passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

• 2 weeks later...

Back from holidays next week apparently. I asked on gb community thread at era.

I know this isn't the Waypoint thread... or the FFXIV thread. But I just found out that Austin Walker started playing FFXIV a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed listening to him rage about it on the latest podcast.

Basically he hates it except for the parts he really enjoys, which is the ARR experience in a nutshell. Hope he sticks with it to HW.

this might be more of a film thread post, but when they eventually rereleased The Exorcist I went and rented it, watched it with my brother and we were both expecting it to be horrific, it was more funny than anything. Maybe because we're not a religious family, maybe because we were watching it in the late 90s, but I'd have thought it was absurd enough to have someone else reacting to

• 4 weeks later...

Tetris 99? I’m not a fan but these lot love their Tetris and Brad really likes it. And when he likes a game it doesn’t really matter what the rest think, he’ll just keep going on until the others get bored and back down. 
Apex Legends could win too as Jeff and Ben in particular love that and from what I remember the rest at least really like it. Another game I’m not that bothered about too.

I think Outer Wilds will probably win just about every other GOTY from what I’m hearing elsewhere. Really gutted I couldn’t get into that game at all as everyone else fucking loves it.

there might be an interesting conversation around Disco Elysium. It probably needs someone else on the West coast to play it, but Ben seems to love it, Abby didn't like what he played and Vinny has taken against it because of the reaction to Abby's quick look 

I'm hoping they don't pick Tetris again, nothing against it but it felt like a bit of a cop out last year. They'll no doubt pick something ridiculous in the top 10, they can't help themselves, and it will feel like the whole staff have only played about 20 games combined all year

I really like Vinnyvania so I don’t mind that, I also like diving in the archives when I can’t find anything to watch or listen too. When I was playing Death Stranding I got through their entire Load our Last Souls series at the same time which was great.

I pay the premium for Vinny. Except the Donkey Kong series which was too overwhelmingly Dan I’ll watch anything with Vinny in it. 

This time of year never seems great for content on Giant Bomb. With Thanksgiving,the GOTY podcast recordings, and making videos to go up over Christmas, the're too busy for much else. 

It does lead to a fun Friday stream occasionally, with everyone in the same place. 

• 3 weeks later...