passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

I'm awful at the Blade table despite being alright on the real world table it's based on. You might have me there. Everything else I reckon I can better unless the tables you have scores on that I've not played yet turn out to be bogey tables for me.

I streamed last night, I could do the same again at some point and you could watch to see what I'm doing to get the points I am. I'll try and find my headset so I can talk through what I'm doing and why. Saturday afternoon is probably the best chance for me to stream if you want that to happen.

I'm guessing most of them will be the same, although stuff like Secrets of the Deep, Pasha, Rome and Biolab will probably be exclusive. Later on I'm going to put up my scores so I can face off against Kurosaki (and others as well, if you want to join in) across platforms. I'll list everything available there when I get around to it. There's probably a select handful of tables that are exclusive to Zen but you Zen players will have to list them off.

Wild West Rampage - 5,480,811

Castlestorm - 8,088,410

Earth Defence - 56,409,028

Mars 28,101,000

Epic Quest - 8,981,370

Paranormal - 17,411,510

Excalibur - 6,506,000

Sorcerer's Lair - 16,151,640

Secrets of the Deep - 27,263,400

Biolab - 7,279,835

Pasha - 19,992,500

Rome - 16,268,850

Shaman - 8,705,590

Tesla - 8,889,200

El Dorado - 10,874,104

V12 - 1,270,000

Age of Ultron - 5,469,710

Venom - 7,460,766

Guardians of the Galaxy - 68,937,188

Deadpool - 11,477,930

Doctor Strange - 3,329,000

Civil War - 10,411,973

Captain America - 13,372,876

Fantastic 4 - 22,554,363

The Avengers - 44,284,880

Fear Itself - 13,515,500

Infinity Gauntlet - 13,930,197

World War Hulk - NP

Thor - NP

Moon Knight - NP

Ghost Rider - NP

X-Men - NP

Blade - NP

Iron Man - NP

Spiderman - NP

Wolverine - NP

Ant Man - NA

SW: Rebels - NP

SW: Return of the Jedi - NP

SW: Starfighter Assault - NP

SW: Darth Vader - NP

SW: Han Solo - NP

SW: A New Hope - NP

SW: Droids - NP

SW: Masters of the Force - NP

SW: The Empire Strikes Back - NP

SW: Boba Fett - NP

SW: The Clone Wars - NP

Portal - NP

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - NP

Street Fighter II - NP

SP: Super Sweet Pinball - NP

SP: Butters - NP

The Walking Dead - NP

I just laid them out like they are in game. If we start having score challenges between us I'll try and make it a bit more organised, either by starting a thread in online or by amending the first post with everyone's details in. A lot of my scores are low lying fruit, get 'em picked and give me something to aim for. Or you could give me a yardstick for a table I've not played yet. The majority of those should be easy enough to beat, I only played some of those tables 2 or 3 times before packing in. Earth Defence will probably be the hardest one to crack, out of all the people I've ever seen playing there's not many that can crack the 60m mark. I think my top score on 360 was 68m or something close to that.

Template if you want to put your own scores in.

Wild West Rampage -

Castlestorm -

Earth Defence -

Mars -

Epic Quest -

Paranormal -

Excalibur -

Sorcerer's Lair -

Secrets of the Deep -

Biolab -

Pasha -

Rome -

Shaman -

Tesla -

El Dorado -

V12 -

Age of Ultron -

Venom -

Guardians of the Galaxy -

Deadpool -

Doctor Strange -

Civil War -

Captain America -

Fantastic 4 -

The Avengers -

Fear Itself -

Infinity Gauntlet -

World War Hulk -

Thor -

Moon Knight -

Ghost Rider -

X-Men -

Blade -

Iron Man -

Spiderman -

Wolverine -

Ant Man -

SW: Rebels -

SW: Return of the Jedi -

SW: Starfighter Assault -

SW: Darth Vader -

SW: Han Solo -

SW: A New Hope -

SW: Droids -

SW: Masters of the Force -

SW: The Empire Strikes Back -

SW: Boba Fett -

SW: The Clone Wars -

Portal -

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -

Street Fighter II -

SP: Super Sweet Pinball -

SP: Butters -

The Walking Dead -

38.6m towards Portal. If I could just finish a mission I'd smash that, I just time out with second to finish. Once I learn the missions I'll be sweet on that table. What do you usually go for, Jim?

Mission 2 which takes you in the table. I'm shit with the Missions though. Not sure how I clocked 48 mill. I've been playing it on the iPad and averaging 12mill. I think I got lucky with the atlas / pbody multiball and hitting the multipliers.

Rats? The one where you have to destroy the turrets to progress? Essentially that's free points with no risk (unless you can make the dead easy shots to the lift) as you're not going to lose the ball on the main table, you just drain out of the mission. I'm not a massive fan of those vertical table games so it's not my favourite. There' actually 2 vertical tables in th the Portal table, if you hit the mushrooms by the right orbit one of them lifts up and allows you to do a multiball version on a slightly different table where you're messing about with turret blueprints. The shot to get in there is risky as fuck though, hitting the right orbit without hitting the leftmost mushroom is as far as I want to stretch, the table has a nasty habit of throwing uncontrollable balls down the outlanes and SDTM off to the right of the left ramp. If anything that's where I drain from most, that and hitting the lift and the ball making a direct route between the flippers. Sometimes it has a ball save on when it does that and I'm not entirely sure how I'm setting that off.

I think my mean score is about 25m if you discount the ones where I completely fuck up and lose within minutes. I've had my fair share of trying to hold the ball and then spilling it like a complete idiot, or bollocksed up simple shots.

I usually go for the light bridge mission. It's pretty easy and you get a fair amount of time to hit the objectives. I have noticed that the missions are not fixed objectively which is a bit of a swiz, when you expect the next set of lights to be ones you've held the ball for and then they turn up and you need to be on the other flipper is infuriating when you're having to dance the ball into the right position to hit what you need to hit and then run out of time, especially as it's the next shot you make that goes in the place you needed it to go.

How does the multiball work? Do you have to light up atlas and pbody before it'll lock a ball, because it doesn't seem to reset the lights after you have locked a ball which is how I'd assume it worked? I see Wheatley up on the top right to show how many balls I've got locked, but it seems a bit weird that hitting the lock sometimes locks the ball and then other times it portals the ball to the left orbit and over the left flipper.

It's a pretty fun table overall, I wish they made more tables that were focused on games, they're ideal fodder for porting to a pinball situation. I've not played one yet that turned out bad.

Decided to have a quick go to see if I could dethrone Jim. I sat through about 30 minutes of the table being an absolute shit to me. Bad bounces, balls I had no hope of saving and on the odd occasion outlane balls out of nowhere. Then something clicked and this happened.

portal%20pinball_zps2mqtieiv.png

Fucking lasers shooting all over, gel spunking all over the table, shit popping up and down, fucking multiballs and shit flying all over the fucking place, bridges and gravity lifts and fucking companion cubes and whatever else is in Portal it was all there. It was all happening so fast I couldn't even take in what I was seeing.. A good 30 million of that I got by fluke. The rest is legit, I beat several objectives and got to about 60 million before all hell broke loose and I ended up with that score. I might have got further but Glados started chastising me and stuff and I got distracted and drained.

Still, good score, eh?

Good luck. My advice would to be skip the mission you normally go for and do the others. They all pay out much better, looking at 10m+ payout for a completion plus numerous millions for hitting objectives while getting there. If you can get in the Turret Factory that pays out insane too, plus you have a chance at extra balls in there. I got in once and had the mushroom open again with extra ball lit and I couldn't make the shot to claim it.

If you can't beat it we should pick another table to go at. Maybe let the person with the lowest score (Hello Andy) pick so I can blame them when it all goes tits up.

The only one I don't have is Ant Man. I can get it though if people want to go down that route. I think Jim is going to have a crack at Portal tonight and then we're moving onto the next one if he can't get close. I'm kind of hoping he doesn't because I don't think I'm going to be able to beat that freak of nature I managed last night.