passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

Jesus and here's me still struggling to get near my 27 million odd best! I get the logic of it all. I understand what I need to do. I'm just really bad with shot placement.

Yes I've just done this the lazy way and took a photo of my Switch screen.

15432688259885812117370885451729.jpg

So I tried playing really slowly, trapping the ball and carefully trying to aim each shot.

You manage enough skill-shots in a row and you get an extra ball...

I was trying to launch the ball up the citadel ramp, then try to trap the ball and send it to whisper. I'm slowly finding myself to be gaining accuracy. I figure when I can reliably hit the ramp I want to from a trapped ball, I should be able to start hitting the ramp I want to when the ball is travelling at speed.

Yeah I've gotten relatively decent getting the gargoyle trick shot. The multiball with that is fun.

The table guide was really helpful too - I honestly only discovered obisidians tonight, and now I know the theory behind getting them, even if I can't put it into practice just yet.

I really struggle with the Escape the Void minigame. Think I'm gonna need to do what you're doing and slow it all right down.

Just bought the Portal tables and the Foxnet tables. I know it was mentioned that there's a hard table in the Foxnet one, but I'm a sucker for themes like that. Plus I've put a fair few hours into the game - dropping a fiver on them is the least I could do.

so, on the spider one (or any of the ones on the table under the table)  I find that the table feels *really* fast, and the flippers feel really far apart... because they are.

Learn to be brave and have the ball bounce off that pin in the middle, rather than trying to clip it with a flipper and send it right down the middle.

Also, trapping the ball and aiming it.

You can do it, you have more time than you think. :)

I've managed to pick up about 5 obsidian at most, didn't know you could get a wizard mode. something else to aim for there

I'm finding that I have hit a point where I know what I'm meant to be doing, but I can't quite seem to bring the skills to make it happen and I end up restarting, because I know that I'm not going to hit a top score.

I can't remember where they all are.  I think starting a cauldron MB causes one to drop. Getting all the jackpots in a standard MB  drops one. Doing the ghosts gets one. Doing the portals gets one. Chasing Whisper for several jackpots gets one. There's another basement mission where you get one, but it's just same as the spider game with less hassle. Killing the tree gives you one.

In fact thinking about it you don't need them all to get to wizard mode, but they do alter the time or the score when you get there. The wizard mode starts with saving whisper from he evil lad and then a MB starts, everything lights up and you score mental points for a set amount of time before the mode ends and the table resets.

So getting the xbone, i was really looking forward to getting to play on all the old tables I bought on the 360.

Seems that I'm out of luck, there's a 'bug' whereby when you try to link you old tables and nothing happens.

Support on the Zen forums say that if you give them receipts of payments, they'll give you the tables, but MS don't keep receipts on points transactions, so there that is...

Ho, hum, sure another sale will pop up soon.

It's odd, there's a part of me thinking that I should just pony up and give zen some money. They have been putting effort into making all these tables, right? Only fair I throw some money their way.

But...

The attitude from zen in their forums, which is just a shrug kinda riles me somewhat.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

@RoboticMonk3y what have they done that's annoyed you? They're normally pretty sound support and community wise from what I've seen? I considered just setting up a direct debit with them, cut out the middleman.

I dunno, waking up with a stinking cold hasn't helped, they do seem to be trying to help people out. 

I will have a dig around my account and see if I can find my purchase history and fingers crossed I can email support and get things fixed up

9 hours ago, RoboticMonk3y said:

I need to have more of a dig. But my purchase history only shows when I've bought points.

Go into your downloads on the MS website and all the tables should be there. I'm not talking about receipts, I'm talking about the actual games you'd click on to download remotely if you were putting them directly to a 360 via the web. This is the information you should send them.

Finally had a half decent run on this. Hit a couple of the missions - the vortex, skeletons and cogs - all in one run and managed to beat two of them relatively easily.

Got an extra ball in the run too, so my second ball was a 20-odd million attempt. Still not quite getting shot placement 100% but I'm definitely getting better.

IMG_20181201_152209.jpg

IMG_20181201_152114.jpg