passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout: New Vegas

Jimboxy

Like Sly I've been playing through New Vegas for the last few days. I've taken a slightly different course than Sly, however. Pictures to follow this evening. SPOILERS!!!

Up till now my character Cybercunt has be rejecting the main storyline and quest in favour of the DLC stories. After Cybercunt was reserected in the village, did a few "follow the shaply ass of the female hunter and kill ghekos missions", and fought off the gang who wanted the guy hiding out in the gas station, Cybercunt went of into the wilderness like Kane. He found something called the Canyon Pass, and started the Lonesome Road story, where he entered an old nuclear bunker, obtained a little hovering robot called ED-E, and walked the road transversing the Divide in search of a guy named Ulysses. Deathclaws, and marked men were the enemy of choice in this story, as Cybercunt walked the lonely road, finding loot, and blowing up nuclear warheads as he found them. Ulysses turned out to be a mean sonofabitch and very hard to kill. And after the fight, Cybercunt was given the option of using a nuclear missile to blow up the Legion, the NCR, or leave it well alone. Cybercunt earned his name, and blew up the Legion. Nice mushroom cloud there, lol. Cybercunt lost his little robot friend,and was transported back to the Mohave wasteland where he started.

A quick look at the Pipboy map for the next DLC story finds Cybercunt walking to an old drive in movie theatre where he finds a downed satellite. At midninght, the satellite shows a movie on the old drive in screen, and at it's end Cybercunt is transported to Big MT, where there is a secret science laboratory. Cybercunt found that while he was unconscious, his brain, spine, and nervous system was removed, and replaced wit Tesla Coils, leading to big power ups on most stats. At the time of writing, Cybercunt is walking around the complex, picking up loot, fighting various monsters, and trying to figure out why the robot scientists kidnapped him in the first place.

♪ What would ♫

♪ Noel Edmonds do? ♫

♪ What would Noel Edmonds do? ♫

♪ What would ♫

♪ Noel Edmonds do? ♫

♫ Spoilers a-hooooooooooooooooooyyyyyy ♫

2015-11-16_00001_zps0rolvhbr.jpg

Noel Edmonds delivered the chip after handing the snow globe over for a sweet 2000 caps payout. The problem is that Noel now doesn't know who he should be rooting for. Mt House has progressively got a bit scary compared to the NCR, He might even be more scary than the Legion. I mean the guy is promising to get humanity back on track but Noel is having a hard time believing that. The Legion is going to get it one way or another, but if Mr House starts stepping out of line and the option to format the suave dickhead, then that's going to happen. Noel wants to be the biggest dick in the wastelands and he ain't going to be with this guy around if he doesn't stand up to his promises. Noel secretly hopes that he's going to be able to Alt+F4 that CAD. CAD! Get it? I'm so great at making jokes.

2015-11-16_00004_zpsgt5cqoxz.jpg

Nothing of particular interest other than this made me laugh just for the dialogue option.

2015-11-16_00005_zpsu6rvdf4r.jpg

Noel finally swallowed his fiscal inability to give caps to cunts that don't deserve it to get an audience with the King. The King tasked Noel with doing some covert work and hire a follower to see if he was shady. However this guy came up as soon as Noel handed his caps over to hire the guy and broke Noel's disguise. It made me laugh. Luckily the follower didn't notice.

2015-11-16_00006_zps9hubmzxk.jpg

Noel noticed a glaring fault in this scam artists plan though. Thinking about it Noel should have killed him there and then, but I was dipping biscuits in tea and totally forgot I was meant to be playing the 2nd biggest badass to ever come out of Essex, the 1st being Steve Davis.

2015-11-16_00007_zpsfsz9x3nm.jpg

Noel finally met these cunts. Is there any need for the poison to go on until death? No, there isn't but it does and for that reason I hate these fucking things. It looks like Noel will have to stop at Wastelands Holland and Barrett and top up on tea tree oil or whatever can cure that shit. Seriously though, fuck these flying spiderhawk things. Fuck them so hard.

2015-11-16_00008_zpsezuyhvf5.jpg

To top this episode of WWNED? this is where Noel is currently. He also did a load of other unimportant shit in this session, but nobody wants to hear about Edmonds delivering letters or talking to nobodies. Will he get out of here alive? Will the triffids dine on his finely manicured beard? Tune in next time and see for yourself.

Played a little bit more. This game is fantastic, even though it pretty old by game standards. I think I prefer this over Fallout 3. The conversations trees and general levelling up are fantastic, even the people that are just there usually have something interesting to say.

One thing I will level at this game is that sometimes it gives you too much close together. For instance when I was in Novac I got a house. Then a few hours later while in the strip I received 2 houses one after another in such a close proximity to one another that it's kind of pointless having both. I just took a mission granted a follower which led me to another location that granted another follower. There's like 100 hours worth of content in this game, don't spunk it all up the wall in quick succession. I'm fine with spending time with different companions.

It's not that I don't want the companions or houses, it's that I don't want them on top of one another, quite literally in case of the houses. I sort of wish the properties were dotted around so while I'm out adventuring I'll have a base of operations a bit of a walk away.

I was just looking at the perks while talking to Blakey about how much crap there is in the levelling system perks.

You get a perk every 2 levels when you level up, but since the cap is level 50 does the game stop allowing you to add perks after the original cap of 30? Because otherwise you're going to be able to pick all the good stuff out if you have a character build that hits all the SPECIAL limits to unlocking them. I mean, that's going to be crazy if it does allow you to carry on picking perks, you're going to become unstoppable unless the game ramps up in later stages of levelling to compensate.

Sing with me!

♪ What would ♫

♪ Noel Edmonds do? ♫

♪ What would ♫

♪ Noel Edmonds do? ♫

Spoiler and stuff. You have been warned.

2015-11-16_00009_zpsuajmthwt.jpg

So some arab guy in one of the forts up near The Strip tasked Noel with bumping off 3 bounties because they'd been killing NCR members. One was a guy called Cook-Cook, the other was a madman that used a golfclub to whip peoples heads off and one was this lovely looking woman that was charged with having a better beard than Noel himself. Look at that bastard, I can't even grow a 5 o'clock shadow like that.

2015-11-17_00001_zpshp7juovx.jpg

This guy started being smart at Noel. Noel took the piss out of his ugly face and a fight broke out. I say a fight, it was more a case of the dude raising his hands and then Noel putting a shotgun shell into each kneecap pointblank. Although the blast wasn't enough to take the legs off it did make his character model look weird while it was on the ground. Or weirder. You can pick.

2015-11-17_00002_zpssryx9ggd.jpg

Noel was sent up to this place. From the distance he thought that the guys on the gate were Deathclaws. Turns out it was much worse, they were pacifists. Well, most of them were.

2015-11-17_00003_zpsux2a6cqy.jpg

Kerching, found a snowglobe. Caps in the bank.

2015-11-17_00004_zpsc0pw6dx1.jpg

So Noel now has this monstrosity as a follower. Not the old guy, the one on the right dressed like an Uncle Tom cosplaying a crossdressing Tobias Funke. She's fucking useless though.

2015-11-18_00001_zpstqapuwro.jpg

On his travels Noel was tasked with getting two guys clean and dealing with their drug dealer. Noel didn't know Dick Dastardly sold drugs, and despite Dick promising to put up a good fight he was slayed with ease in the same mannar Grecks was. Talk shit, get your kneecaps blasted in at pointblank range.

2015-11-18_00002_zpsz0bffquz.jpg

New follower. While not as efficient as Boone at killing and not as charismatic as Lily, Cass has the middleground of being good to talk to and actually having some decent combat abilities about her.

2015-11-18_00003_zps2vr60hnf.jpg

Since the Elite Legion units showed up Noel has been making a killing on trading. This was one of the bigger transactions he has done since stepping foot into the wasteland. Unfortunately most vendors don't have enough caps to buy the stuff needed so Noel is stuck with using the robot at the Gun Runners.

2015-11-18_00004_zpsnmoo4sp7.jpg

This is where it all ended for Cass and it was the point where Noel decided to get revenge on whoever did this. Noel needs more people travelling the wastes so he can flog them the shite he's carrying about, not less. No doubt they're get the old kneecapping of justice whenever they are found out.

2015-11-18_00005_zpsbih0jzdo.jpg

Ayyyyy! Noel found another snow globe when he took a wrong turning and ended up in an area he didn't even know existed. This one was well hidden compared to the others Noel has come across. If he wasn't stealing money from the cash registers he would have never have found it.

2015-11-18_00008_zpsyv8ytxmw.jpg

Noel does like a good scrap and nothing is better than fistfighting one of these cunts. On his travels he's found that these guys don't particularly fight fair so having a 1 on 1 where the odds were evenly stacked was refreshing. I say the odds were even, but it's a little known secret that Noel used to go and establish dominance with the pikeys whenever they tried to moor up on one of the fields in Crinkley Bottom by beating them at the art of pugilism. Dark horse is Noel.

2015-11-20_00001_zpstwtqfdml.jpg

Noel had no idea implants were available in the wastelands so jumped at the chance to bolster his incredible skills. He plans to go back and get some of the other whenever he's passing and has the spare caps.

2015-11-20_00002_zpsurcryqz9.jpg

After nearly being bombed out by this dickheads crew Noel was tempted to try and bump them off one by one. However Doctor obama saw through Noels ruse and wouldn't allow it.

2015-11-20_00003_zpsxh3agz3h.jpg

Noel has many illegitimate children from all the women he's banged over the years, but having seen this he wishes he could have stayed around and painted the nurseries with this badass mural. The child benefit payments would have been worth it.

2015-11-20_00004_zpsmjh2hp0t.jpg

As an Englishman Noel think these 3 responses perfectly sum up how mad Americans are about gun. Especially these particular Americans.

2015-11-20_00005_zps21qmbj8j.jpg

To wrap this WWNED? he found another snow globe whilst talking to the deranged kids about gun wanking. Noel's not sure how many of these there is, but he's certainly willing to take the caps of Mr House for finding them. Easy money is Noels favourite type of money.

That's it for this edition of WWNED? I hope to see you next time whenever that might be.

• 4 years later...

Pull this thread up from the depths, as I've started New Vegas (360).

I'd tried it a couple of times when it first came out, and never really did much more than a dozen hours or so, just never liked it that much compared to Fallout 3 - but since I'm off to Vegas in a few months, thought it appropriate to give it another go (and this time with the Ultimate Edition, all DLC).

Early stages still, but I'm surprised how good it all looks.

Here goes....

There's already a whole bunch of stuff here that I don't remember ; playing caravan (it's fun); the workbenches; the reputation & karma ; repairing weapons & armour; limb damage & repair.

Having revisited Fallout 4 last year, I'm surprised how much was stripped back in that game to make way for the construction side, and how many 'adjustments' were made to the gameplay model.

I don't think Fallout 4's construction is to blame for their stripping back of mechanics - it's just the general Bethesda trend. Skyrim did the same and that didn't have building in it.

The faction system in New Vegas is excellent and works super well - probably my favourite single feature of the game.

Still pressing on and finally had a chat with Benny & Mr House on The Strip.

I've now passed beyond where I'd ever reached in my aborted Dec 2010 playthrough and I'm really quite enjoying it.

Had and interesting time getting to Nellis AFB (initially to recover holotapes for the BoS) but now considering helping out the Boomers. I'm running a fair bit towards favouring the NCR though, as I've got Boone as my companion.

21 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

This is just out in the wasteland though. I respected him for it but I did have to take his gun off him at one point 

:lol: What other game has you confiscating your follower's weapon like a naughty child? Truly GOTG

18 minutes ago, OrangeRKN said:

:lol: What other game has you confiscating your follower's weapon like a naughty child? Truly GOTG

I'm pretty sure in either F3 or F4 I inadvertently gave my companion both a launcher & rockets to carry, which they equipped and used*, which made it 'interesting' when I closed in on an enemy to increase my VATS accuracy, or went indoors.

BOOM!

* or maybe I equipped it for them without thinking through the consequences....