passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Insomniac going multifomat

Hendo

Resistance and Ratchet & Clank maker Insomniac Games has signed a publishing deal with EA Partners.

This covers the studio's "upcoming, all-new franchise" that will be developed for PS3 and, for very first time, Xbox 360. Insomniac will own the IP.

This will be the first multiplatform release in Insomniac's 16-year history; the developer has preferred to snuggle up to Sony.

Ted Price told GamesIndustry.biz that Insomniac and EA Partners have been chatting for "a while". Xbox 360 development tools are being created now, but Price wouldn't reveal how long the studio has been working with the console.

Sony has apparently been "incredibly supportive" and will continue to work with Insomniac, presumably on more Resistance or Ratchet & Clank games.

Insomniac's new project is unnamed and has no ship date. All we know is that the PS3 and Xbox 360 game will be set in "a brand new universe".

Was rumoured a while a go I think.

Not a massive fan of their work so far but will be interested to see what they pull out of the bag.

Gears is probably the perfect example. Something that's already associated with a console will probably stay that way, bar some fairly notable examples. I'd be surprised if Resistance goes onto the 360

But yeah, unless the 1st parties are footing the bill, it's stupid not to put your games on as many formats as possible

Sony probably owns those IP's, if so they won't be coming to other machines.

I think there's still a place for console specific exclusives that aren't made by the machine's company, but it looks like it makes less and less financial sense, unless MS/Sony/Nintendo throw money at the developers.