Sign in to follow this  
David

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

I haven't finished listening to the whole thing yet, but the most disappointing section is piss funny. Angry Jeff is Jeff at his funniest, then Vinny starts going in too

Brad seems to particularly be a prick this year

I’m on that bit now and they really should let Dan have his way, because they will over-rule him on top 10, and as he points out, plenty of people have chucked their toys out of the pram and got their way, it’s only fair, and I’m most of the way there in agreeing with how disappointing that game is.

Watching Awesome Games Done Quick on Twitch, which is fantastic as always. One of the donation polls is choosing the filename for when they play NieR Automata. 

Screenshot_20190107-205312_Twitch.jpg

Oof, thier Blaster Master Quick Look is certainly something.  They maybe should have played it more before showing it because there is a pretty key mechanic Brad doesn't understand. 

There is a counter mechanic with I-frames that he uses by accident a few times which stuns enemies and there is a lock button so you can move and face in one direction as you shoot for the top down bits. 

He just complains about the Joy-cons and reckons he'll be able to play it fine on a controller.  Nah, mate.  That's not the problem. 

Danny O'Dwyer has put out a new episode of noclip podcast with Jeff Gerstmann as his guest. Download or play it through YouTube, below.

Vinny being Vinny. "I'm a spaceman!"

any ones else's premium about to expire? I've emailed them to ask if they're doing a sale any time soon

Mine’s already gone through, yesterday I think.

I’m still happy paying for the East Coast stuff but I’m about 3 episodes behind on the Mass Effect show.

Not a criticism of it, I just get behind.

Just checked mine. Due to expire May 18th.

I got a reply from Rorie saying to buy it or let it renew then email him the store code and he'll refund it 

Cool, I'm going to send him an email too.

Edit: is it support @ giantbomb.com @DANGERMAN?

In GB related news, Waypoint has been swallowed up by Vice properly.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3k3b9k/waypoint-is-joining-the-new-vicecom?utm_source=wptwitterus

I’d be a bit nervous if I worked there, but in fairness, if anything happened, they’d only have themselves to blame. The impression of Waypoint has always been one of too much self indulgence and needing someone to say, “no”.

Put Austin Walker back in the Beast office and have done with it.

whenever I've tried to actually look at Waypoint itself it's always been a mess. Their videos are on Twitch or youtube, their writing disappears if it's not a featured article. If I was managing their site the first thing I'd do was pull it all together in to one place, this might actually help them. That said, Vice isn't doing that well any more, so any sort of change is going to be a worrying one

Austin is the only video game guy I could consider giving a patreon sub to.

But I don't know that their "content" would fit that, they actually talk about games not just give hyperbolic reactions to them

Rorie replied saying there will be a sale soon, but if I renewed at full price hit him up and he'll sort me out.

Looks like Premium sale is on now.

had a feeling they might have a sale. We all had our subs ending, there must have been a reason for that, and if we've been emailing them other people must have. Easier to just put the sale on than have Matt spend his day refunding people