passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dr Who

Hendo

the pandorica contains information on the universe bcs it was closed before the unniverse was destroyed, or something like that. It also emits a restoration field so that whatevers inside the box doesn't die. The tardis was exploding at every point in time and space bcs it's the tardis, and so combine the pandorica with the tardis and you can restore the world.

The rest of it centred on memories and paradoxes, but there was a nice reference back to an earlier episode

I don't think it was perfect but it wasn't a bad episode

Ok, so how did he get out the box to start with? unless i missed it im still unsure how??

I know Rory opened it with the sonic, but that was after the doctor was free, so how did he get free in the first place, and also Captain Jacks time traveling device, how did he get that? he returned it to River but when did she give it him?? and who was controlling the Tardis, that wasn't answered ether. Loads of questions still left unanswered!!

Ok, so how did he get out the box to start with? unless i missed it im still unsure how??

I know Rory opened it with the sonic, but that was after the doctor was free, so how did he get free in the first place, and also Captain Jacks time traveling device, how did he get that? he returned it to River but when did she give it him?? and who was controlling the Tardis, that wasn't answered ether. Loads of questions still left unanswered!!

The how did he get out of the box thing is a paradox/plot hole. I'm not sure there is an explanation. He picked River's time travel watch thing up off the floor when he was released from the pandorica. There's also the question of how the world matched its normal development without stars, we used to use them to map travel so wouldnt that set us back centuries?

Essentially Pratchett and Fry are right, it's a kids program and not 'proper' sci-fi in that it doesnt bother explaining anything. Still I'm looking forward to the next series

I agree the new series should be good, as him as the doctor. Very quirky and odd, but also familiar as alot of his comments have been made by previous Doctors, half expected him to pull out a bag of jelly babies at some point.

I think the time travel and how he could tell one person could do something for him in the first place is what confused me. There's nothing more to make my head hurt than time travel.

Any theories on who River Song is? I don't think it's a spoiler to mention that she said that when he finds out who or what she is then everything will change.

I had a quick Google and there's people that think it's his mother, his daughter or (and this is my theory) The Master.

There was someone else who suggested that River Song was actually a future regen of the Doctor.

She is his future wife, but not sure if its this regeneration of the doctor or a future version.

When she met DT she said he was too young for her yet, but it does appear to be a weaving storyline, it wouldn't make any sense if the current doctor and her get together, im thinking its more at his next regeneration so they can stretch it out until Matt moves on. One thing i would like to be tied up at some point is how Capt Jack becomes the face of bo, saying that they could tie it up in torchwood if they wanted to as well.

One thing i would like to be tied up at some point is how Capt Jack becomes the face of bo, saying that they could tie it up in torchwood if they wanted to as well.

I didnt know that. Was he the face of Bo in the first series of the reboot (the character not the actor obviously)? Never really saw what was so great about ...Bo but thats a good touch

• 6 months later...

I watched the christmas special the other day and really enjoyed it. It retells the christmas carol story, but managed to keep t from being too sickly. But the bbc just showed the first part of the final tennant Dr Who, and it was shit. So stupid, so ridiculous, so annoying, the absolute worst of Tennant and RTD

• 2 months later...

Dunno lol

<object width="618" height="463"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00fxf06&config=undefined&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></param><embed src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="618" height="463" FlashVars="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00fxf06&config=undefined&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></embed></object>

• 1 month later...

So won't spoil it for the iplayer viewers, but im really enjoying the new series of Dr Who, tonights was very unexpected and was a well thought out story, doesn't explain the ending of episode 2 yet, but im sure theres more to come!

Will be watching later. Didn't think much of the last episode though with the pirates.

It confuses me how one person is credited with writing an episode, different to the last, yet there's an ongoing story so surely the person who's working on that should be credited with co-writing?

Yep the pirate one was really good until about half way, space ships and all that just couldn't see the point. I rarely watch confidential after but tuned in to that now, mainly because im interested in the back ground to the story tonight and secondly as im not watching dancing, singing in the park rubbish!

genuinely brilliant this week I thought. I was a bit worried as I ended up watching it with 2 of my housemates and I'm pretty sure neither of them really wanted it on (but what else was there?). Awesome though, I've no idea who Neil Gaiman is really but the praise he's getting on the net is deserved.

Also Karen from corrie was really good in it, as good a special guest as I've ever seen in it