passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Castlevania : Harmony of Despair

illdog

Saw Stoobie playing Chapter 7 - what's the verdict, Stoob?

I had one go on normal and I didnt get to the end of it - some trap floors (which to be fair were quite obvious) and lots of different routes meant I got lost. And died. Didnt even make it to the boss. If you two are still on tonight when I log on I will join if its OK.

Hendo and I managed to beat the boss on Normal even tho she's resistant to everything. Hard was a different matter - the bitch just wont die.

Not the best of levels i must add. After all that waiting im a bit dissapointed. Didnt notice a single unique item drop and getting through the pyramid is actually a bit of a chore. Boo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Extra Stage DLC

The One Who Is Many

Written by PunkyLiar today at 14:24

We announced at the end of December that Castlevania: Harmony of Despair would be getting additional DLC. Well, the first of these DLC additions has been released today. The extra stage is actually titled "The One Who Is Many", and does not include any achievements.

An extra stage modeled after the underground section of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You'll face Legion, the boss that epitomizes "all for one, one for all."

There will be another extra stage available for download following today's release. However, this stage, titled "Lord of the Flies", does not have a confirmed release date yet.

The "Extra Stage: The One Who Is Many" DLC costs 320 MSP

From TA

I had a fiddle with Yoko (fnarr) the other day, she seems cool. Turns out i could happily resubmerge myself in item collecting and spell griding if the mood takes.

• 2 weeks later...

Simon Belmont looks exactly the same as he does in Castlevania on the NES, yet he's super speedy and extra controlable. If he'd have been like that in the original game i would have pissed all over it, instead of always dieing on Death. Curse you Level 5! (the actual level, not the developer).

The Origins level is fantastic, its one big level mashed out of the original game. I have to say though, if you cant relate to the retro-ness of it all it might not be for you. Its fucking hard too! Even with my super Shanoa i died on the final boss. I was wearing Beserker Armour mind, damage taken is massively increased in turn power, POWER.

Yay Castlevania.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 05/08/2010 at 17:42, Hendo said:

Tried it on my own, got to the boss and got pretty much destroyed.

Nearly nine years later, this happened yet again.

I remember loving this and installed it on the Xbox. No save has carried over so started from scratch.

If I get Gold I might try and see if anyone is still playing it, but on my own it’s a bit of a struggle.