passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Best Rock Band/Members.....ever!

Hendo

As mentioned in the TV shows thread, been watching the "I'm In A Rock And Roll Band!" series and it concluded on Saturday night with a live vote show to find the best band, guitarist, drummer, bass player/other one and singer.

Only halfway through watching it on iPlayer and I've kind of spoiled the end result by looking on the site for the shortlist but here's what got narrowed down by public voting on the site:

Best Band

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Queen

Guitarist

Jimi Hendrix

Jimmy Page

Slash

Drummer

John Bonham

Dave Grohl

Keith Moon

Singer

Kurt Cobain

Freddie Mercury

Robert Plant

Bass

Flea

Have to say I'm surprised that Slash is up their with Hendrix and Page. For me has to be Hendrix - before him everyone pretty much stood stock still and played the guitar "straight".

I'm going with Mark Radcliffe on the band - if you're gonna ask for the best rock 'n' roll band then it probably has to be Led Zep, due to live and album stuff, whereas as much as I love The Beatles you couldn't hear their live concerts due to the screaming and then they stopped playing.

Singer has to be Freddie Mercury for me, the Live Aid footage is proof enough.

Drummer is a tough call between John Bonham and Dave Grohl. Gonna go with Bonham just because he was there first.

There wasn't a big fight for the bass player, they just announced the winner on the show. Don't think I would choose Flea as not a fan of his style.

I'm more likely to pick McCartney for his ludicrous bass lines or John Paul Jones for just locking in with Bonham and looking like it was the easiest thing in the world. However best bass player that has ever lived is clearly James Jamerson.

So my ideal rock 'n' roll band has Freddie Mercury giving it beans, Hendrix making the guitar cry, James Jamerson lying drunk on the floor and John Bonham pounding the crap out of the drums.