passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

A Song A Day

Hendo

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

By coincidence I was watching that video the other day round a mates' place, for some random reason.

Love the use of mandolin and has a general feel that was a bit different from what else was happening in the "alternative" movement, which is ironic really.

I'm perhaps going a little obvious with Jeff Buckley. I wanted "Dream Brother" but couldn't find a video I was happy with, it was either live or with his life story on, so I went for this instead, techincally a much better written song. Brilliant chord changes. :)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

At first I was all like. Dude, this is dull. Where is my rock at? Then after a while I was like, yeah man, I know this groove. I have a folder full of songs just like that. I put it on when I can be bothered doing absolutely nothing. That is the perfect song to do nothing to.

Is it still okay to have Asians? Or am I being totally uncool and embarrassing myself?

No! Tuesday is for Asians! I dunno, they just played rock music on an unusual instrument. It sounds kinda different but it would sound better on a electric guitar, like anything sounds better on one.

Now I can get back to finishing my theme, the last from my favourite albums. Like the Blur track I picked this is a song that makes me want to listen to the album again.

I thought it was alright Bob. I do kind of agree with DC that it was a bit redundant as it could have been, and in fact was, played on a guitar and would have sounded the same, But it was still pretty rifftastic

I've already got my song picked for Asian Tuesday next week :)

What's Friday's theme btw?

I thought it was alright Bob. I do kind of agree with DC that it was a bit redundant as it could have been, and in fact was, played on a guitar and would have sounded the same, But it was still pretty rifftastic

I've already got my song picked for Asian Tuesday next week :)

What's Friday's theme btw?

something that gives you that "friday feeling"

Now I can get back to finishing my theme, the last from my favourite albums.

That's one of my favourite albums as well. I really hate telling someone about Queens of the Stone Age and how great they are though because for me there isn't any one song where you can point and say, "this is Queens of the Stone Age." You really have to listen to a full album to get the most out of them. In fact, I don't even like any of their singles because they feel so wrong on their own. Except the one with the Asian guy dancing round in the snow. That was hot.

Me to, man. But when I decided to pick a single song from the list of my favourite albums from the other thread I knew it would be hard, and it wouldn't be truly representative but what can you do?

I like the naked Asian guy, too. For you. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03OTpjtJHvg&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03OTpjtJHvg&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03OTpjtJHvg&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Always liked that QOTSA track, the summer that album came out I listened to it religiously, haven't for a while though. It's sludgey, heavy, but with a bit of a tune too, exactly what you want from QOTSA

It's Friday!!

I remember my final day at a shitty bakery job I had at tesco when I was a student. I waited until this came on the mix tape I was allowed on, turned it up, then walked out B)

People who you worked with must have thought you were a dick head.

That was cool, nice and heavy. Little cheesy, but in a good rock sort of way. The video reminded me of every puff daddy video from the 90's, it wasn't directed by Hype Williams was it?

The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist

I can't see any of these at work. In fact I can't even see what they are unless someome writes it in the post, and if I try to view it in the standard IP.Board theme, the page breaks and nothing loads past the closing /embed tag of the first video. :(

Anyway, I just wanted to say I love Avalanches. (The band, not the potentially devastating natural phenomenon).

I loved that. I have heard it on commercials and stuff quite a few times but that's the first time I have ever heard the whole thing. I love all the samples, although I think a lot of similar videos on youtube have taken away from the 'dude, cool' factor of it a bit.

Rob Zombie - Superbeast

That is excellent, reminds me of 80's horror films soundtracks before they went all shit with cgi and actors having nothing to act with except a green screen.

Another slice of the Ronald pie. I think he has autism or something, but who cares when he makes tunes like this?

Wow, that was indeed epic! He needs to do some work with Brett Domino, my face would melt.

This page of the thread has two bands connected, at least to me. I saw Monster Magnet supporting Rob Zombie, also with Backyard Babies supporting.

BB were better than I expected, Monster Magnet was mind blowing, Rob Zombie was a damp squib afterwards. We spoke to some of Monster Magnet after the show and apparently they were none too happy with Zombie and his management. Rob Zombie and his hangers-on would ignore the other bands and weren't happy that they were going down so well.

*EDIT*

Also worth pointing out just how epic the video for Frontier Psychiatrist is. The drummer makes me laugh. :)

My Friday feeling for this week is one of the greatest songs to play pool to. True facts.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30mMAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30mMAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30mMAg&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fade-out outros suck.

Probably the best use of a wah-wah pedal out there. Great track, you can't go wrong with classic Hendrix, it's just plain cool stuff.

It's Friday night, build up to the weekend with this. Another long one, sorry.

Right. I listened to it since no one else would. Bastards <_< I did not like it and it went on and on and on. Dude. Not cool. Just not my bag, not one little bit.

Fear Factory - Edgecrusher

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZaQRUjWM8&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZaQRUjWM8&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZaQRUjWM8&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Haven't heard that one for ages. I like the use of double bass in a metal song, but then I would.

My pick goes well with a lazy Sunday but then if you hate country I'd avoid it.

I love that film, and the song. In fact the whole soundtrack CD is really good. I'm not a big fan of country, but I do like the way the instruments sound in Bluegrass stuff like this.

My choice is a favourite, as much for the video as for the song. Plus 2na and Akil's voices instantly make anything awesome.

DJ Format - We know something you don't know

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>