passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dr Who

Hendo

Neil Gaiman wrote Stardust which I think had the same tone as last nights episode.

Matt Smith is a great doctor as well, much better than Tennant. This series does seem intent on confusing me tho. Plus some of the scenes have been a bit strong for pre watershed viewing - especially ep 2 with all the deaths and the Silence aliens.

Quite a few of the newer dr who fans missed alot of the subtext in last nights episode, my oh watched this afternoon and i had to keep explaining things to her, for me i thought last nights was one of the best in the Matt Smith era so far, no timey whimy, press one button job done episode. Next weeks looks just as interesting!

I have to say that this is my favourite Matt Smith episode so far. He's kinda grown on me a bit now, although I wasn't impressed to start with. I liked the idea of the TARDIS archiving old console rooms. Maybe we'll see some of the older rooms in the future, like a Tom Baker era console room.

'Sexy', the TARDIS personified was a great charictor, and I liked the interplay between her and the Doctor, even going so far as to say she stole him, not the other way around. And nearly 900 years of the Doctor wandering through time and space, was her getting him where he needed to be. Excellent script writing, and great acting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with the last 2 episodes, a few online rumors and basically wtf?? the writing for this series has been superb, can't fault it great tv!

Amy when was she swapped?? and by who and why?? River Song we finally find out who she is this saturday, looks like his ganger dies in the first episode, but im betting an even bigger twist yet to come! would be good to see if any of the companions from the previous tennant era turn up on saturdays episode, but guess they might not.

Sorry i thought because i was late, everyone else had seen it, plus its all over the internet and twitter, was slightly spoiled before i watched it.

I will say Matt Smith is taking the dr role on really well starting to make him his own, i know each regeneration should be a new doctor but he is new but familiar as well! loved the jelly baby line! and the line at the end.

Not happy its the mid term break next week, but hey we should have torchwood to fill the gap! :rolleyes:

Last night, all i can say is awesome, just more questions and less answers again!! wish they would start to answer more than 1 per episode, and if you haven't watched it, you have to watch right past the credits....

what am i missing? just watched the credits back on iplayer and theres nothing there

I was a bit disappointed with the episode, I dont like when they skip huge chunks of narrative between episodes, episode 1 & 2 being prime examples. I want more from the awesome cliffhanger you set up not a completely different episode, and I don't want 40 minutes of nothing and pomping up characters to seem amazing (Rory).

As a whole though the series has been good, looking forward to the second half

Wow, what a reveal! Wasn't expecting that!

Really? I had thought that for ages!

the baby being a ganger was a shock tho

There was a shot of a part of a character right at the end.

a skeleton hand holding the sonic screwdriver. The light on the screwdriver slowly went out

Really enjoyed last nights episode. As I said before, I didn't like this Doctor when he first started, but he's won me over. Great writing all through this series. I can't wait until Autumn for the next.

As above, sonic screwdriver losing power and i think it was the caption time is running out....

Sort of knew who River was after a random guess after the 2nd episode, the ganger was a suprise! looking forward to the autumn, but we have Torchwood: Miracle Day to keep us occupied!!

Wasn't the Rivers Song thing pretty obvious once

you know the baby is called MELODY POND

I have issues with Dr Who, a lot of which I was running though in my head last night as I couldn't sleep. I really like the Doctor as played by Matt Smith (haven't really seen much of the other incarnations, but what I've seen of Tennant, I wasn't all the keen), and I really like the chemistry between all the leads as well. I love all the fractured time line stuff (I'm a fan of anything with a wonky time line) and a lot of other elements, but every week (with exception to this weeks episode) there is always something that really frustrates me or grates on me about it. I think its the 90% confusion as to whats happening, then the super fast explanation at the end which seems to skim over things. Looking forward to autumn though.

• 2 months later...

Nah - the Hitler one is the first episode from the second half of this years series - it had a summer hiatus.

I missed the first ten minutes and Sky+ decided I didnt want to see it so had no idea what was going on at all - will have to catch up at some point.

Next weeks looks scary :(

I missed the first ten minutes and Sky+ decided I didnt want to see it so had no idea what was going on at all - will have to catch up at some point.

Well, you missed Karen Gillan in a school uniform but I'm willing to bet that impressed me more than it will you.

I thought that was alright, sadly not as much to do with Hitler or Berlin as I expected.

Next episode does indeed look a bit on the scary side.

a bit of a mixed bag of an episode. It starts awfully, everything that the modern series does wrong with stupid over the top characters and throwing you in as though you've missed something. But it finishes pretty strong

I hope I'm wrong but regarding the death of the Doctor

Do we think it's that robot she shoots? I can't even remember what happens properly, something could make that impossible, but I'm assuming we find out this series