passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Lovefilm on PS3 this week.

Craymen Edge

sounds like i'm on the same package as Craymen, you basically get 4 rentals a month including games/blu-ray/dvd for £10. but yeah in reality it is more complicated than that as you can only have 2 disks at home at a time, then there's the 4 hours streaming. not sure about other packages, think it's £15 a month for unlimited rentals but it's still limited by how many disks you can have at home at a time...

IMO you best bet is £12.99 that's for 2 disc's at home at a time, with an unlimited amount a month. Before I had a girlfriend I was able to get through 4 films a week roughly, some times more. Not sure how much online viewing you get with that. Plus there is an iphone (possible an android app as well) for updating your lists and stuff.

I'm not exactly massively impressed with this so far. I said that the pricing system confused me and sure enough as I signed up for the free trial on ps3, putting my details in for the £12.99 package, and that doesn't include games. <_< But I figured what the hell and started trying to stream a film, but couldnt because of high capacity. Understandable, it's friday night and the first weekend it's launched, but then that's exactly when I'm likely to want to watch a film.

Instead I'm watching a film on blinkbox.com, there's not much on there, particularly recent and free, but what is there streams on the ps3

I've seen a few people thinking about signing up since the PS3 app arrived. Hopefully they're going to make use of the film and game rental, as I don't think it's worth it if you're just interested in the streaming content.

We've got a long way to go until we get something with the choice of netflix or hulu over here.

I got more out of it in the end, watched 3 films on stream and have 2 blurays on their way. I've had connection problems since, could be our net but I managed to stream football instead so probably not.

the problem I've got is that I'll have streamed most of what I want to by the end of the month, and ill probably still buy games, so it does seem like a bit of a waste even if the service is pretty decent