passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wear You Out

Hendo

I've not listened to the stripped down version yet but I'm quite proud of how this has come out.

I know I worked quite hard on my parts, although with a bit more time (because a month wasnt quite long enough) I could have done a better job of the recording/perfomance aspect, and you seem to of Hendo, and Jim, so I think we can justify walking round like this for a day or two ^_^

That honestly never crossed my mind until yesterday!

i'm glad it's finished, I don't have to listen to it all the time now. I've gone through at least 20 different mixes of it, trying to get the right balance and I wasn't really happy with the finished one, I just wanted to get it out the door.

I'm up for doing more of these though, hopefully with more people involved. Not bothered if someone else wants to take the lead this time or it's me again, not bothered either way, just happy to make some noise.

I'm up for doing more of these though, hopefully with more people involved. Not bothered if someone else wants to take the lead this time or it's me again, not bothered either way, just happy to make some noise.

I'm well up for doing another one. It was good to actually do some music again, haven't really done much since i left uni. It was also good to do things a slightly different way, I had a set way of writing which wouldnt work with this. Same with the lyrics, knowing people were going to hear them meant i had to change the subject matter and make them less obtuse than they would be if i was just writing for myself

Edit: I am a tad disappointed that you didnt go with the Scottish version. Maybe next time :P

That's really good. Unusual start, and I'm wasn't sure of the drum loop at the start, but when the guitars came in, it fitted. Well done guys. Can't wait for the next tune.

I'm a bit of an amateur song writer, have been for years, but I can't play any instruments, so nothing has ever gotten further than pen on paper. It's great to see friends able to take their work further.

its super, well done Mr Hendo for putting it all together. I'd be up for doing something like it again, will try to find more than four notes next time as well :awe:

I was actually a bit gutted that you didn't give me a uke part.

I listened to this a few times in work today. It's brilliant, massive kudos to the three of you. That drum hook is sweet, and it all goes together very nicely indeed. Any chance someone could post the full lyrics?

Someone should YouTube it. :)

As you wish mr edward. It's worth mentioning that I never wrote a chorus, Hendo took a verse and raised the pitch, so it's not quite how I wrote it. Works really well though imo, I don't know you can spot it without knowing he'd done it

This thing I'm going to say, I say for you

said the friend with knife behind his back

As though a preface makes it somehow less cruel

But that smile isn't for my sake

Your best friend act, it almost had me fooled

if not for your rancid grin

But what really hurts is I know you're right

and that life will wear you out

Why do you want to go, why do you want to go home?

your ego's no safer there

You know you want to change, but let's just spite ourselves

because numb is a feeling too

All bitten tongue and upper lip control

it's easier than giving in

You could try and change, to grow and improve your self

but I guess life aint worth living then?

and that life aint worth saving now

and I'm not so sure I can change

Fighting to fight when you know you're wrong

that life aint worth saving now

Keep your indignance and your gilded throne

because that life will wear you out