passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3 2010

Hendo

Microsoft - Monday 14th June 10am PST / 6pm BST

EA - Monday 14th June 2pm PST / 10pm BST

Ubisoft - Monday 14th June 5pm PST / 1am BST (Tuesday morning)

Nintendo - Tuesday 15th June 9am PST / 5pm BST

Sony - Tuesday 15th June 12pm PST / 8pm BST

Natal - Tuesday 15th June 4pm PST / 12am BST (Wednesday morning)

Who's excited and ready to be disappointed?

Here's a rumour to get started - Animal Crossing for 3DS.

Rumours are whizzing round the internet that a 3DS version of Animal Crossing will be on show at E3 next week.

Destructoid quotes "sources" as saying Nintendo has been showing a demo of the game to developers and publishers.

Apparently it's launch title for the platform holder's new handheld, and a big reveal is planned for next week - presumably during Nintendo's E3 conference on Tuesday.

Nintendo has declined to comment on the report, so there's no way of knowing whether it's the real deal or whether naughty old Internet Rumours has been up to his old tricks again.

Still, just a few days till we find out. E3 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from 15th - 17th June, and Eurogamer is packing its toothbrush and panicking about whether it has met US immigration's stringent paperwork requirements as we type.

According to our sources, Nintendo has been quietly wooing developers and publishers with a handheld 3D demo of its popular franchise, Animal Crossing. Word has it that the game will be revealed next week as a launch title for Nintendo's handheld. When contacted with a request for comment, Nintendo's response was as expected: "Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculation."

As a launch title for the 3D, Animal Crossing seems like a fair bet. The DS title, Animal Crossing: Wild World, was a massive success; as of March 2008, Nintendo said the title had sold 9.53 million copies worldwide. The publisher even bundled the game with the Nintendo DS in 2006.

I'll edit the first post and put that link up there. If anyone has some good streams, let us know and I'll put them in the first post too.

I'm putting this out there in advance - as is the tradition, they'll be an E3 podcast recorded but I'm gonna need volunteers. Recording somewhere between Wednesday night and Friday (whatever's most suitable) and comments from here will go in. Please don't go discussing the conferences in the status update thing because that's no use to any bugger. Obligatory smiley face. :)

i'm looking forward to more info on halo reach, rock band 3, natal, the new DS. i think the only one of thoes likely to dissapoint is natals games, especially as microsoft seem to think using it to control driving games is a good idea, i still think it's got potential though.

I'll edit the first post and put that link up there. If anyone has some good streams, let us know and I'll put them in the first post too.

I'm putting this out there in advance - as is the tradition, they'll be an E3 podcast recorded but I'm gonna need volunteers. Recording somewhere between Wednesday night and Friday (whatever's most suitable) and comments from here will go in. Please don't go discussing the conferences in the status update thing because that's no use to any bugger. Obligatory smiley face. :)

I'd be up for helping out.

Good stuff, Jim :D

Bits and pieces:

Rumour has it that Itagaki is going to show off his new game, which might well be a Ninja Gaiden type game but with the character being a woman. Probably with a massive rack.

Kojima mini site - http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2010/ - lots of slicing and cutting.

Criterion countdown - http://www.criteriongames.com/

Microsoft promising something huge.

Do you hear that? That’s the megaton horn. It’s going off.

In an email to members of Xbox.com, Microsoft has promised it has announcements for this year’s main press conference that will even “top” last year’s announcement of Project Natal.

“E3 is the world’s largest gaming show,” read the email, “and the place where we make the BIG announcements about what’s coming up on Xbox. With the massive Project Natal announcement at last year’s event, you’d think we’d find it hard to top that. Well, think again.

“This year at E3 we’ve got even BIGGER announcements to share with you.”

Get ready, kids. ‘Tons are about to drop big time.

bCDBM.jpg

The journalist from gameblog.fr are on a leash recently. After implying that they already saw Metal Gear Solid Rising running at Kojima productions, and leaking Mizuguchi's next game code name (Child of Eden), they are now affirming that Nintendo's next console will be called Wii HiFi. According to what game developers told them, it will be announced at the right end of Nintendo's E3 conference, and it is planned to release around November 2011. Here are the details that have leaked so far:

* It should be on par with the 360

* It should not be called Wii 2 but Wii HiFi

* It will be very online-oriented this time

* Community aspects will be a big component

* It should be out around November 2011

http://www.gameblog.fr/news_15992_e3-10-la-wii-hifi-serait-annoncee-a-l-e3

:huh:

Q Entertainment's new game to be revealed on Monday @5pm PST at the LA Theater. Set your clocks now! Return to SYNESTHAESIA!!

Reportedly called "Child of Eden", not third person, successor to Rez. :wub:

Looks like this might be the 360 slim, taken from an italian web ad:

schermata20100614a00341.png

250Gb Hard drive and built in wifi. Looks ugly though. The fuck is up with those vents? Oh, and it looks like Natal is called Kinect if that ad is to be believed (It does link to xbox.com...)