passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

10 Things I Hate About You...

Sly Reflex

Posted from gtm.

... Mine specifically aimed at the current crop of home consoles. Before you start with going mental and threatening with the torches and pitchforks, know this is my cynical opinion and is tongue in cheek. Everyone has opinions and this is just a bit of fun, feel free to do similar in your own opinions on the same topic. Just don't argue anyone down because I don't want to see any moderators having to whip you fools back into line when it gets a bit rowdy. Are you ready? Then I shall begin.

360. Yeah 360 guys, get ready to be annoyed with me.

10. Overpriced Stuff.

In a world where everyone is telling me to go green, why the fuck are the pads on the 360 run by 2 AA batteries by standard? It's bullshit and in an ideal world they would have taken a leaf out of Sony's book and made the 360 pad have a lithium ion rechargeable battery. It's OK though, Microsoft thought of this and you can go and purchase a play and charge kit for a nominal fee. And by nominal I mean they fuck you right in the arse for a ruggedised usb cable and a small battery pack. Fucks. Where you an early adopter and got stuck with the next to useless 20GB HDD in this day and age Feel free to upgrade to one of the larger sizes for a veritable chuck of change. I know HDD have fallen a lot in price vs size over the years, but MS really pulled a fast one when it told us that 20GB would be fine. There's also the thing that PS3 exclusive owners always pick out too, the wireless costs money. Now, I didn't mind paying the bucks for the wireless, because it saved me a hell of a lot of hassle, but the price of it is astronomical when you put it next to £20 to £30 it should have cost.

9. NAT Settings.

WTF is a NAT setting? For most people they never have a problem, but chances are they play with someone who has to reset their router to get their 'NAT' setting back to open. Now I have no idea WTF the point of a NAT setting is, other than to make you miss out on 10 minutes game time by switching your modem of for 30 seconds and the rebooting it and running the LIVE diagnostic to see if it sorted itself out.

8. The Xbox 360 Pad.

"You can't diss the 360 pad! It's perfect!" I hear you cry. Sure it feels good to play with, unless said game revolves round you needing to use the D-pad, then everything goes to shit. It also has one of the most annoying features on it I have ever seen. The quadrant of light that spins around when the batteries are about to die? Yeah, cool idea, but why does it do it after 10 minutes of playing on fully charged fucking batteries? It basically does the whole 'your batteries are about to die' thing way way before it should, and it leave you in a Peter and the Wolf conundrum as whether to believe it half the frigging time.

7. The NXE Dashboard.

When it came out it was quite rightfully met with scepticism. Idea's cobbled together from other platforms grinded some's gears and the cynical predictions began, pretty much all of which became true. The old dash had adverts on it sure, but right now if you go on to your 360 it is plastered with that shite. I know it's promoting stuff online that you can get hold of, but there really is no need for it and you should be able to turn all but your friendlist and own profile sections off. But no, we need to flick through pages of crap to see what we want. Thanks for that Microsoft.

6. Microtransactions.

When the new NXE hit we all got little avatar peoples whom of which we could dress up how we wanted, which was pretty cool, it won me over. At periodic times Microsoft would open up more clothes free of charge to decorate your little person with, and although the options were limited, it was nice that it was there and free. Until some smart arse decided that they could get away with charging anything in between 80 and 240 point for each item, some needing multiple items to form a complete outfit. Ironically there was a highwayman's outfit that cost more than any other items on the marketplace at the time, seemed fitting to me that this was the case for this particular clothes. To the people buying these, stop please. I know it's tempting but for the points that you spend on pointless clothes, you could be spending on Indie games. Yes games, y'know, what you bought the console for in the first place. I must commend games that give avatar items away though, it harks back to the days where games came as a complete package and didn't need any more spending on them to unlock weapons and extra levels already on the bloody disc.

5. DLC.

Now, this is a bit of a hard one to explain. Some DLC is phenomenal. Especially if it is free or good value for money. Most DLC is arse though, I am working my way through the Anchorage DLC on Fallout 3 at the moment and it concentrates on the bits of Fallout 3 that were not fun. Borderlands Mad Moxxxie was the same. Even the L4D games which I absolutely adore dropped the ball when it comes to DLC. Some DLC is already on the disc and just requires you to bend over and take it in the arse from whichever company deems it necessary to rape you for every bit of cash you have. Unless you have an ounce of common sense and refuse to buy.

4. 1200 Points Equals No Sale!

When Braid hit XBLA is got excellent reviews, and became the first game to cost 1200 spacebucks. Did it need to be this much? No. No it did not. Yet after that we see an influx of games at 1200 points where only about 1% of them are truly worth buying. Where they ground breaking in some way? No, hell, some of them were just HD ports of old games, yet still we are asked to pay 1200 points. Many people will argue that these 1200 point games are leagues ahead of the 800 points ones of a few years ago and that the price increase is valid, but it really isn't. Games didn't go up in price from the Xbox to the 360 and there is a generational gap there, so why should XBLA titles prices?

3. Notification Noises.

They are annoying, but not normally when you are actually playing. The *plink* sound whenever someone comes online has ingrained into my mind so much that I hear the little sod literally everywhere. Driving in my car? *plink*. Walking in the street? *plink*. Listening to music? *plink*. It seems to have buried itself that deep into my conciousness that I hear it all the time. At least it isn't as bad as the notification when someone joins or leaves a party, which is a sound that resembles a coke can been kicked around some tarmac. Horrible.

2. Achievements Hunters.

Now, I like achievements, don't get me wrong, they add life to a game. But when people play the game with the sole reason of just unlocking g's, it just bemuses me. Also, the people that say they don't actively bother with achievements, yet have so many recent maxed games on their gamercard that you have to wonder if they are taking the piss or just lying to themselves to make themselves feel less inadequate in real life conversation.

1. It Has The Build Quality Of A Pizza Box.

Every time I start my 360, it chugs into action, in a similar way a car from the 80's turns over. You never know if it's going to quite make it. Even on a supposedly working 360 unit, I've had disc read errors, the disc is dirty errors (even when playing from HDD) R.R.O.D., disc scratching problems and a whole host of other shite. Not to mention the inconvenience of arranging to play with others only for the same problems to hit them.

Playstation 3. Your turn now. Try not to break your fillings grinding your teeth PS3 peeps.

10. Bluray.

Yes, Bluray. It might be great for movies, but for games it is fucking whack. This technology should not have been used for games because the demand the console puts on the drive for pulling data is too much. It cannot cope and that why we have to deal with all this balls about part installing games and long long loading times. You can say what you want about bluray, it has massive potential as a storage medium, but putting it in with a drive that can't pull information fast enough is idiotic. The only thing I can compare it to is giving an F1 car to a chimp. The potential for performance is there but the chimp can't utilise it.

9. The Dual Shock 3.

Lets get the good thing out of the way first. The buttons, D-pad and Lithium ion battery rock. Yes they do. Sharif don't like them. However, the rest of the pad is fucking crippled. Shite triggers? Check. Spongy arsed analogue sticks? Check. Stupid motion controls six axis thing that doesn't really work? Check. USB charge cord that's about as long as a ADHD kids attention span? Check. To top it all off, the power light is on the top of the pad so if you are playing in a dark room you have a fucking red dot on the TV screen at all times. Nice one Sony. I know the PS pad is iconic and all, but it's 16 years old now and it really needs to be retired and something new brought into place which doesn't reek of shitness. Playing PS3 with the Dualshock is like playing a Dreamcast with the fucking Atari 2600 joystick. Stop looking at past glories and get the bugger sorted now Sony.

8. Headsets.

Why is it nobody knows how to get a headset working properly on PS3? I don't know if it's a technical problem or a etiquette problem or maybe the people buying headsets are just so damn cheap they get theirs from the local Poundland so that it reverbs every last bit of sound they experience for at least 100 metres. Dogs barking, music playing, people watching football on another TV, people talking to the players and even fucking toilets flushing are just some of the things I have heard in full echo-o-rama. It's utter bollocks and I can fully understand why many don't even bother, simply because they don't want to some shitty rap music or some kid get told off in French.

7. XMB.

It might look clean and nice to look at, but it is the most un-user-friendly thing I have probably used in gaming. Everything takes forever. Want to compare trophies? You have to wait. Send a message after looking at someone's profile? You have to wait. Looking to see if someone is online? You have to wait for the friendlist to buffer. Got a picture message? Back out of the game with you so you can see it. Lame.

6. Playing Online.

So, this is how it goes on 360. You go to the person you want to invite (or invite party), they press 1 buttong, the 'A' and that's it, everyone is in the same game speaking to each other like they would down the pub. How do I go about this on PS3? Basically I have to press the shoulder button, send a message like I normally would, select the people, send it off. When they get it they have to open it, accept it, it's fucking longwinded and a pain in the arse. It should be a few buttons as possible, but you are made to jump through hoops pissing about with messages.

5. The Community.

Now I am sure PS3 exclusive people are very nice people in real life, but online they suck a fat one. On numerous forums I have arranged to play at certain times on certain games and 90% of the time I have been let down and ended up playing with people that I normally play with on LIVE. What's the dealio with that? Are you scared of other human contact? Or can't you be arsed with the having to make sure your headset works right without deafening everyone and the constant pain of accepting invites that take more button presses than they should. I just don't get it at all.

4. The PSN Store.

I love the PSN Store, it's given me access to some great games. However, there is one thing I have noticed that really pisses me off. Prices. When Outrun came to the DLC services, it was £5.something on XBLA and £8 on PSN. Really? Why? I have seen this with numerous games and it has me scratching my head. Why do multiplatform games cost more on PSN? And why is it not mandatory to have demo's for everything? Why are the file sizes absolutely fucking massive? I bought Trash Panic and it weight in at over 1GB. For a puzzle game. What the deuce? On the other hand PSN is pretty good with it's deals and the DRM is the best out of the line up we have today, but still, some decisions and file sizes are hard to fathom out.

3. Trophies And Notification.

The big grey box is ugly and unnecessary. Why didn't they have a custom icon that flashed up instead of something so plain and boring and big? The XBM is quite sleek and sexy to look at, but you have this retarded cousin that pops up every time you get a trophy, message or someone's online status changes. Presentation wise it just doesn't sit right with the way the PS3 UI rolls. I hope in future updates it gets sexed up, because right now it leaves a lot to be desired.

2. Fanboys.

Console fanboys can get bent, all of them, but there is something particular with this generations series of Sony fanboys that really piss me off. Just enjoy the games you have and stop slating other stuff. Last generation it was the Microsoft and Nintendo guys that were a pain in the arse with their constant whining about how awesome their stuff was and how shite everything that didn't have their badge on. This gen it's the Sony guys that are on the case, and like the previous years fanboys, they sound like a broken fucking record. Who gives a shit? Play the games and enjoy what you enjoy, just don't go dissing systems because your loyalty lays with one particular brand.

1. Updates.

Man, I don't even know where to begin with this topic, but just know that these fucking things fill my Wellington's with hatred. Why are there so many updates? Why the hell are they so big? What do they actually do? Why do they download so slow that I lose the will to live? It's my biggest gripe with the PS3, I turn on, go to have a quick blast of something and get hit with MB upon MB of information updating my game. Sometimes the update actually out sizes the game, can it really have that many bugs that the file size needs to double to fix them all? I really have no idea, I just know it vex's the fuck out of me.

And now for the Wii. Only the severely hardcore will probably be pissed at this.

10. The Wii Shop.

No demo's. No optimisations. Basically straight ports of the original ROMS. Don't get me wrong, those games up there are some of the best stuff you'll ever play, but chances are you have already played them to death. So why pay again? There are some decent new titles on there such as Lost Winds and World of Goo, but everything else you have had your fill of. When you download something you have no idea how big it is, because Nintendo have stuck with the blocks garbage instead of putting it in easy to understand Mb. The music to the Wii Shop is awesome though.

9. The Wiimote.

Another controller that takes AA batteries, and gobbles up juice at a rate that see's you replacing them more than a few times a week. Nintendo obviously hates the environment, or has shares in a battery company. I find the Wiimote a pain to use, even with the motion+, the nunchuk is flimsy but ergonomic and I hate the fact that you have to plug the classic controller into a wiimote and have it by your side. Lame.

8. Friend Codes.

Making it more impossible to play online with friends easily since 2006.

7. Nintendo Wi-fi Club.

Makes you wonder why they even bothered. I have never played a game online that didn't lag like bastard, to the point of been unplayable. Even Animal Crossing where no real action happens had severe lag issues.

6. Plastic Crap.

Why do we need all these add ons for the Wiimote? Who the hell buys them? Why would you need them?

5. DRM.

DRM is a necessary evil. Microsoft and Sony have it covered if your machine breaks down or you upgrade. With Nintendo you get a big fat fuck you and have to deal with it. Hey, as long as you're giving Nintendo money they couldn't give a flying shite.

4. Constant Adverts.

I am sick and tired of constant adverts for the Nintendo Wii. The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that hardly any of the adverts have any games in, I guess they are just trying to convince people this is a lifestyle choice and it would look great under the TV. The Ant and Dec ads are the worst ones. I mean, how many pubs do you stumble into that have a Wii set up? Or a slimming group that encourages Wii Fit as an aid to weight loss? They are just bad man. Bad.

3. That Light.

The Wii is a nice looking console. However, that light can fuck right off. I know you can turn it off in the settings, but why should I have to? The other consoles don't flash me up when I get a message, so why should this?

2. Backward Compatibility.

I used to use my Wii a lot for playing NGC games, but why did I have to have the Wiimote on eating batteries and having to have it on so I can select the game from the menu? Why can't the controller I just plugged in control the UI? For something that's meant to be user friendly it sure does make you do things the hard way.

1. The Games.

Yup, that old chestnut again. When you look at Nintendo's heritage and see some of the diamonds they have released it makes you wonder where it all went wrong. I mean, I am not saying there are no great games on the Wii, because that would be a lie, but something has gone seriously wrong in the last few years for Nintendo's home console games developers. Maybe they lost their shine like Sonic team did, maybe they just got limited by the motion controls, I don't know, but there is a lack of anything I want to play on the Wii, and normally the games that I do want to play are rehashes with waggle involved. It feels so familiar that I get instantly bored with them. Bad Gravy indeed.

Now it's your turn to tell others 10 things you hate about whatever topic you want as long as it's to do with gaming. Troll away, this is the thread to get all that crap off your chest that bothers you. Just don't argue, because Mecha Jesus is always watching. Not that he can do anything on this forum, because here Hendo and co rule the roost.

Increasing the file size of XBLA games (which then increased the price) is the best thing that happened to it. Before it was ports of old games or simple games like Geometry Wars, now for 1200 points you can have the likes of Shadow Complex or Battlefield '43. Those wouldn't have been made pre-Braid. It's a different kettle of fish to generation gaps.

And how can you complain at the Wii's backwards compatibility with the dog's dinner that Sony and MS made of it? It's the only one that does it right! Fair enough with the rest.

I can't think of 10,

360;

Backwards Compatibility, because of the 360 I hate myself for selling Xbrick games that wouldn't run on it at the time. Jet Set Radio Future, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and many others which I've now forgotten about, I'd remember them if they were still here. My GC and PS2 collection is still intact but because of the way this was dealt with I've forgotten games I love, wretched 360.

PS3;

I don't have any real problems with it, apart from its obvious online community short-comings. That finish picks up some dust, though. It makes under my telly look filthy.

Wii;

Again, online stuff is proper wank. That's it really, maybe its reputation, but that was brought on by itself.

2. Achievements Hunters.

Now, I like achievements, don't get me wrong, they add life to a game. But when people play the game with the sole reason of just unlocking g's, it just bemuses me. Also, the people that say they don't actively bother with achievements, yet have so many recent maxed games on their gamercard that you have to wonder if they are taking the piss or just lying to themselves to make themselves feel less inadequate in real life conversation.

i have a friend who often takes the piss out of me for loving achievements so much, yet his score is almost 50k and he sometimes even buys games twice on pc and 360 and double scores them! very annoying :P

also sly, i believe you can turn the notifications off on 360, so i have no sympathy with you there :D

I don't agree with the thing about 1200 point games - they are generally a bigger and better quality than they used to be and so should be priced higher than 800, which lest we forget is only about 7 quid. You're talking 10 quid for something like Braid which I think is fine. And generally the market will dictate back to the makers and publishers if they've over-priced it, like Death Tank.

some good ranting there!

not sure i'll make it to 10 but (only 8 in all gaming, i need to think of some more):

1 - downloadable stuff - games and added content - what really worries me about it is years down the line if my console breaks, the servers are no more, i'm most likely going to be screwed and not able to access content i have paid for (already happened with pgr2 dlc), there's been some awesome dlc only stuff which i wouldn't want to miss our on so i have to avoid thinking about what might happen in the future, it's far too annoying to think about.

2 - built in battries that will be hard/impossible to replace when they stop working - like ipods and ps3 pads.

3 - checkpoints that put you back before a bit i can't do, sometimes with an underpowered ship, as if to laugh at my ineptitude, like r-type. mainly a problem for 2d shooters i guess, fps games have checkpoints that don't annoy me anywhere near as much.

4 - spawn campers, this doesn't really need explaining. i play with some people who occasionally spawn camp and i think i've been going a bit easy on them, next time it happens i need to remember to betray them in the face.

5 - lack of difficulty levels - i really hate it when games aren't accessible to everyone because they're too hard, when it can't be too difficult to implement easy mode that just gives people who are struggling a boost or something so they can at least see the whole game. games i really like (2d shooters) often are guilty of this, it's understandable in the arcade but any port not having easier modes, or at least unlimited continues is poor. i guess bit trip beat is guilty of this.

6 - region locking - quite self explanatory.

7 - reliability, first the ps2, then the 360 even worse, and i accept it because of the cool games i want to play, both a lot better after new hardware iterations, but that doesn't make it right.

8 - ps3 updates - made worse by me not using the ps3 that much, every time i want to play on it i seem to have a new never-ending update to perform, brilliant.

10. System Configuration and Games

This is one of the first things a console gamer will point out to a PC gamer. “You just put the disc in and it plays!” So the hapless PC gamer has to first look at the back of the box, have a look at the system requirements (recommended if he’s feeling optimistic, minimum if he’s not), and then judge whether his PC would be capable of running the game. And that’s not the end of the story. There’s a whole minefield of reasons why the said game would not run. From updating DirectX, to having a graphic card that the game doesn’t support. It happened to me a couple of years ago. I bought Tomb Raider Underworld, which said that it supported N-Vidia G-Force 6 and up on the box, only to find it didn’t support my model of G-Force 7, and the game would always crash.

9. Lazy Driver Updates

WTF is a Driver? It’s the piece of software which tells Windows how to run a piece of hardware. Which is fine when it works right. When it doesn’t, it causes all manner of fuck ups. Everything from endless sound loops, to the dreaded ‘Blue Screen Of Death’. And all because hardware manufacturers can’t be assed to look after their products after six months. I fucking bought your sound card/graphic card/raid card, why can’t you make sure it bloody well works when I install a newer version of Windows?

8. DRM

Software companies are forever trying to stop computer game piracy, through ever more elaborate means, and the pirates are always one step behind. We’ve had everything on the PC. Starforce was one of the worst, installing dummy drivers on your machine that usually fucked it up, and was a bastard to get rid of. And lately we’ve had Ubisoft saying that if you want to play our games, you must have a permanent connection with our servers, even if the game has no online content. And the thing is, both these and other methods of protection have been bypassed. It’s just ‘Red Rag to the Bull’ for the pirates. They need to look at ways of encouraging people to buy the games, instead of punishing everyone for the few who download illegally.

7. Windows Auto Update

I understand that Microsoft is always trying to close the security holes in their products, and improve their services, but why oh why does Windows Update always have to force me to restart my PC. Usually throwing me out of a game to the desktop to tell me. Most PC games don’t like being minimised, and it crashes them. My bloody PC will be turned off at some point. Bloody well wait for that time, instead of hassling me. Thanks for that Microsoft.

6. Microsoft Haters

I really get wound up when someone goes on about ‘Microsoft is trying to own everything’, or ‘Windows is really crap, and the most hacked operating system’, and ‘Bill Gates stole the Windows idea from Apple’. So let’s set the record straight. First off, Microsoft makes an operating system that will run happily on an open source system with literally thousands of different configurations. It is the most hacked operating system, because nine out of ten computers WORLDWIDE use Windows in some form. If you want to make a virus, you want it to cause as much chaos as possible, so you wouldn’t make it for Apple PC’s. And yes, Bill Gates did steal the idea for Windows from Steve Job of Apple. But Steve Job stole it from IBM in the first place.

5. Waiting For Games

Now, this is a bit of a bastard. Some bright spark at some software company realised that console sales outnumber PC sales. And then put 2 and 2 together to make scrambled eggs. “It must be because of the pirates!” he said to his boss. And so the end result is now PC games are usually released up to two months later than their console cousins, even if they’re finished at the same time. Which they usually are, with the Xbox 360 being at heart a stripped down PC, and so makes conversions very easy. This means the software companies are forcing PC gamers to wait so they can get extra console sales. I’ve got no problems with console exclusives, but I prefer to play on my PC when I can. So give me the game already.

4. Spam

When I come to power, the companies that send Spam Emails will all be put on a small south pacific island, and nuked. I don’t want V1agra, or a Russian Bride. My penis is average size, and my three kids prove that it works. My credit rating is ok thank you very much. I like my phone/electricity/bank etc, and I don’t give a fuck who wants to have sex with me. My wife would probably get angry with that.

3. Spyware

The silent little programs that install to your PC without you knowing, take up all your bandwidth, and report on your activities. FUCK THE LOT OF YA!!! Armed with my trusty Spyware Doctor, I’m fighting back, to keep my private personal computer within the realms of secrecy. What I do on my PC, as long as it’s legal, is of no concern to anyone. If I want to tell you what games I buy, what films I watch, where I shop, I’ll bloody well let you know!

2. Hardware Failures

Picture this. A 300 gig hard drive, containing 120 gig of MP3’s. A collection that has taken years to complete, and contains music that it is not possible to buy anymore. Now picture the owner, after he starts his PC to find that the said hard drive is broken, and the music collection lost. Enough Said?

1. Unsupported Software

I found a piece of software called Musicmatch Jukebox years ago. I was so impressed with it, I bought a lifetime licence. Only the lifetime in question turned out to be about three years. First Yahoo bought the company, and made the software a shadow of its former self, and of no use to anyone. Then the older version stopped running. And now I’m still trying to find a decent replacement.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I did this, but here I go again.

10 thing I hate about Battlefield: Bad Company 2 online.

10. People using the UAV and ATV as mobile crate detonating devices.

OK, now I know the point of the game it to blow up the crates, and kudos to the idiots who actively put themselves on the line by driving the ATV at least they have the balls to leave the safety of their own base to try and bring in the cheap win. It's still a cheap way to score an easy crate none the less. Not as bad of the pricks that refuse to leave their safe zone and try to C4 the crates using the UAV. It is the cheapest way to win a game. If you are going to blow the crate using C4, nut up and show some skill and do it in person, rather than phoning it in.

9. Team death match idiots who ignore the crate on attack.

Luckily I don't really have to put up with this that often, I have an excellent pool of people I play with and it reduces this hassle. However, I have seen people physically walk past the crate to get into a camping spot. Why didn't they arm it? Kills to be had. These people would rather they lose and individually look good than have a moderate score and drag in a win. These people are fucking idiots of the highest order, if they want to do this sort of shit why don't they go and play a game mode that would actually benefit from them killing instead of playing Rush?

8. Blue campers on the crate.

I have no idea wtf goes through these peoples minds. They will sit in the crate room just staring at the crate instead of been in the thick of the battle. I mean, if there are people pouring into the building I could understand it, but no, they will sit in a specific building guarding a crate that has no threat while the other crate is getting hammered. Useless cunts.

7. Players who hold resources back.

I have been in so many games where either a blue has had a tank that has been so far back it has been no fucking use to the people fighting up front, or the reds are doing the same, taking pot shots from miles away because they are scared of taking damage. You guys are in a fucking armoured vehicle, you can take a lot of damage before you buy the farm, get the fuck into the battle and start pulling your weight. You will have support, people will repair you. OK, I'm not asking you to park in front of a TOW launcher or do anything silly that will result in a quick death, but at least do something.

6. Medic whores.

Sometimes people make mistakes. I've done it myself, I have revived people only for both of us to get mown down the instant I get them up. However, some people take this to the extreme. For some people it seems that instead of using common sense and killing people before reviving, they will revive you anyway, they get points each time they do. So you get penalised by not getting a fair chance because you keep getting gunned down the moment you get to your feet while they reap in the points.

5. Griefers.

Accidents happen. Sure, I've team killed, I've hit blues with the tracer tag and I've destroyed the odd crate building that I shouldn't have. But some people do this all the time. Putting C4 on your own crates is a stupid thing to do, it frustrates your own team, and it makes it boring for the opposing team because you are literally taking the point of the game away from them. Also something that is pretty rare but I have witness is friends on either team giving assest to the enemy. You might be doing your buddies a favour guys, but you should play for whatever team you are currently on. Stealing the chopper and flying it to the enemy so they can use it isn't cool.

4. The crate is lit up, why do you do nothing about it?

A similar problem to #8 you get people that will happily sit next to a crate that's about to blow up without doing bugger all about it. Anything would be excellent, putting motion sensors down, putting smoke down so a disarm can take place a bit easier, or just patrol the area to make an extra target for the attackers to shoot while someone else disarms. Do something! Revive or heal people, it doesn't matter, you running about like a useless twat means that eventually you will lose.

3. The lighthouse

Just bad design man. It is indestructible, and the way leading to it has no cover whatsoever, so once people get in there they can spend the next base just sniping and generally being a pain in the arse. Just been able to open it up would suffice, but as it stands you have very little chance of killing someone once they get in there. It is the only place where you can truly set up camp in the game, and it sucks crusty arsehole.

2. My name is Gustav. Carl Gustav.

Rockets are great, they are the main offence at killing armoured vehicles and stationary weapons. They are invaluable. So what do people use them for? Shooting people. Over and over again. We were recently in a game that had nothing but engineers running around with Gustavs as their primary weapon. I don't know how they sleep straight in bed at night. Using that weapon like they do now it like using a fork to comb your fucking hair. It was not meant for you to use it as an anti personnel and it is mega cheap. No one likes anyone who plays cheap.

1. Wookies.

I don't have much love for sniper classes as it is, but a lot of people take the piss when it comes to playing as the recon class in this game. Don't get me wrong, I have seen Recons that do the job they are supposed to do, but a lot of them leave a lot to be desired. When the game first came out you would have a glut of snipers on certain hills, sometimes over half the team would go sniper. Eventually people would go up and fight the snipers face to face and they would rightfully massacre the snipers, because they don't really excel at close combat. Does this discourage snipers and force people into other classes? Does it fuck. They just move further back and shoot at the people hunting them where they were before. What good is someone that far back? None. It's all well and good that you can headshot someone all way across the map, but what good is that to the cause? It isn't winning you games. Sure, you're K/D ratio might be positive, but I am sure that if an idiot like me can go positive by running in generally been average, then you snipers could do the same? You people are not a credit to your team, you are actually a weight around its neck. The sooner you play as a team and use Recon where suitable or better still drop the ghillie suit and go do something even more useful is the day you will pick up more wins.

Still an awesome game though. :P