passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Privates

Hendo

Zombie Cow made "Ben There, Dan That" and "Time Gentlemen, Please!" and they've announced their new game, "Privates".

'Privates' is a platform shooter that sees players lead a tiny gang of marines with condoms for head gear as they delve into peoples' vaginas and arses, blasting away oozy, shouty monsters.

Working with Channel 4, Zombie Cow has described the game as "Technically pretty accurate if you don't count the tiny people or the germs with teeth." Sure it is Zombie Cow, sure it is.

"Privates is a totally crazy concept. It's very exciting to finally be able to reveal what we're up to," said studio founder Dan Marshall.

"We're exploring some pretty unique gaming environments and themes... I can honestly say I can't imagine you've ever played anything quite like it. There's a hell of a lot more to come soon."

Privates is based on five levels of bug-busting action across a variety of "gorgeous" 3D locations and will be available for download on PC for free from the Channel 4 and E4 website while the Xbox Live version will actually make you pay some money.

Looking forward to this, been following them on Twitter for a while, Dan Marshall is a very funny guy. And it'll be on XBLA too! Woop!

screenshot_231277.jpg

screenshot_231276.jpg

screenshot_231280.jpg

Those Zombie Cow guys are awesome. I hang around their forum from time to time, so I knew they were doing this project with Channel 4, but no idea it was going to be like this.

I can't believe that Microsoft are actually allowing a game with a description like that into the marketplace. The platform holders always seem mega sensitive about anything even tangentially related to sex, let alone "a tiny gang of marines with condoms for head gear as they delve into peoples' vaginas and arses"

Also: the backlash has begun (I think) http://www.zombie-cow.com/forum/index.php?topic=2730.0

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft have been hinting that they might not let this through certification, which if true would be a shame.

Microsoft has warned it's unlikely to approve the Xbox Live release of Privates, the new offering from British developer Zombie Cow.

As described on the studio's website, Privates "is a platform twin-stick shooter in which you lead a teeny-tiny gang of condom-hatted marines as they delve into peoples' vaginas and bottoms and blast away at all manner of oozy, shouty monsters".

The idea behind the game is to provide a bit of sex education as well as some laughs. It's being funded by Channel 4 and designed to fit in with the Personal, Social and Health Education guidelines of the National Curriculum.

Microsoft's not convinced, however. Speaking to Seattle PI, spokesperson David Dennis said the game hasn't been submitted for review yet - but doesn't sound like his company's cup of tea.

"We have guidelines in place that closely track requirements of content ratings boards worldwide and, among other things, prohibit the publication of strong sexual content," he said.

"While we haven't seen this game, we can confirm that if it is consistent with the description we have seen on the Internet, this game would not pass peer review and would not be permitted to be distributed on Xbox Live."

In response, Zombie Cow's Dan Marshall said Privates is designed to promote the safe sex message to teenage boys in an "entertaining, funny way".

"There was always going to be a risk it won't pass Peer Review, but obviously we'll do whatever we can to get the Xbox version out," he said. "It'd be a shame if a huge number of teenagers missed out on some quality gaming and vital education because of some abstract, cellular-level innards and pubic hairs."

Whatever Microsoft decides, a free version of Privates will be released for PC.

• 1 month later...

First trailer, looks good. :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>