passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

A Song A Day

Hendo

Been kicking this idea in my head for a week or so, wasn't sure to do it this way or a more convoluted way.

* Each person can only post one song per day, but anyone else can post in the same day (not just one song, full stop, a day).

* You must give a mini review to the song posted before yours.

Anyone want to take part? Would be cool to see how long this can last before it runs out of steam.

Youtube and/or Spotify is probably best I would imagine.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

me again.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Giant Drags cover of Wicked Game, originally by Chris Isaak. For my money, one of the best covers of all time.

Great thread, i shall contibute when i get home. :)

Might be over analysing, but to stop two people reviewing the same song if they are posting at the same time, just reply with 'i got next' or something, post that post, then edit it so we know what your doing.

Or ignore me.

I'll do Jimbo('s).

I'm not familiar with that band, but that is pretty great. That song lends itself well to a sonic/wall of noise sort of sound, and it's nice to hear one of these bands with a relatively strong vocalist, they usually mumble under the white noise. I liked it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll have a go then.

Ummm. Err. The video image quality was quite good? :unsure: That was cheezy as hell. The playground style chant was quite catchy to begin with, but started to grate very quickly.

<object width="410" height="341" id="veohFlashPlayer" name="veohFlashPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.veoh.com/static/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.5.2.1032&permalinkId=v474194YCtZTmZx&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous"></param><param'>http://www.veoh.com/static/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.5.2.1032&permalinkId=v474194YCtZTmZx&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.veoh.com/static/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.5.2.1032&permalinkId=v474194YCtZTmZx&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="410" height="341" id="veohFlashPlayerEmbed" name="veohFlashPlayerEmbed"></embed></object><br /><font size="1">Watch <a href="http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/music/watch/v474194YCtZTmZx">bjork play dead</a> in <a href="http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/music">Music</a>  |  View More <a href="http://www.veoh.com">Free Videos Online at Veoh.com</a></font>

David Bowie - Sound & Vision

A mostly instrumental song from a man who's rubbed shoulders with the best in the business. This song headlined my first Bowie album, which was called 'Low'. Shown here in a live format. Sound & Vision also became the name of Bowie's record label.

David Bowie - Sound & Vision

A mostly instrumental song from a man who's rubbed shoulders with the best in the business. This song headlined my first Bowie album, which was called 'Low'. Shown here in a live format. Sound & Vision also became the name of Bowie's record label.

You're meant to review the one that came before yours!

Anyway, that's a good version of the song. I'm not overly keen on Low - it sounds too cold and stiff to me but I guess that's the point.

I'll throw in one for Mike too, I love Bjork, crazy little Iclandic nutter that she is. And I love David Arnold too so Play Dead is a good choice.

Here's mine for today:

bravo Hendo, stellar choice. I remember first hearing this song in Tony Hawks (2 i think) and it was one of the best on there. Better than the other famous rock/rap mash up that is walk this way.

Pixies - Holiday Song

I thought it had no redeeming features what so ever but you're right, the image quality is good.

Who are those jokers anyway? That main bloke looks more like a gameshow presenter than a singer.

Those jokers are actually producers of some of biggest recent hits...

Anyway, to that Pixies track. I like Pixies but I've never come across that track, which surprised me. Is it a B-side? Because it did sound a bit B-sidey to me. Certainly enjoyable but it didn't grab me by the throat which their best ones do.

About DC's Yeah Yeah Yeahs track, i liked it when i didnt think i would. Im not too down with the music scene and who is like what these days, but there was a rawness to it that reminded me of Nirvana? Or is that just me? That grungey style of just wacking the music out.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Video doesnt suit the song.

About DC's Yeah Yeah Yeahs track, i liked it when i didnt think i would. Im not too down with the music scene and who is like what these days, but there was a rawness to it that reminded me of Nirvana? Or is that just me? That grungey style of just wacking the music out.

I'm with you with the rawness, but they don't quite do them like that anymore, unfortunately.

I'm on the fence with Ladyhawke. While on paper it seems like a decent retro inspired pop song she doesn't have the delivery to do her own songs justice. It sounds like a solo record from a musician that is in a band but not the front man/woman. It isn't something you need to get the ear bleach out for, mind.

ODB's bit seems quite haunting on this now he's all dead.

Feelins' turn to chilluns, yo.

I liked that. Is it on Speakerboxxx? I must admit I didn't give Big Boi's disc much of a listen, The Love Below had some more interesting directions.

Liked the Fender Rhodes on it, really chilled feel to it.

That inspires my choice for today, Dracula's Wedding featuring Kelis.

I really like it, which is odd as I don't really like T-Rex at all. I like how layered that song is, with the strings accompanying the usual bass and guitar combo.

I am going to keep it old school rock with my choice too.