the defensive.