passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

3D Dot Game Heroes

HandsomeDead

I'll keep it brief.

This is that retro Zelda clone for the PS3. I like it on a basic level, the gameplay stuff is spot on, everything is as you'd want. The dungeons are great, each one brings something new beyond the item you'll inevitably get. It looks great and some of the nods to other games are pretty decent.

But it's in this parody I can't get onto it like I would a regular adventure game, I suppose ripping off Zelda and doing it straight would result in lawsuits, but with the comedy it loses some magic that comes with good examples of the genre.

It's pretty good overall, worth playing.

Thanks DC. I was sure there was already a thread on this, but couldn't find one anywhere. I must have just read about it from yourself and Ben in the gaming week thread.

I may have to pick it up at some point if I see it dirt cheap. It's probably going to be one of those that are hard to find in a few months though, I reckon.

I hope it sells alright, but it's not like it's some lost classic that should be lighting up the charts if people werent idiots. It's alright, the dungeons are usually pretty good, and it does look great like DC said. It's just the trekking about that killed it for me really, that and the jokes run out pretty quickly

Yeah, it's the trekking that stops me from playing it. I have to find the sage of the fire temple, he's hanging out around the grass temple apparently, but I've looked around there, I've also checked out the nearby town and another nearby inn and I can't find the cunt anywhere.

When you're stuck like that it's hard to find the motivation to go back to it, some better sign posting would have been welcome, not waypoint following, just something to nudge me in the right direction.

Apparently there is a flame wand in the Fire temple, I've already done the fire temple and when I came to go to the wind temple it is blocked with an obstacle that the fire wand deals with. I've managed to do the fire temple without picking up the dungeons item, and it's a bitch of a temple and I can't be arsed going through it again.

So I'm calling it a day with the game, as much as I enjoyed it early on it starts taking the piss later on. I appreciate games used to be like this but I'm just finding it frustrating now.

So if anyone else wants it just PM me your address and I'll pass it on, or if Ben wants it back.

I got stuck on the exact same bit. Basically in the fire temple you didnt enter a room you could have done (again I did the exact same thing), but it's easy enough to find once you get in there. There's a guide on gamefaqs that pointed me right to it, but you'll have to ctrl-F fire wand to find the section

The fire temple is the one with the walls, getting anywhere is a timely process. I have a ton of games I want to get done and there have been times it's been an unproductive use of time and I'd rather move on. I'm not writing off buying my own copy later down the line and finishing it as there are enjoyable parts to it, it's just a time thing and I have a hell of a back log growing. And with Alpha Protocol, No More Heroes 2 and Mario Galaxy 2 soon out I want to get on with other games.