passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Xbox 360 slim.

hinn888

Right i keep hearing different things on how to transfer data. I know that the usb stick will work but could be quite time consuming considering all my xbla games etc.

I heard you can use your transfer cable that you get with the hard drives you can buy

That you need a new different transfer cable

That you get one with the 360 slim?

So whats true?

Plus just to warn you guys whose getting the slim, note down the serial number of your old 360 if you're selling it to transfer the licenses, so you can play your xbla offline. http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/

You can use any 360 data transfer cable, they're all the same. The new 360 doesn't come with the cable. I'm borrowing a data transfer cable that Dante very kindly forwarded on to me. You can use a USB stick, most saves will copy over fine but there's some (Forza 3, Mass Effect 2..) that won't. They can be moved instead though, so it's not a massive problem.

And yeah xbox.com/drm with both your serial numbers to transfer the DRM to your new system.

Mine will be here in the morning. :D

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Don't forget, if you have multiple accounts on your 360 that have each purchased content, you'll need to do the DRM switch for each one. You'll probably have to re-download that content from your purchase history, too. I just had to do it for five Arcade titles I purchased with my US account. All working fine and dandy now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with Ultimate MK3 from my American GT.

I can play it on my American GT but not my Darkxid3 GT.

The drm has been done and i try redownloading UMK3, it keeps coming up with, cannot download.

Am i now down a game :(

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/17/midway-xbla-classics-removed-from-xbox-marketplace/

Midway's XBLA classics removed from Marketplace

by Richard Mitchell on Feb 17th 2010 2:31PM

Several classic Midway games have been removed from Xbox Live Arcade, including Cyberball 2072, Defender, Gauntlet, Joust, Paperboy, Robotron 2084, Rootbeer Tapper, Smash TV and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. The titles have been pulled due to "publisher evolving rights and permissions," according to a Major Nelson tweet, but will remain playable and can be re-downloaded by users that previously purchased any of the games. While Major Nelson didn't expressly say so, it would appear that the disappearing titles are the result of Warner Bros.' acquisition of Midway last year. Warner Bros. now owns at least some of the trademarks involved in the removal from XBLA.

It does say you can re-download them, so either that didn't work out or you're having some account related problems.